An epiphany.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Senior PoopiePants, Mar 14, 2012.

1. [quote name='"GGrass"']

When someone close to you dies, you get angry, you get sad, and you curse death, for taking away your loved one.

Then you realize, death has nothing to do with your anger and sadness, but it's your attachment to that person that's making you angry and sad.

You wish he/she was still alive, but he/she isn't. And that's making you angry and sad.

So you let go of the attachment you have for your loved one, and the anger and the sadness go away...

I see what you mean man...

You're trying to deal with suffering, right?[/quote]

Not at the moment. But yeah, you got it.

2. Oh dude, Bashar is awesome.

I don't believe that he is really channeling an E.T., for his seminars are hundreds of dollars just for one seminar on a DVD.

Regardless, the information is mind blowing to say the least.

I loved his seminar on "slip streaming". YouTube took it down quickly so you would have to buy it if you wanted to see it. :(

Why do these people like Darryl Anka have to charge so much for their shit if they're really supposed to be helping people? :confused:

3. All explanations for death is irrelevant to me, it makes no sense to worry about a scenario after death that was created by the living. How could I be 'wrong', I cease to BE once dead.

4. Death, life, attatchment, detatchment - they're all just ideas that we have assigned meaning to in order to pinpoint a cause, a reason to tie it all together. We have the tendency to try and understand everything. Even when we are dreaming our mind is constantly at work trying to make connections and sense out of nonsense. Why did my loved one die? How could such a thing occur? These questions imply that there is an answer out there when in reality they are asked because they help us rationalize the world around us, leading to yet another form of attatchment and that is the attatchment to the pursuit, whatever that pursuit may be.

Maybe it is just that our knowledge is flawed because we consistently put ourselves through a rigorous effort of finding answers, even if it means coming up with 99 wrong ideas to get one idea that brings us closer to the truth. Perhaps the truth of the matter is that we can never really come to know anything at all.

But even if this were true, why would we act any different? Even then, our dependencies to life would probably be even stronger because there would be a more powerful urge to recognize life and the passing of life. In this situation, accepting that our lives are meaningless would only give us more reason to become attatched because clinging onto whatever makes us ourselves is in turn staying true to our being.

Death is the torn thread to those who fail to see the magnificent quilt that lay before them does not tear at all, but rather weaves itself, connecting and strengthening threads infinitely.

5. May be you should ask easier questions. Then you might get answers more easily.

And I agree 100% on the last scentence.

Perhaps we'll never know.

:smoke:

6. I was pretty tired when I wrote that response, so I didn't really make the underlined idea clear.

What I was trying to say was that regardless of the difficulty of our questions, it is still the curious nature of our minds that causes all the turmoil and conflict with our knowledge. I don't know if you meditate/ed or not, but for some, the aim of meditation is to reach a state where you shut the inner chatter of your mind. Sometimes I find that by shutting yourself off, you are kind of unconciously showing your curiousity to become void of thought. So in a way, you are still asking yourself questions, even if those questions do not take the form of concious thought.

The 99 wrong ideas example was supposed to demontrate that because of our curiousity, some of us may take that quality to an extreme and try to out-compete their fellow peers in order to determine whos truth is more valid. And with that being said I agree, a simplistic approach is key to calm and understanding even some complex things.

7. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXjuqUtOeko]Bashar - Slip Stream 1/2 - YouTube[/ame]

:D:wave: