An American Dream - White Picket Fences and Marijuana in the So Cal Sun

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by BrassNwood, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Seven fresh beans hit the dirt this morning after everyone else got reshuffled in the other boxes. The smaller sprouts seem lost in the 3 gal which appear larger due to foreshadowing as they're elevated above the three elders.
    IMG_20180612_082522.jpg IMG_20180612_082608.jpg IMG_20180612_082618.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. 20180613_164359.jpg
    Main grow.
    BNW

• Like Like x 5
  3. The yard is looking top notch as always bro!

Hot hot hot over here. We hit 109 today!

• Like Like x 1
  4. i've havin 141-149f temps radiating frm the deck..plnts are gettin 3 wtrngs a day..sun rise spritzes..jug sides and deck beneath them hosed at least once a day..plnts rolled out at 5am and bk into shade 1-2pm..gonna hrvst oj kush on sun..i'm changimg glow plugs on the rabbit..got #1 done and got 4# out..took4hrs and had to stop cause it just got too hot..will continue today with frsh focus..wish you were here wit your talents..maybe when its time to put the fumato valve in my oil pan i can coordinate w 000_7706.JPG 000_7704.JPG it one of your mt. runs.not a big job but i've nver done a stripped oil pan plug rethread..looks not too hrd..famous last wrds!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  5. Holy Moly @ those temps I'd be dry humping an A/C

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  6. your first yr sure ..but you get adapted to the heat pretty quick..helps havin carribean genes too. i'm pretty gd wit not using a/c that much..guy dwnstairs is marine and the gov't pays his rent and pwer bill..has a/c on 24/7 whether here or not..does lndry evry other day shootin up the wtr bill which is going to drive rent up..they're here a yr and gone..they could GAF!! when i moved in rent was $525 all units..now nu owner is cashing in..newest tennant its $650..owner says he'll stick it to marines keep my rent lo cause i'm a very gd tennant and long term

• Like Like x 4
  7. Sounds about right. Getting that allowance for quarters figured into the paycheck makes people pretty spoiled. I used to wash clothes all the time regardless of time of day. Nowadays it's only on the weekends and off peak hours lol.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Sad day on the Brass Farm.
    We had to put our beloved dog to sleep yesterday afternoon.
    A kinder soul the world will never know.
    She was a perfect lady to the end.
    Good by my dearest love.
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
  9. Awww I'm so sorry. Take care of yourselves. Always hard losing a loved one.

Sent on my pet rock using a rubber band

• Like Like x 2
  10. So sorry for your loss ..know she had a wonderful life being in your life

• Like Like x 3
  11. Sorry to hear this news Brass...
    U just gotta remember those good memories you had with her.
    A dogs life is a fleeting moment of joy and happiness, we must absorb all the energy we can from them and learn any lessons possible from them.
    The memories you made with her will never disappear and will help guide u to be a better dog owner in the future. (If u decide to get another doggo when the time is right)
    We're here for ya BNW! Peace out! -OD
    P.S. I'm the reincarnation of OrangeBoy, my other account got frozen bc i asked on some other thread if I could purchase LEGAL mmj in Michigan... (FYI you can as long as u have ur mmj card) :/
    I'll be lurkin and commenting occasionally! Happy vibes! Peace out again...

• Like Like x 2
  12. Sorry for your loss.

"Kept you waiting, huh?"

• Like Like x 1
  13. Well spoken Brass.
    Makes me wish I had known this dog.
    She must've loved the stuffing outta you.
    My condolences.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  14. Brass words can not express How Sorry I am to hear your loss of your best friend, no way to really express how I felt when I read this. other then sorrow and sadness.
    My eyes teared , I too Lost my faithful companion 2 yrs ago this Christmas. The hardest thing I had to do in a long time is when I said Goodbye.
    My heart was torn from my chest and nothing could replace the pain,(not even a handful of Brassnwoods incredible Hash Caps)
    I Miss him still everyday, it will get easier as the days pass and maybe when you are up to it a new puppy. (that's what we did).
    But the new pup will never replace the Boy we lost, just made it better,
    Again I am so sorry brother, and remember she'll be there waiting at the bridge when you arrive to play fetch the stick again,
    [​IMG]
    LOVE YA MAN
    Stiggy​

• Like Like x 3
  15. Big Brother Brass ! Lets take the boat out fer a spin . Sorry you lost your Dog I have one that If he died I would be sad. Hes like a bear looks like a brown bear but hes a dog.

