An American Dream - White Picket Fences and Marijuana in the So Cal Sun

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by BrassNwood, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Happy Thanksgiving Brass. I hope everyone had a good time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Just the Wife and I at the Cabin. Turkey even just 11 pounds was still to frozen for her liking so we had Ham and taters last night and we are having the Bird, Dressing, Yams tonight. Didn't make no nevermind to me either way so I said make it easy on yourself when she asked if I minded. LOL the most I might have to do is carve the bird. Mind? Me? She won't even want help doing the dishes. Keep the ____ out of my Kitchen !!!
    :)
    I hope your own was enjoyable my "Old Friend"

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  3. #7943 BrassNwood, Nov 26, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    With the howling wind that has blown here at the Cabin for the last 3 days finally ended I grabbed the bucket of wet patch roofing tar and some bits of nylon reinforcing fabric and slathered tar on the rusted out areas on the water feature making sure to fold the tar over and pasted the underside as well.

Did some raking on the drive and cleaned up the biggest of the downed branches and crap. Not as bad as I feared it was going to be. Rake the needles into the worst of the ruts and knocked off when I got a twinge as I'm still getting some flair up pains.

Mostly I think I'm rolling over and sleeping on my belly at some point in the night and it wakes me up then it takes 2 capsules and 45 minutes to get back to sleep. Persistent little bastard.

BNW

• Like Like x 2

4. RIP

BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. 20221201_052817.jpg

Drove back down to the beach at 04:00 and picked up the clones. Yard plants have put on a good 6 inches in height and are filling out nicely. Neighbor is watering so little to nothing much for me to attend to.

Checked the boat. Bailed the dinghy. Did some market shopping. Stopped at the halfway house on the way back where I have a nice 6 inch vice and ground down / filed the repaired snow blower auger shaft until the bearing / worm gear / nose bearing all fit. Not lathe machining quality but it's low RPM and things can wear in together. As wasted as the entire machine is I wasn't worried about being all that exact.

20221201_053026.jpg

Clones did better then I expected. No mold and that was my fear. They do best with the lid removed once a day for a full air exchange.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Sounds like you've been busy. Everything is looking good BNW.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Good tip on the air exchange for clones. I need to make a cloning tent and ditch all the domes!

• Like Like x 2
  8. I need to figure out a tolerable ratio of bleach to water I can spray on them for preventive measures as mold is the number one threat I have. Coming from outside the cuts are bound to have plenty of potential pathogens present.

Something like say two eyedroppers of bleach in the pint sprayers I have. I should test that on some surplus cuts when these root. I'll have a few more then even I can use or give away if most strike. Might as well use them as test dummies before I toss them in the garbage.

I remember old SG1 would spray his cuts thoroughly with "Raid House and Garden".. I never felt the need to get that OCD on them. I've only had Spider Mite tenting turn up on a cutting once in all these years and I washed them off under the garage sink water and a soft brush saving the cutting.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  9. A good friend (now gone) RIP Joel. He worked for an Orchid Cloning outfit. All sterile hoods with a high chlorine content air space the actual work was done in. It was like walking into a room you just spilled a gallon of bleach on the floor in. Really eye watering potent so the plants should be able to tolerate at least enough I can smell it as I'm spraying it. Like running a load of whites I can always get a whiff of the Bleach.

BNW

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Thanks Tim. I'm still double dosed and not up to my old self standards yet so I'm doing more screwing off on line or watching Warehouse 13 then getting things I'd like done gotten to.

I'd like to get the big Snow blower reassembled and the parts out of the trucks cab floor. If it doesn't rain (Predicted) and warms up a tad I'll tackle that today. The smaller unit has a flat on the other side from the one I repaired. I'm sure I shot some goo in it but.

Need to grab another can of FixAflat and a $24 dollar gallon of True Fuel. I'll be dammed if I'll run Ethanol pump gas in them after cleaning the gelatin out of both Carburetors. Jell-O in the float bowls tends to present problems.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  11. I try to keep a clean cloning area, but definitely not that sterile. I’ll sterilize the blade and cutting board before the final cuts are made, but thats about it.
    Lately, I’ve been taking clones for multiple flower rooms and the domes are starting to back up. Temp and humidity swings are a problem for me in those domes. I’m thinking of a tent split in two, one level for fresh cuts at a higher humidity, and one to move them into after a few days with lower humidity.

