An American Dream - White Picket Fences and Marijuana in the So Cal Sun

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by BrassNwood, Sep 8, 2013.

1. 20221205_162423.jpg

I put the tire chains on the smaller machine after I shot the goo in left the hand tire. That wheel is rusted to the shaft and even Christ himself would have a hard time dislodging it. It'll be a new tube if it continues to leak and next summer when the sun is hot enough to soften that ancient tire.
    20221205_162443.jpg
    Snow is in the air and higher up has already gotten a fair bit.

Ordered a 10 pack of shear pins and new skids for the big machine and I'll bring the baby grease gun next trip and shoot some into that gearbox. With 2 of the 3 shaft seals missing I figure 90wt gear lube is going to leak out about as fast as I pour it in. I might add a touch to thin the grease a bit and help insure that top shaft gets lubed.

I scraped blue waterproof marine boat trailer wheel bearing grease out of it when I disassembled it so I'll likely use that again.

We are headed to the mid point tomorrow for the "Santa on Fire Truck" night. He is scheduled to pass that house Wednesday night so we'll have a fire in the front yard and cook wieners and smoke Hash with the next door neighbors while we wait.

Saturday night the 10th is the Boat Parade at the Harbor so we'll head on down on Thursday for that fun and games. This event brings down a ton of boat owners not seen since the 4th of July fireworks display.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  2. Looking good BNW. That boat parade sounds like a fun time. Have you ever used "PB blaster" to free up rusty stuff. I spray the night before I want to disassemble things and again the morning of and I find it works better than anything else I've ever tried.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. I need to get a set of chains for my blower. I wish it came with the tracks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LOL I've been soaking it with PB Blaster every time we are here for the last few months. :) The right side came free in about 2 weeks.

Ya I'm thinking the tracked one will do far better then the wheeled on my long uphill dirt drive or I wouldn't be spending the time and effort on such a clapped out machine.

I've been offered a 3rd blower but it is an older tracked Honda. Perfect shape from a quick glance but the tracks are missing.

He never fussed with it as Honda wanted stupid money for the rubber tracks. Said he nabbed it as a free matching parts machine for his but has yet to need anything off of it in the ten years it has sat there.

Might be some cheap china knockoff tracks for it at a fraction of the dealer cost so I may investigate that one a bit more. Take down the model number next time we visit so I have something to work from hunting parts.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  5. One thing with the tracked snowblowers. If any one bogie wheel is missalined. When you make a hard turn your track will slip off. My new troybuilt did it from day one. The dealer took it back twice before they resolved the issue.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Parts are in! I just hope they were all I need and not the tip of the iceberg :unsure:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. hah! hope you got the right prts and they fit..quality cntrl just ain't what it used to be or nonexistant..sending bk another pump..3rd one!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. wiinter tp's..worried about niite temps but they been outside for wks..should be acclimated by now as well as is a outdr plnt to strt wit..FD's ehhhh! DSCN4580.JPG DSCN4581.JPG DSCN4582.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  9. 20221207_094130.jpg

Down two with two rooted.

20221207_094148.jpg

BNW

• Like Like x 3

10. BNW

• Like Like x 1
  11. 20221208_170608.jpg

Merry Christmas.

20221209_155937.jpg

Vegging clones are kicking it.

20221209_155943.jpg

I tossed a tablespoon of Ammonium Sulfate under each plant and figure the coming rain will rinse it in.

20221209_155949.jpg

The two plants on this side of the fence are Seedlings. Now if I can just remember who they are.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Lookin good Brass!
    Labels buddy…. labels;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I remember thinking when I dropped them ( need labels )
    Tashakor !!!! LMAO I had to poke around a few pages back on the blade I got them from.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  14. We flipped back to the Cabin as we are predicted to get rain and possible snow. I squirted some grease into that snow blower gearbox in case I need to try and use the 8hp unit.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  15. 20221212_075704.jpg

Woke up to find it snowing.
    :)

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. #7976 BrassNwood, Dec 13, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2022
    I fill the smaller machine only to have gasoline leaking everywhere. Carburetor, Primer button. Gakkk recover what I can and pour it into the 8 hp blower. Fires and the auger spins but no drive?? WTH it was working.

Back to the 6hp pull the carb shroud and drop the bowl and fiddle with the needle and seat. Reassemble, Add gas, no leak. Fires and runs well enough.

20221212_162627.jpg

First pass it is doing more plowing then blowing and not low enough and I'm constantly messing with the carb main jet screw to keep it running. I get to the top of the hill and turn around and now the drive is out. $#@%^&*. Shut it off and roll it back down the drive. It freewheels easy enough so all but the last 50 feet was downhill.

Pull the belt cover. Everything looks kosher in here. Pull the belly pan and a bolt and nut fall out. Hmm I'll bet this belongs somewhere important.

Start spinning this and that and hold on this gear should spin when this shaft does. Ahhh empty hole bolt sized. Damn thing is to short and I can only get 2 threads on the nut. Scrounge a longer bolt and done deal.

Start to clean out the snow blocked auger only to find one of the shear pins has already popped and one feed side isn't spinning. Deal with that and raise the skids to lower the cut. No wonder it was only half assed blowing snow. Add more gas and make another pass and it is running better the longer it runs. I've stopped having to fiddle with the carburetor to keep it running strong.

20221212_162642.jpg

Now it's actually throwing snow off the road and doing both blowing and plowing. we'll see tomorrow if the car will climb out. Might still need some hand shoveling in spots up on the top end where it gets steepest.

20221212_162713.jpg

All in all despite the minor issues it did get the job done well enough. I can tell it would have been a shit show without the tire chains. I might lower it a bit more and see how it does.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  17. upload_2022-12-12_17-25-19.jpeg

BNW

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. #7978 BrassNwood, Dec 14, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
    20221213_162009.jpg

A bit of hand shoveling and we are out.

20221213_181409.jpg

Back in town and a shot of the Grow

20221213_181744.jpg

Clones have most showing some roots.

20221213_183145.jpg

Like so.

BNW

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Looks like the snow blowers worked well. Nice looking garden and clones BNW.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Thanks Tim. The 6 hp did all the work you see and for only being 3-4 inches of snow it was working hard.

Now I'll have to dig into the 8 hp and see why the drive worked when it was dry and didn't when there was snow. LMAO I motored the engine / drive tracks half of the machine around a bit while I had the front off dealing with the broken impeller shaft and it seemed to be working well.

Both machines need new friction wheels in the drive as they are beat and missing chunks of rubber. I was surprised the 6hp drive worked as well as it did pulling the grade and blowing // plowing snow.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1