Hydroponic Organic Science Stuff

16. #4956 STIGGY, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    Peace Bro

• Like Like x 3
  17. Greetings BassnWood! I was referred to your thread from a member in the So Cal Growers Unite thread. I had a question regarding IPM and was told you were THE man when it comes to IPM so I did a quick google search of "Brassnwood IPM" and the first result brought me to the Easy Organics thread where you mention your suggested IPM for outdoor growing, especially in Southern California, is neem oil, BT-k, Green Cure, and Spinosad. You also refer to some predators that take care of your other pests. I was hoping you wouldn't mind answering some straightforward questions from a fellow So Cal Grower, specifically from San Diego.

1) the post where you mention your IPM is dated from 2016. Since then there have been lists of approved pesticides for cannabis in California and Spinosad/spinosyn-A+B doesn't seem to be on that list. I think i've even seen another list that mentions traces of spinosyn will fail a pesticide test here in Cali I think. With that being said I am wondering if you would still recommend spinosad as part of IPM regime? I have used spinosad on thrips and whitefly and it works AMAZINGLY. Wondering if i should no longer apply spinosad since it doesn't seem to be an approved pesticide?

2) Should I buy predators? I have grown outdoors only once and in that cycle i received visitors from thrips, whitefly, and caterpillars. What you mentioned basically. I also got root aphids but nematodes solved them quickly for me. I saw a few lacewing eggs on my cannabis plant outdoor last cycle but never saw their actual larvae. My dad has his own garden of various and lots of other plants non-cannabis and i think this contributes to diversity in our backyard so im hoping thats a good thing. But im wondering if its worth it for me to buy some lacewing eggs or should i depend on them to naturally come? we have a quince plant in the front yard that the lacewings have laid some eggs on. So im sure lacewings are in my part of town just not sure if they will come help me with my current thrip problem on my cannabis plants. Every day ill come out and see more bite marks from thrips and ill search the plants and only find 1 thrip if any. Cant seem to find thrips on any other garden plants. I think i have a very very small presence of them at the moment and am just trying to plan out my IPM before i execute. Is it a bad idea to dish out on lacewing eggs if there are already some on our ornamental plants? any other predators you would suggest?

3) Has anything changed since 2016, regarding your IPM regime? Anything else i should consider that haven't mentioned?

Well i think that about sums up my questions. Sorry if this is an eyesore and thanks for all you do for our community. Hope to hear from you brotha. Have a great one!

18. @hakav3li
    Now it's a lot more naturalized.
    Powdery Mildew and Caterpillars are all I really battle now.
    Green Cure for the PM.
    BT for the catties.
    Mother natures keep the rest in check well enough that I don't treat for anything else. I spray weekly for the 2 trouble issues and let the rest handle it's self.
    I let a couple packs of lady bugs go each spring along with a few Praying mantis cases.
    Cure I get at the local hydro shop
    BT as Bonide Thuricide from Armstrong's Nursery.
    Low power bug zapper with the grills chopped out so I can brush it clean each morning helps keep the blasted caterpillar numbers down somewhat.
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Haka when we say spray actually we mean fog..many of us use a fogger..they cost $100 and up but are wrth their wt in gold..look up jr fogger on amazon..i hvn't had a problem in yrs since i strt'd using one regularly..my nu thing is at the end i give the plnt a dunk in h202/wtr and rinse collected residues off..not so important in SD but important here wit dust strms thru out the grw

• Like Like x 4
  20. Hey Woody,
    I hope your spirits are at least somewhat back up by now after your recent loss. My thoughts are with you and yours man.

I hope the summer is kickin for ya. I've been doing a little traveling and staying busy with work. Not sure what we're gonna do for the holiday. Most likely burn some sort of meat on the grill and just hang back. Trying to get my hands on some good fireworks this year. Not the little sparkler kind they sell in front of the grocery store neither. I told my youngest, if we ain't covering our ears and running when the wick is lit, it's not what we want . Just don't wanna have to drive all the way to New Mex just to make it happen lol.

• Like Like x 2