An American Dream - White Picket Fences and Marijuana in the So Cal Sun

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by BrassNwood, Sep 8, 2013.

1. #4561 BrassNwood, Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    Set up the still and got things under way
    20171007_093025.jpg
    Made this giant nylon worm from the 2 half gallon jars of alcohol soaked scrapes left after making all that tincture and with about 2 gallons of the hottest water I could stick my hands in I squeezed and squeezed until I was tired.
    20171007_093032.jpg
    After squeezing the worm, (damn that just sounds wrong)
    20171007_101350.jpg
    Baby Pot Still and wind house. With all that extra water to deal with I left the heat on and the lid off and the high speed fan blasting for most of the afternoon and got it down to a little under 2 inches.
    20171007_154620.jpg
    Solar light attempt to reveg. Most of my dig ups have faded like they usually do. We'll see if I can do it in place
    20171007_154626.jpg
    Another. Got new batteries for them
    20171007_161804.jpg
    Seedling row. I've almost tossed it all back in the soil pile 3 times but every time I get down to collect them up I'll find another sprout.
    20171007_163410.jpg
    Moved the Still pot inside and left the fan blowing.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  2. Damn Brass, you got that still down to a science!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks Deez. Ya I've got a good idea of what I'm doing with it now but this giant worm was a new try and I'm not quite sure just how it's gonna pan out and if I like it or not.
    Made a mess in the still kettle with gooey tar all over the insides so I'll have to expend some high proof alcohol to clean that down to transfer it out.
    Worried all that water washing brought a shit load of plant waxes and crap along with more potency but only long tern testing will really tell me that.
    I'll keep track of this round and test for potency as best I can. Maybe get the wife to test as TTS never came back from the east coast and I don't have any handy suckers to use as testers. :)
    Wife will beat me if she gets really fucked up though. OUCH dammit.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  4. Shes gonna have a hard time catching you if the dosage is too heavy so you'll get a good head start.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fished out the congealed globs of goo and poured off the rest of the fluid into the 8x8 pan and left the fan on it.
    20171008_164819.jpg
    It's a lot more mass then the usual 4 tablespoons of tar I usually get from 4 bottles of tincture.
    20171008_110125.jpg
    Decarbed the usual 30 grams in twin sets of 15 each
    20171008_113804.jpg
    3 tablespoons of oil and 1 of lecithin per
    20171008_154251.jpg
    Starting to accumulate a respectable number of caps now and I have enough ready kief to run another set of 200 caps like this.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  6. Added 4 tablespoons of Coconut oil to the well evaporated tar left after the fan ran all night. Transferred it from pan to the medium working dish.
    Decarbed another 30 grams of hash and got two more triple sets under way.
    20171009_163618.jpg
    Bubbling goo nearly escaped the dish
    20171009_165102.jpg
    Yet another breaks ground
    20171009_165116.jpg
    Seedling row
    20171009_165121.jpg
    Mid range
    20171009_165127.jpg
    Tallest
    20171009_165143.jpg
    group shot
    20171009_172239.jpg
    Todays Anaheim Hills Fire was dead up wind and I was choking on ash all day at the grow. Looked like it was snowing at times it was so bad and found plenty more ash when I got back to the boat.
    20171009_172258.jpg
    Didn't think about the slightly open hatch and yes we had ash inside to clean up. Whole harbor smells like a beach fire pit the morning after.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BNW

• Like Like x 4
  7. Holy crap that's bad. Glad your safe.

sent via my pet rock

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yea stay safe brother hope the flames don't get any closer

• Like Like x 1
  9. 20171010_165208.jpg
    Not happy with this batch of tincture extraction at all. The big worm of wet weed contaminated the batch and I'm not sure any of it is useable. Make good roadway asphalt patch.
    Did up another 400 super strength Hash Caps and topped off the first oil jar with full caps and started another. This finished up the 9 jars (250 grams) of hash I had on hand so more hash is next.
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
  10. if i understand right that means the nu worm drive hashmaster is a fail and bk to the drawing board

11. i'm finding that the 12 gal jugs are perfect for the desert grwng..pricy at $25 ea and another $20 for the whls they roll on..perfect amount of soil for the short thick bushy plnts i grow though..this last run is really superior bud 000_6787.JPG 000_6785.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  12. [​IMG]
    This worm Doc.
    Was an attempt to get that last 750 ml of alcohol back but it was a huge fail as all it brought in was a shitload of tar
    Gonna toss this whole round of RSO and go back to what I know works.
    The stuff on the paper is smokable I suppose as it's just alcohol and water extraction. Stuff in the dish had coconut oil added and should be eaten but it's also mostly heavy tar and burnt debris. Nothing much like my usual RSO. This is far more burned varnish smelling. Smells like the boiled linseed oil my long ago boss used to coat his wooden ladders with every year.
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
  13. [​IMG] Curing is a real pain the butt :)

Hydroponic Organic Science Stuff

• Like Like x 1
  14. Damn them Cali fires are super bad this year and it sounds like EVERYBODY is getting hit with the effects. I saw on IG that Subcool and Jill got hit hard. Someone started a go fund me page for them and that touched off a debate over wether they really need donations after their company has allegedly made so much money. I saw my way outta the convo once all the silliness began.

People just wanna fight these days. I hope the cabin is holding up good Brass!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Since I fatigued and snapped the Hashmaster adaptor I had to get off the dime and repair the old one.
    20171011_121901.jpg 20171011_121907.jpg 20171011_121920.jpg
    Didn't finish in time to run it so tomorrow early I'll get over to the ice house.
    BNW

• Like Like x 5
  16. As Sessions is pushing for the negation of State's Rights in regards to Cannabis, I feel that those who have legally participated in the programs are at greatest risk of yet another "coming storm". Nature's catastrophic events aren't the only challenge facing our brothers and sisters here. I wish there was a way to build a class action suit to hinder the heavy hand of Federal overreach; perhaps there are members of our community with some legal background who could explore options for their defense.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Putting the 21 year old California cannabis baby back is like stuffing a 21 yr old human back where it came from. NOT gonna happen.
    Handcuff sessions to me and take me off my Cannabis meds and see how long we both live.
    :)
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
  18. And that's the exact reason why most won't just comply with the laws and become legal cannabis consumers. There's always that threat that our rights will get snatched out from under us. Most folks are afraid that if laws get repealed or amended, then those who are on medical record might be left exposed. Yeah theres patient confidentiality...but the opposition doesn't play fair to say the least.

Legalization deals a major blow to the private prison industry all across the country along with all it's corrupt and greedy backers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Haha! I love that song. Comes on my play list at least once day while I'm listening.

I swear so many documentaries are published from such a biased perspective with law enforcement actually looking like the good guys. I see it as subliminal messaging to the masses because they know they're just about done. Gotta keep that job security...even if it means destroying lives in the process.

Btw, I just read an article that says PG&E power lines are being linked to some of the fires. Wth??

• Like Like x 3