An American Revolution?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FireWork, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Alright so my buddy and I last night were talking about all the issues in our country right now... like high gas prices, spending ourselves further and further into debt, unemployment, etc... and we got to thinking. What if these issues keep on getting worse and worse, to the point where the average citizen can't ignore it. Would there ever be a revolution? I mean the government is already pretty friggin' corrupt, especially with regards to the Fed and shit, so what would an uprising look like?

So I guess my question is, what would have to happen for an actual revolution to take place in America, and how do you think it would happen?

2. Revolution is already here.

3. The Federal government will collapse before anybody overthrows it.

Maybe the states will form new unions after that or something.

4. I wonder how well China will take it? teehee

5. Well, if history is any demonstrator, they will probably be pissed, but will be in China and stay in China, so I dont think that they would do anything too drastic.

I happen to agree with Aaronman, though I believe it will take the system shutting down from the high price of oil, to demonstrate how feeble the economic control of congress has become. People will then realize congress cant keep food in everyone's stomach.

Ultimately its only a matter of time anyway.

6. The revolution is coming very soon unless things change...and there are alot more people who would take up arms than you think.

7. I want to riot in the fucking streets like Greece. I'm not going to lie. That would be one hell of a time.

8. Do you think there would be leaders who would emerge and organize armed attacks on our government?

Shit sounds more like a video game, but it could be our reality. Crazy.

9. i really hope a zombie invasion happens first

10. This game was so epic. I love it!

[​IMG]

11. any revolution would most likely be crushed by the might of our military and security forces, as well as the intelligence gathering capabilities of our government. Revolutionary groups would have to be pre-established and move underground, gathering strength and arms. Anti-Gov news would need to be spread without a trace for the people to lose support for the people in charge, and an alliance or collaboration of rebel groups would need to be forged to fight the various aspects of our gov, such as Lulzsecurity/Anonymous to fight cyber wars, and militant groups to fight on the ground. To be actually successful, the support of some or much of the military would need to be won. Protesting won't fix this country, protesters are being crushed and people who speak out are put on the list. Viva la revolución.

12. I wonder what the military will actually do in this situation. Will the soldiers just be lap dogs and open fire on American Citizens they are sworn to protect? Or will they take a stand for what's right and not fight?

I am very curious :D

13. The word REVOLUTION is on a lot of citizens' minds... it'll grow more and more.

Accept it and let's change, quit this fucking quagmire we're all in.
    Let's grow as individuals, a country, and as a race.

14. we need to get knowledge to tha military.. we need them to back us

15. It all depends on where gun laws lead us.

If we get more restrictive, a revolution isnt even possible.

16. Let's hope it doesn't get that bad =/ But most American's will probably trade safety for freedom :rolleyes: *cough* 9/11 *cough* ;)

17. i wanna say this again

we need to get knowledge to tha military.. we need them to back us

18. #18 TheAtmansPath, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    good call. then we'd win

19. That's why the military coup is so popular; the military has all the tools necessary to do this kind of thing. So would the US military side with the government or the revolutionaries? I think they would be more likely to side with revolutionaries if they were serving under a president that they didn't like, and fighting wars they were tired of fighting. Basically like what we have now.

At any rate, I seriously doubt the regular army would fire on civilians. I was in the army and I really can't conceive of that happening.

20. [​IMG]