• Agree Agree x 2

12. A pair Capsules 90 minutes ago when I got up and I've got that "The Music is Melting my Brain" grade stone going down. LMAO damn this stuff never gets old and never fails to light my candle on both ends.

Hang on Blades it's going to be a bumpy ride.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Hey BNW. I found that around me Harbor freight usually sells replacement tires cheaper than I can purchase a can of fix a flat. As for the mold on clones. I don't run a lot of clones. But, I live in a flood plain. We get flooded almost every year. Bleach doesn't kill mold spores. It does clean the surface mold. But, the mold will come back. Vinegar kills the spores. I'd suggest using Lactobacillus serum on your clones. It should solve your issue with little to no cost. I believe it works in two ways. Changing the leaf surface pH similar to the potassium bicarbonate we use outdoors for PM and Botrytis and this...
    Several investigations have shown that various Lactobacillus spp. can limit mycotoxinogenic mould growth by producing antifungal metabolites with low molecular weight (Lavermicocca et al. 2000; Dalié et al. 2010 ).

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. #7954 BrassNwood, Dec 3, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
    20221203_124955.jpg

The repaired shaft end assembled

20221203_125004.jpg

Gearbox housings. That big bronze gear is worn badly but hopefully still serviceable. It fought me tooth and nail as it only wants to go together one way. The half moon key just so in the shaft and the gear using the worn shiny shaft way and facing just so.

20221203_130401.jpg
    Finally !!! WOOHOO.

I didn't install a new seal for the auger shaft in the gearbox case as the groove it rides in is wore away in places and smashed flat in other spots. I'll shoot some Marine wheel bearing grease into it and call it good. If it really spits lube out the shaft hole I'll jam some bits of rag in there. I might just do that now as I know it's a potential trouble spot.
    20221203_140742.jpg

I stopped and came in for some attitude adjustment.

A pair of belt guide brackets to hammer straight and it should be ready to test. Spinning the auger by hand didn't have the gearbox wobbling so it looks like a nice straight weld job on the shaft Thank you Neighbor. :)

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. I loved my tracked snowblower that thing was a bear and could tackle even the deepest snow. Nice job with the repair BNW.

16. tp's for the six tomorrow..gonna wtr in wit Recharge..think its same as the amonium sulfate and i nvr used it..waste not want not DSCN4576.JPG DSCN4575.JPG gave auto hydro a chance and WOW!..goes out nxt cpl days DSCN4577.JPG

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. I use Recharge sometimes as well. It's more designed to establish and support beneficial bacteria in our growing mediums. It doesn't really add much in the way of nitrogen like ammonium sulfate does.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Lazy me says shoot a full can of tire snot into it and pray.
    Smart me knows that tire is old as the day is long and likely shit anyhow so I'll start shopping for a tube. It's a real bitch to get them old stiff tires off then back on again is mostly why I'm procrastinating.

It still has the cracked frame box issue. When you engage the auger the tension on the belt tilts the engine down. Naturally it is the last part you get to after stripping everything off.

I'm hoping it holds together long enough to test it this winter before I dive that deep into a teardown. See how well the Auger repair holds and works.

I might be able to pull the engine and weld it from outside the box / frame but that still means transporting half the machine 90 miles to my neighbor and back. Truck time at 9mpg. AKKK.

I'd better stick to my original thoughts and strip it to the box and then I can move it in the car only being a 12 inch cube.

I'd have tested it but it's dry as a bone and my can of gasoline has grown legs and is hiding. I don't think I used it all. Ehhhh I'll grab more tomorrow along with the Tire goo.

We must be going to some kind of wing ding tonight as the wife made deviled eggs and trimmed my eyebrows so they cover my bald head better. :)

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  19. I purchased 2 tires on the rim on sale at harbor freight for a small tractor wagon for $20.00 with free shipping. The tubes were more expensive locally at Tractor supply. I like lazy fixes. Pull the cotter pin and replace.
    Hopefully it wasn't the cracked frame that led to the auger bushing failing. That would suck. We get great buys around here at garage sales. My brother purchased a like new snowblower for $200.00. The seller couldn't get the belt to keep from slipping causing it to halt forward drive when it hit heavy snow. It was a $5.00 belt tensioner spring and it works like new again.

20. Ironically, I’ll be doing the same repair on my snow blower later this week! New impeller and bearings…

• Like Like x 1