An American Dream - White Picket Fences and Marijuana in the So Cal Sun

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by BrassNwood, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Man haven’t seen that bridge since I was 8! Thanks sir!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 5
  2. Brass buffering was 12mins today..knocks all my ''channels'' out as well till its finished..even doing a like is a wait..and to leave a comment ...OMG! time to hv Chunk chk it out again methinks..the bridge..is it a replica or dissassembled and shipped over..can't remeber

• Like Like x 3
  3. That is thee bridge dismantled and brought over.
    :)
    When I was seven we started moving out to Seattle from Tampa and had my eighth birthday in Vegas saw the Hoover dam Saul London bridge Carlsbad caverns all within two weeks oh yeah and 4 corners Grand Canyon. Since then we’ve made the cross country tr3ck 4 or 5 times.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 5
  4. It's the real thing.
    Fun Facts About The London Bridge
    [​IMG]The London Bridge, 2014
    Did you know?

[​IMG]

• Kaboom! The vintage lamps on the bridge are made from the melted-down cannons of Napoleon Bonaparte's army.
    • The London Bridge is rumored to be haunted. For years, visitors have claimed sightings of a British police bobby patrolling the bridge and a woman in black roaming the night.
    • The inside of the bridge is hollow because it was rebuilt in order to accommodate auto traffic. During the London Bridge's reassembly, a steel framework was faced in granite, rather than using solid granite blocks, which reduced its weight from 130,000 tons to 30,000 tons while strengthening the structure. The London Bridge is NOT falling down!
    • The London Bridge is a movie star! It's been featured in such horror films as "Bridge Across Time, aka Terror on the London Bridge" (1985) and "Day of the Wolves" (1971).
    [​IMG]

• When dismantled in London, England, each stone of the London Bridge was numbered for reassembly in Lake Havasu City. The bridge was shipped overseas to the Port of Long Beach, California and then transported overland to Lake Havasu City, where reassembly began in 1968. If you look carefully, you can see the numbering on many of the stones.
    • Can you say guano? The London Bridge is home to hundreds of bats, which inhabit the nooks and crannies of its hollow interior.
    [​IMG]

• Also calling the London Bridge home are thousands of swallows who, on the underside of the bridge, have built their nests out of mud pellets gathered from the shoreline of the Bridgewater Channel.
    • The London Bridge has gone green! The white-yellow tints of the recently installed LED lights that line the bridge lend a vintage look, similar to the original gaslights, and the energy saving bulbs make the bridge environmentally efficient.
    • The London Bridge is known as the world's largest antique, and with the opening of the bridge in October 1971, Lake Havasu City was permanently put on the map as a world-famous attraction.
    • As the second-largest tourist attraction in Arizona, topped only by the Grand Canyon, the London Bridge continues to draw tens of thousands of sightseers to Lake Havasu City annually.
    • [​IMG]A top new sneaker release for 2018, the Concepts x New Balance Made in U.K. 991.5 "Lake Havasu" athletic shoe was inspired by the story of the London Bridge's relocation to Lake Havasu City.

BNW

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Clear your cache.

It was shipped over in numbered pieces

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Like Like x 3
  6. Yup! Its numbered alright! Also known as the world largest jigsaw puzzle.

Nice to know the back story about the T.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Not the London bridge that was falling down, that bridge was burnt in the first fire of London and was the reason the fire spread across the river!

I love all the other little facts tho lmao

• Like Like x 3
  8. Now Kent why would we want a fallen down bridge silly goose

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. I know but the...

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. 20210908_155530.jpg
    Wilted and unhappy. Stretched more then I like but it is what it is.
    20210908_155538.jpg
    I'll scrap the 2 full duds.
    Clones looked good. A few could transition from the cloner.

The hanging harvested plant got to dry (expected) and is in a sealed bucket overnight and I'll see just how dry it got. Still had some squish a bit deeper in.

The next pair of early flowered plants are done and can come down anytime now.

Got sidetracked into watering the yard and didn't snap more pictures.

BNW

• Like Like x 4
  11. so i see the idea of a GC fishing trip has been raised..hah! i distinctly rember what happened last time time frm Brass'es report cause you know i believe JAWS and MEG are out there so i sure wasn't going..first they all had to meet up erly and get toked up efore gettin on the boat..the oat was one of those grp day fishing charter types..it was funky smelled of garbage and could be smelled frm the pkrg lot..har har har..evrybdy got sick either on the boat or afterwrds..Nic was sick for a wk..i don't remeber that fish were caught..har har har..Brass does that sound rite???...ya'all go ahead though..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ya colds were caught but no fish..har har har!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ya that is purty much how it went down. LMAO.
    The spot we were catching at had the boat rolling side to side wildly and I finally went inside to where I could brace and not get tossed from rail to bulkhead and back again. People ralphing everywhere. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
    Will I go again ?? Sure why the hell not. :)
    [​IMG]
    This just never gets old......

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. ya its a gd story..almost as gd as the time GC'ers got together to sell edibles and such at the pot fair:..hint..it didn't go well..not at all..took looong time to get the full story of that debacle..however nuthin yet tops papa's fish fry debacle wit grunt gwr who thought he could rent a car in vegas wit cash no credit card! so y'all discuss it realistically maybe it can happen in 2022 is my take..

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Best to keep it simple working with a bunch of stoners.
    The meet N greet at Reds went off well enough.
    The BBQ at Sit's
    The BBQ's at Paul's before the bloody Challis cup.

The fishing trip actually wasn't that bad. I'd been on way worse half and full day puke fest boats. At least the Paul trip was a 1/4 filled boat and not the packed shoulder to shoulder ones I've done. Was easy to get to the bait tank and plenty of fresh wiggling bait.

We need to talk brother Spin into hosting another as he the most central to us. He provides the hot grill and we can all bring a dish and our meat. AKA pot luck style. Keep costs down for the host.

I'd say BYOC but there has never been a shortage of things to toke, smoke, vape, eat..
    I usually bring a mobile pharmacy myself and could cover everybody just with what resides in the car trunk in capsules and Kief.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  16. didn' Sit move cpl yrs bk?..i think the questions are should Sit location get cleared...who wants to come? when can it happen relative to who can get here?luv to see out of twners on a cali juant..thass you Heaven and Ol Man..midwest to cali on bikes? sellin beds in cali?...many scenarios

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. San berdo, Ontario, Fontana, Anywhere along there is central to both the desert dwellers and them coming in from San Gabriel / Fernando valleys. LA city proper. The beach cities.
    I think @Wavy is in Altadena now.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  18. We were suppose to be back this year... Thanks COVID for fucking that up. So no idea when we'll be making it there. I been watching people wigging out on planes and it's stressful enough without that bs.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. 20210909_142615.jpg
    Patio
    20210909_142624.jpg

20210909_142632.jpg
    Garage side

20210909_142648.jpg
    Main grow
    20210909_151800.jpg
    Bubba Gump
    20210909_165015.jpg
    Fatty
    20210909_180605.jpg
    If you look close you can see a couple way out on the end of the finger. Our neighbors waiting on us to show up for a little get-together Appetizers Cocktails, Dinner.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1