an EASY way to make a nice glass bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by PassThatShit, Mar 29, 2005.

1. i heard sockets were really bad for you even worse than aluminum...i dunno might be false

2. Nice post bro, and cool idea but you should really learn to drill glass, you will really start having fun when the drilling begins. Good tymes. JOE>

3. I make custom bongs for my friends and for sale, and I found a lot of ways to drill/cut/shape glass. If you have even just a basic drill, the easiest and safest way to drill a hole is to mark the spot with a piece of masking tape or scratch the cutting surface with sandpaper, fill up a sink, submerge the bottle (and fill it - cap off) about a half inch, and drill slow. You are never really "drilling" glass, just etching it out a layer at a time. The tape or scratching helps you get your initial traction.

...of course a Dremmel tool or diamond bit blade works wonders

4. This may sound dumb but how the fuck do you get the plugs out the pens. Theyre in there pretty good..

5. yeah, i made a slider with a small flashlight head, works amazing.

6. I used a SoBe bottle, a removable bowl thing, and a antenna from a remote controled thing. i used a mini dremmel to cut the glass. it took like an hour but it worked and i was happy. i used metal bits w/ some kinda sand paper lik stuff w/ the dremmel. like 10-20$ for it.

now im in the process of using like 2-3 SoBe bottles to make a real big bong. n i got test tubes that im gona melt n make the bowl and to connect the bottles together. ill post pics when im done. im gona cut the bottom off one test tube n melt it or super glue it on upside down with a hole in the bottom like a bowl. then cut holes in the bottles to fit the test tubes. and thas about it. wish me luck im gona need it.

7. hahah, I used one of those bottles for mine with a trumpet mouthpiece and rubber tube...

Attached Files:

8. do u mind showing a picture of ur creation? sounds epic.:smoke:

9. alright so number one. made the account just because of this thread. number two, decent job on that but i have some tips.
    To comment first on how to drill through glass to make your lives easier. PVC piping can be your best friend if you are trying to make a bottle out of a glass bong. make sure you get it big enough for your bottle to fit in. the reason i do this is so that the drill does not slip around when u are drilling through. apply a moderate amount of pressure. and remember. patience is KEY here. if you push to hard, glass cracks around the hole. take it slowly and your alright. make sure the bottle is not sealed because change in air pressures once the bottle is drilled through, leads to cracks around the hole yet again. number two. a question. anybody know anything good for making a stem out of, i was thinking brass or aluminum piping. and welding one of those bolt drill heads. not sure exactly of the name. to it. adding screening to the inside. my reasoning for this is that you can bend copper or aluminum easily while it still lets proficient air flow through. that way the piping can be led towards the bottom of the bottle and go up out of the bottle to the bowl. long paragraph i know but maybe it will help you. also using something like a beer bottle maybe makes it easier to conceal if u turn it into a bubbler say if the cops show up and you are over 21 you may still be good to go. hit me with some feedback

check it :bongin:

10. well i used a glass tube. but u can also use a radio antenna. ive used that b4

11. I don't recommend using plastic at all, use a tube from a metal air guage for the down stem, and a socket for the bowl that fits onto the tube. Screens are cheap.

12. i wasent sayin a plastic antenna. use a retractable metal radio antenna. use pliers to pull it out of the rest of the antenna.

13. that is a fuckin crack pipe, go buy some papers if you want to get high.your bong making skills are horrible

14. haha nice idea man, it's like a mini...one person hookah:smoking:

15. thnx man. n bendemon666 kiss my ass u piece of shit. idc wat u think. i no my idea is amazing. ur jealous:smoke:

16. Ive used a basic lighter and held it onto a socket for about a minute, it did nothing but accumulate moisture. Considering that your not going to have the lighter in direct contact with the steel socket and your not going to have it in there for a minute, id say it would be safe.

17. dude this would work soo soo soo soo sooooooo much easier/better with a simple jar.

18. #58 collins2215, Mar 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2009
    [​IMG]

this is my getto. hits like a charm. small one is filled with water. used as "ash cathcer" than filters down to bottom of big bottle through more water. than u toke taht shit.

19. u guys got planty of good ideas. i got my origonal stolen but im making another of my *all glass* bongs again soon. n il take pictures n show u how its rele done. :bongin:

20. #60 DarkWulf, Jun 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2009
    you get into a glass studio. you make sure your pipe is warm and clear. you get your starter bubble, you gather over it and block it off twice. using the jacks you make a long neck bottle. if you want a double bubble, you heat the sphere part of the bottle, and put a jack line in the middle. then using the chofs (parcioffis, wood bladed jacks) you round out the jack line. voila two bubbles. if you wanna be fancy you can make a neck wrap and lip wrap, and put a blob of glass onto the bottle bubble for where the stem will go. And then theres colored bongs...

yeah, I'm a glassblower. No I won't make you a bong. Get into a glass class and make your own :D:D:D:D

EDIT: ok so it took me 4 months of two attempts daily (at the end of the day) to accomplish that but hey.