An Author You All Should Know About

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by Oil Toker, May 21, 2012.

1. As a young kid I was introduced to (in my opinion) the greatest author of all time. His name is Roger Caron and he was a Canadian bank robber. He started getting locked up at the age of only 16. Later on in his life he started writing, he wrote an autobiography, and then had a few more novels published as well. This man's books should be part of the high school cirriculum! He is truly an author everyone should know about. I've been reading his books since I was only 8 years old. My grandmother had just finished the book "Go-Boy!" I read it and I loved it. I highly reccomend you guys read these books!

Roger Caron died on 12 April 2012.

Robber and novelist Roger Caron dead at 73 - Ottawa - CBC News

Attached Files:

2. Come on people.... show some appreciation for this guy's writing!

3. #3 ModalSoul, May 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2012
    Which one did you like best? I'll try and find Go Boy! to read this summer.

I highly doubt he's the best writer of all time, though.

Also -- CBC Ottawa? We might be neighbours, mate! :p

Kind of cool that he lived in the area.

4. He probably isn't, but he is in my book for sure :smoking: I just grew up reading his books. I've read them a countless amount of times. I reccomend reading Go-Boy. It will always be my all time favorite book. I don't think anybody could dislike it!

He lived in Ottawa at the time of his death, I'm pretty sure. I'm not in Ontario. I am from PEI and living in Alberta.

5. The article mentioned him robbing a couple places in Ottawa, which is why I assumed he was from around here. Thanks for the recommendation, man! I'll get back to you once I've read it.