An American Dream - White Picket Fences and Marijuana in the So Cal Sun

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by BrassNwood, Sep 8, 2013.

1. ugh! committed to playin drums tomorrow afternoon for cpl hrs..don;t say die,just die willya!...afternoon playin shuffles that i hate just might do it..

• Like Like x 1
  2. But he is the most popular president in a 100 years.
    Don't you remember all the people that came out in support of the Biden-Harris campaign. Ohh wait they were all flag waving trump supporters. :)

I remember when the count was done by hand with both sides counting the ballots then exchanging the piles and counting again. Something, something about a double blind count.

Now...... Opps look the computer just wiped out 500,000 votes. Lets check the software.
    OHH NO YOU DON"T.
    That is proprietary software. No lookie no touchie.
    HUH ??
    It just has to count the numbers.
    Dos 1 can do that.
    :)

If we really had any unbiased news reporting they would be all over the cost to fly the sitting president to campaign for a state Governor. Just what did this little junket cost every federal tax payer?

You'd think all the loyal people that voted for him would have come out in droves to show their unwavering support drowning out any possible noise the opposition could have rallied.
    Crickets....... More Crickets......

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Damn, I remember those socked in mornings! Now I deal with 10’ snow drifts and -30 degrees plus wind chill, but when I get back down to So Cal and hit the beach in the morning with a fly rod in my hand I freeze my damn ass off! Lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. It's overcast again this morning but no fog and mist so I'll try and get my paddle around the island. Neighbors flags are hanging limp so no wind. Ahhhhhhhh.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  5. Left at 07.30 and it took about 2 hours to make the island circuit on the SUP. I'll leave earlier to beat the heat of that last leg. Or reverse my direction of travel. Hmmmm. Then I can't see who is overtaking me and the boat wave chop sneaks up from behind... Nawwwww not that stable yet.

Voted on the recall of our glorious state leader. Only 40 people running to replace him. :) Gotta love the Klown world politics in this state.

20210914_151714.jpg
    3 gallons dry measure of Decarbed bud scraps.
    The industrial potato ricer.
    160 micron mesh.
    20210914_151721.jpg
    I started with Six full 1.75 ltr jugs of 190 proof. Used 4.5
    20210914_152235.jpg
    I have 6 750ml bottles I cross fill to do my Tincture works.
    A near full quart jar of scraps and a full 750ml of booze.
    Shake 10 seconds and press out with the ricer and back into the bottle. Nets 500ml of tincture.
    20210914_155433.jpg
    My Combined efforts @ 11 jars of scraps / bottles netted exactly Three full 1.75 jugs of Tincture and used up all the bud scraps.
    20210914_155451.jpg
    The wet bud scraps with more then 3 ltrs of booze still locked up in it. I put the lid on this and I'll recover the 190proof another day.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Did the full island loop again as well as the inner ring adding another mile to the paddle. Ouch the back of my calves are on fire. Got pain in muscles I didn't know I owned.

Started at first light. Hmmm might need to start even sooner and beat the rowing crews to the water.

20210915_100731.jpg
    Added enough water to float the alcohol soaked scraps.
    20210915_100744.jpg
    Some agitation.
    20210915_101644.jpg
    Cup by cup it all gets squeezed out.
    20210915_101648_Burst01.jpg
    Down to the last few drops.

I'll distill off and recover the Alcohol from this at the next Tincture reduction.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Akk Daybreak and I've just been pissing away the morning on the stupid Computer.. BBL

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  8. Takes me just about 90 minutes to circle the island, drag the SUP board out, wash it and finish futzing around.

Only took 3 days for the sea life to start attaching to the board past the point of just wiping off. Had to scrub hard to work the little buggers off so it'll need to be pulled from the ocean after every use.

I'd been leaving it in the empty slip 2 down from us but the marina office has a new dock warden who has a fresh book of red tag violations he just can't wait to stick on your boat for so much as a cleaning rag left on the dock OMFG !!.

I'll leave it propped up against the fire hydrant for now and see if it gets tagged.:)

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  9. AD blocker is messin up..clear your cache someone said..went in to twn..got a sheet of checks for $2 rather than a bk for $26..got 50'garden hse and got the mold off the cacti dwnstairs..wash car next??? went to o'reilys to chk on that EGR valve because the two i got online don't look rright..sure enough the prt they carry is the exact same prt in the car...argggggh! only $215!!!! i'll send the others bk for $115 refund...damm! had a momentt of panic when car wouldn't strt at the bank..loose battery cable..wot idiot would do that..me of course!..typical

• Like Like x 3
  10. #6970 BrassNwood, Sep 17, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    20210916_114641.jpg

Garlic

No paddle this morning. Friday starts the idiot weekend and even this early the fisherman have chopped the bay up past where my newbee ass is happy. To rough and I'm dropping to my knees to stay on the board.

I'll tow the patchwork Pete board over to the rack first then get the red one out of the Van and do the same. We'll be heading out of town and I want the Van empty..

Edit:: As expected the Johnson engine was a bitch to start and needed a shot of ether to fire.
    I need to figure something else out beside pulling the cover to prime the pig. Drill hole and a straw glued in place ??? Ahhhhh I think I have just the thing.

BNW

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. gave the crew cal-mag ystrday..see how they look this morn..if i can get in the mood maybe i'll DIY the insulation jckt..easy to do as long as you take your time on measurements..the size foam containers i use are hrd to get and shipping is pricy..they are used to ship tech gear in and then sold on evil bay..cost $15-$20 but shipping $40 cause of size..i want to field another 4 hydro after the current crop is done for the winter..nite temps hv drp'd in the res's so less frz pk shuffle..its hydro season! all the soil is tired after four yrs and will hv to be reamended more than usual after hrvst..i won't be doing soil wit heaters this winter like last winter..too tedious..hydro only

• Like Like x 1
  12. 20210919_141057.jpg

Garlic cut from the branches and tossed in a bucket overnight.

BNW

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. hydros are makin DSCN3292.JPG the most of it

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. So a few days ago I put new shoes (Tires) on the TTS van. Filled her Radiator ( 1 gallon low on coolant ) Filled Her Crankcase (2 quarts low) Checked her Trans fluid (Perfect) Brake fluid (good) loaded up the couch from the neighbors across the street and drove it to the 35 miles to the halfway house at 50mph. Sheesh.

Geared low as can be she's revving hard at 55 and really wants to cruse at 45mph. Not so good on the 605 freeway at noon. Damn Semi trucks running 3 and 4 wide northbound @ 80mph. Where the hell is the CHP?? They should be writing HUGE tickets as having your big rig in the fast lane is a whopping massive ticket in this state.

That crap might be legal in Tennessee but it's not here.

:)
    Got the bloody couch unloaded and with the help of the neighbor got it wrasled into the house.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  15. 20210919_192647.jpg
    The night shot really doesn't do this mega yacht justice as it's 5 stories tall and about 200 feet long. It dwarfs anything I've seen in here before.
    20210921_145752.jpg
    The virtually new couch.
    To quote the Neighbor. It's in the living room and I don't think it was sat on more then 5 or 6 times in the last 20 years. Nobody ever went in that room.
    20210921_145837_HDR.jpg
    New shoes, Painted the rims. Clear coated the hubcaps to lock on the patina.
    Now if it just stopped worth a damn and had some road feel in the steering. It's like delayed reaction. You give it a nudge and wait 2 sec to see if that was enough to keep it in the lane.

This old school hydraulic power ram assisted manual steering box was vague road feel new from the box and age hasn't improved it at all. New shocks couldn't hurt as they have the same amount of rust as everything else under there so original equipment no doubt.

Took 2 more caps to quiet my complaining back and toking some Kief I'll soon...
    What ??
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  16. Ahahaha camping in the over taking lane is a problem everywhere. Can’t stand it. Trucks don’t adhere to the NO TRUCKS LEFT LANE
    signs every mile thru the stretch of i75 thru tampa.
    It’s always the dump trucks that always yell at me and some language I can’t understand oh when I tell them they’re not allowed to be there. Lol

I have fun pushing them out of the way with the explorer. Give me the full-size expedition and trailer on our weekly trips nobody camps in that lane, passing only when I’m on the road LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. BNW,
    How's the SUP on your back?
    Been thinking about trying it, seems like it'd be great low impact workout for some core strength, just worried about my back, which is what I need the core strength for...

Sent from my phbgf uijj tplkjn

• Like Like x 2
  18. I do my back more harm wrestling the damn boards off and on the dingy racks then I ever do actually paddling. Calves and front of my thighs are what burns the most about day 3 of SUPing but you can feel so many muscle sets at work just staying upright. :)

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  19. With just 3 weeks left before these should go in the ground to flower this fall set looks like a fail.

20210924_161320.jpg
    I threw down some Ring beans before we left and they are all up and happy faces. I'll split them up tomorrow.
    20210924_165650_HDR.jpg
    Patio
    20210924_165702.jpg
    Garage
    20210924_165714.jpg
    Between my being gone. The brutal heat, yard dirt intrusion of the sites reaching maximum entropy.
    20210924_165732.jpg
    Every dead spot is Caterpillar damage. I've dug a few clean and didn't find any active live shitters but I won't know for sure till it's been harvested and hung a day or two but that is 3 weeks off still.
    20210924_165741.jpg
    Fucking little bastards.
    DEATH from ABOVE !!!

20210924_165751.jpg

GRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    I did get a fresh bottle of BT and hit them again last week.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2