An American trying to get Canadian(B.C.)

Discussion in 'General' started by capt.murphy, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Short version first. Any canadians/Americans living in canada, hook it up with tips, tricks, and useful info on moving/living up north..my story;

Okay so my gf and I have been talking about moving to British Columbia for a few months now. We would be closer to family in Cali/Nv without having to live there and we like to travel.
    What is the cost of living like?
    What kind of rent do you pay vs how much you make?
    What cities/islands are the best IYO? Id like to live in the woods but not be shut off from society
    Is everyone as nice as people claim?
    Any and all info would be awesome and more questions will surely come as I think of them. This kind of stuff I can't really find online and I know there's a good chink of Canadians here. If you'd rather PM to keep your whereabouts unknown I totally understand,
    Thank ya kindly and have a good day!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'll PM ya

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lol good man NA! Thanks bro

• Like Like x 1
  4. Word and thanks loop for lettin me spam your melting pot of a thread lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. Canadians are awesome

• Like Like x 1
  6. How you been CO? Haven't seen you around much

7. Haha so ive heard man. Can't wait to get up there and find out for myself.

8. Hey bud! Yeah I haven't been too active lately, my grow had to get taken down around June, six weeks into flower due to a security issue. Hopefully starting back up this month

9. My wife was a flight attendant for 20 yrs... She lived in Canada for a while. Says it's expensive and there are a lot of taxes. Beautiful place though. I drove to Whistler and spent 4 days skiing there. That was expensive, but hella fun!

• Like Like x 2

10. Canada is expensive, British Columbia in particular being quite a tax heavy province with a cost of living that isn't exactly affordable for everyone.

As far as immigrating from the states, i'm not sure but I imagine you'd need a work visa of some sort and you'll need to apply for citizenship.

Be prepared to spend a lot of money in BC.
    As slang motto goes, Bring Cash.

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 Through The Trees, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2015
    Moving to another country isn't easy. Make sure you have a good job there before you even consider it. So whatever you work for now see if they have any locations there.

• Like Like x 1
  12. You're gonna want at least $2000 to live comfortably in the nicer parts of the province.

13. I live in B.C and its dope, you'll love it trust me

14. I feel honored. This has to be one of your nicer posts in the city haha not in a bad way, you crack me up man.

Yes sir a work visa is a must. Passports allow you in the country for 120ish days at a time so I definately plan on visiting first and citizenship takes years to get which is fine with me. I'm a bit of a nomad so no telling how long I'll be there really. I believe min wage is 10.50 for shit jobs and rent averages around $1000. It'll be my girl and I so that should help to have two of us working. Thanks for the reply man!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thats actually what put the idea in my head. My girls job allows her to transfer and I'm in the construction industry but am very versatile when it comes to work.
    2000 to start out or 2000 a month pay?

16. #16 Zizzy, Nov 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2015
    $2000 a month. If you're working 40 hours a week, you'll want to be making at least $12 or $13 an hour.

• Like Like x 1
  17. [​IMG]

Oh, Canada......

18. Precisely my goal ^^^

19. That mountie baked AF

20. don't get comfortable. I must have been of my meds.