An American Dream - White Picket Fences and Marijuana in the So Cal Sun

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by BrassNwood, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Lol I think my state will be after Texas

• Like Like x 4
  2. Bible belt?

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Like Like x 4
  3. Nope, a commonwealth. It’s crazy too we have medical but I can get five for that one herm gear I grew lmao.

• Like Like x 4
  4. They’d probably give me extra time for the seeds lol

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Been tinkering with the TTS van since it's legal and I'm driving it local. Got the punched out ign lock replaced. WOOHOO no more screwdriver to start.
    Got the license plate light working but still no blinkers. Needed the test light and meter from the boat so I'll futz with that more today. They did work so it's minor I'm sure.
    1969 Ford Van.jpg
    Oiled up the side and back cargo doors and they latch easy now. I still need to pull the drivers door panel off and work on that one. Hard to open from both in and out.

Stopped at PepBoys thinking I could grab a set of Ignition Points as it is running rough. After 15 minutes the ditzy employee comes back out with "We don't have that"
    What In The FUCK !!
    I stormed out and I doubt I'll ever go back. It fits 50 years of FORD V8s. Y blocks, Small blocks, Big blocks.
    Please... You should have a case of 10 on the shelf of a widely used part like that.
    It's like finding out your local market doesn't have bread, milk, or eggs.
    What do you sell beside rear view mirror Dice ??
    [​IMG]

Wife has me doing the hubcaps with navel Jelly and it's not looking to shabby on the first one. I gave the lower half of the body a Comet bath last week and it shined up a bit.

Out of the blue the Wife says what would it take to return this to Camper status ? HuH ?? When I suggested it you called me Insane.

Well I know she's been shopping the Class B rigs and the $90,000.00 they want for a new "Van" Conversion is just staggering. BiteME.. I paid that for a house.

So....... I need to make a Junk Yard run anyhow for a spare rim. Was stolen when the Van was. Need to look over the scrapped RVs. I'd love to find a factory passengers seat and mount. Means a run to beautiful downtown Wilmington. LOL Train yards and Junk Yards for miles in all directions

It's got snaps at all the window corners already and we were eyeballing shade cloth at Lowes. Would do for a fast and dirty way to darken the inside. It's like a Fishbowl with all that glass.

Speaking of the glass. Inside was tinted then scraped off with a razor badly. Needs cleaned in & out with rubbing compound to get all the crap and water spots off.

Enough mindless rambling.

BNW

• Like Like x 6
  6. Maybe we can get her painted Uncle Rico style ;)
    0AA02DE4-6FB3-4446-BFDA-5518E0EAA339.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. The van is sweet man, im into the older vehicles myself. You can tell the parts stores are trying to phase the older stuff out so cats like me and you cant work on our own vehicles. If you ever need something you cant find, just holler. I have a remarkable ability to track things down for good prices. Paid $225 bucks for my Ford NP205 transfer case, then the ebay seller jacked them up to $500 when I told them what they were......Keywords, all about the Keywords

HT

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. i hv yet to wash the nu car or put 150mi on it yet..hvn't even been dwn the hill yet..no inclination to go anywhere but HD annd HF..groceries..just hung out and straighten up and stowed stuff onn the deck..ready to bring in ornamentals and chi chi fu fu this plac DSCN2857.JPG DSCN2861.JPG DSCN2858.JPG e up

• Like Like x 4
  9. Second generation Ford Econoline Passenger seat complete. The base is the real critical part.
    Should fit all series 68 to 74 E100, E200 ect.
    Let me look local as I'm just making a wish list for now. It's got a captains chair that wobbles like a bad Carny ride set back from where it should be. The right hand view is the B pillar.

LOL NP 205 is what is in the blue beast. Front & rear Axels, T case all from a 1975 F250 HD
    3500 lb front axel with the big hubs. Paid $600 for all of it. D shafts, T case crossmember, buncha stuffs.
    Found a bone yard willing to deal. T case needed a rebuild but I planned on that going in by the output shaft play. and the donor truck having 90K on it.

They'd already pulled the service bed so they knocked the cab off and went at the frame with a torch. Chopped the spring hangers and had it all in the bed of my truck in 15 minutes flat.

BNW

• Like Like x 5
  10. What color you gonna paint the van? I'm so into this!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Kick his ass Sea Bass !!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. More "Comet" bath time I suspect. It's faded and oxidized but I've done better with worse condition paint
    [​IMG]

Need Power. My arms are NOT up to this task.

Ripped into the drivers door latching issue. Pull the trim and sprayed PB Blaster and oil onto everything I could reach. Hot Damn it works like it should now.

Winkers is just a blown fuse they came right on when I bypassed the fuse. I'll nab a pack of them today.

[​IMG]

BNW

• Like Like x 5
  13. 20210601_075913_HDR.jpg

I brought a wee bottle of 180 proof down to the boat. It'll make for a nice Kief / Tincture. A knife tip of kief and a few drops of high test and toss it in. I need a shot glass.

Funny how I like the mouth numbing, set your oral tissues on fire, burn of high proof ethanol now more then ever considering I don't drink.

It's that 9 volt battery on the tongue thing again. :) Same quality control I use when recovering or distilling vodka to something useful. Burns the lips = good to go. As the pot climbs towards the boiling point of water I keep testing the output. The change to water is sudden and doesn't always cloud the receiver jar.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. I ain’t mad at them window dice

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  15. 20210601_095517.jpg

And it begins. LOL Best offer takes it.

BNW

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. But but we was rebuilding it to camp in!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. LOL if I get offered stupid money for it.... LOL. It's a recent enough acquisition I wouldn't feel bad about seeing it go. It's the ones I've had for 20 years or more that I find hard to part with.

BNW

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. no way paint it!! instead buff it up and thenn clay coat it to preserve the patina..take no less than 5-6k..people on YT will pay that plus shippinng easy

• Like Like x 3
  19. #6459 BrassNwood, Jun 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    Exactly. Clear coat over the rust is the current hot ticket. Shine her up and hold as is.
    1952 IHC COE.jpg
    I had this pass me coming up PCH today. 1947-52 IHC COE.
    International Harvester Corp... Cab over Engine.
    Had what looked like a fabricated truck bed only HUGE scale to match the truck. All in "Worn Paint & Rust" The way it was moving it was modern power in the 400-600 hp range. Looked virtually the same as this old puppy with a touch more black left on it.

BNW

• Like Like x 5

20. Sing it Dean !!

BNW

• Like Like x 4