an example of propaganda

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Gri77oN, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. propaganda can be done percieved in many ways.
    the most easiest way is to make your target (in this case american citizens)
    believe it has access to all informations, thus can make its own sound
    decisions.

this is something that you will not see on USA television or media:

January 26, 2005
    Iraqis To Bush
    What Have We Done To Deserve This?

By: Evelyn Pringle Independent Media TV

Despite Bush\'s endless hypocritical assertions about how we have brought
    freedom to Iraq, the truth is that almost all of the people in that country who
    have managed to survive the military attacks, have lost loved ones and had
    their lives ruined.

Iraqis have been telling us to leave ever since we arrived. They want to run
    their own country and they want an end to the torture and killing. They\'re
    willing to take the risk of believing their lives will be better without the
    involvement of the US.

An anonymous Iraqi woman edits the blog \"Baghdad Burning,\" subtitled \"Girl
    blog from Iraq.\" This was her message nearly a year ago on May 7, 2004, \"I
    sometimes get emails asking me to propose solutions or make
    suggestions. Fine. Today\'s lesson: don\'t rape, don\'t torture, don\'t kill, and get
    out while you can -- while it still looks like you have a choice. ... Chaos? Civil
    war? We\'ll take our chances -- just take your puppets, your tanks, your smart
    weapons, your dumb politicians, your lies, your empty promises, your
    rapists, your sadistic torturers and go.\"

A fact that Bush seems to have forgotten, is that Iraq is their country. And I
    think the message is perfectly clear, they want us out of their country.

etc etc etc go read for yourself.
    http://www.independent-media.tv/item.cfm?fmedia_id=10330&fcategory_desc=Under Reported

fair use note:
    This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been
    specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material
    available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political,
    human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues,
    etc. We believe this constitutes a \'fair use\' of any such copyrighted material
    as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with
    Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without
    profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included
    information for research and educational purposes. For more information go
    to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use
    copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond
    \'fair use\', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

2. well you don\'t need to convince me, i don\'t even watch any politics or read up on it.. for me thats just common sense to know what the US is doing. I don\'t know why so many people are defending the states (not the citizens, but the politicians and bush)

3. nice remark:
    indeed there is a difference between the usa gov and the usa citizens.

the usa gov are the ones that decide to go bombard a country
    the usa citizens are those that don\'t think.

I do not blame the usa citizens, they were never tought to think, and are not given all facts, so when they do make some choices , those choices are always what the usa gov wanted them to choose in the first place.

which means the guilty are the usa gov.

(the drones do make choices, they just follow the Collective)

--------------------

that\'s why usa citizens get so emotional when their eyes open up and they see the propaganda. They just can not cope with the informations, and its implications .
    so they try to make me feel bd by telling me how bad and hypocrit is my governement. whereas the intelligent thing to do seems to me to engage in a process where they would make their own decisions.

please note:
    in 1789, the french citizens revolted against its governement because the difference between what they were doing and what the citizens wanted was too great. in my pov, we are 200+ years ahead of you: we have done our revolution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.