An easier way to find shit in the grocery store.

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by UNAB0MB3R, Apr 18, 2012.

1. #1 UNAB0MB3R, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2012
    Im sick of wandering around grocery stores looking for shit under the terribly vague signs thy have posted around. What someone needs to develop is a digital map of the store that contains a search function. You could host it on a website accessible through one of those crazy maze barcode things you can scan with smartphones. That way when i look for weird shit like coconut syrup i can just search instead of aimlessly wandering around the store for half an hour.

But i guess that wouldnt be good for business, having customers come right in and going right out.

2. why not.. just.. ask someone !! :eek:

3. But the stores want people wandering aimlessly, staring at products, consuming. Would save me a hell of a lot of time!

4. [quote name='"DAVlD"']why not.. just.. ask someone !! :eek:[/quote]

Cause no one has any idea where coconut syrup is, or durians, or flash cards. Nobody buys that shit but when you need it nothing else will suffice. Plus the stock boy is never to be found, cashiers don't know shit, and that dude walking around with the clipboard - what does he even do?

5. he keeps track of everything LOL

6. They should put like a small tablet or computer type thing on the shopping carts with a map of the store and a search function.

7. I mean, I usually don't even look for things in a store anymore, unless I know exactly where it is I just ask someone who works there and they find it in a few minutes for me...which is really much easier than looking around, but I know what you mean about incompetent employees...ask that clipboard guy next time, he's probably the manager and should at the very least be able to find you the stock boy.

8. [quote name='"AfganiKush"']They should put like a small tablet or computer type thing on the shopping carts with a map of the store and a search function.[/quote]

Yea that would work when the carts leave the stiore :p

9. [quote name='"Magiggle"']

Yea that would work when the carts leave the stiore :p[/quote]

Good idea. Tablet thingy. So make it detachable, pick it up when you walk in and you would have to leave it at the register when checking out.

10. [quote name='"fox mccloud"']

Good idea. Tablet thingy. So make it detachable, pick it up when you walk in and you would have to leave it at the register when checking out.[/quote]

Nah then it just gets too complicated. There should just be a store number you type into like a Kroger app or something and it gives you the search function and stuff on your phone for that particular store

11. In theory this sounds like an incredible idea, powerful tool and a great machine for efficiency.

But as someone mentioned before, Companies wouldn't implement it because they want you wandering around looking for something because there's a 3/5 chance you'll end up buying something else.

12. i think it would be a good app i am willing to build it :) companies still might use it because u feel u are finding what ur looking for fast but! u still have to past isles b4 u get where u want...

13. Man u guys are tweakin all u gotta do is ask the staff if it is a nice place.

14. It took me 30 min and 3 employees to find out that Walmart didn't carry Soy Lecithin, I'm down for this idea, except I don't use my smart phone for stuff like that.

15. #16 Hydroriffic, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2012
    stores want you to wonder around, especially by all the good deals;) You go in for one thing and come out with three bags and forgot what you originally went there for. But yea i hate wondering around aimlessly, i just hate grocery shopper in general so i only do it once a week and i start from one end of the store and travel through picking up what i need as i go.

Luckily the beer aisles have huge displays so you can see them from a mile away or when you first walk in :D Priority's.

16. I always enjoy getting lost in the grocery store high. You always find some damn good interesting munchies. :smoke: