An American Dream - White Picket Fences and Marijuana in the So Cal Sun

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by BrassNwood, Sep 8, 2013.

1. turns out my bldg got sold..the old owner has offered to extend my lease for another 6 mos to a yr at my current rate..one and a half yrs is a deal especially with nu owner..might be able to get simple improvements..i'm takin the deal..gotta do a inspection in july idk when yet..my garden had hrd time with 100 plus temps but its coolin off and they're takin to trnsplnts..bought another foam container and two more totes to expand hydro..got thermal liners for jugs..they were in the foam container..big score..frankensteined one plnt frm soil to hydro 000_6283.JPG 000_6282.JPG 000_6281.JPG 000_6284.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  2. That's not a bad deal Doc.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  3. Finally enough hot days down here near the beach to pull the plants out of the blasted slump they've been in since the first of June when they got set out.
    Try and get some shots in da AM.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  4. Happy 4th Brass! Enjoy the holiday man.

5. 000_6309.JPG did bondage on all the veggrs except the dwarf..got veggrs in cool alcove aftr morn sun gets hot so they don't burn..hydros and bloomers have no problem with the heat seems like 000_6319.JPG 000_6311.JPG 000_6315.JPG 000_6316.JPG 000_6317.JPG 000_6318.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  6. Time for a large update.
    20170704_161609.jpg
    Big SIPs moved to the west side of the patio for the 2 months of peak elevation for the sun. They are to shaded on the south edge.
    20170704_161621.jpg
    Buncha new kids on the block are short enough to be on the south edge I fired when I knew things were stalled so badly
    20170704_161633.jpg
    Smaller SIPs got moved to the east side
    20170704_161645.jpg
    Far 40 back corner
    20170704_161702.jpg
    More newbees around the fountain. Hopefully I get a raft of 2 footers off the potted ones and help make up what is looking to be a less then ideal season.
    20170704_161711.jpg
    Main grow. One good 8 foot tall plant in the Transite ring half under the Meyer Lemon tree. Another that finally boosted up a bit but the rest are puny little dwarfs
    20170704_161721.jpg
    More Dwarfs against the garage. One has woken up and put on some height in the last week.

BNW

• Like Like x 5
  7. Man that's gotta be a nice yard to sit and chill in.

sent via my pet rock

• Like Like x 4
  8. Lookin good brass. Thanks for sharing the knowledge on the hash caps, this is some real medication! Ill take some pics of my current grow next time i visit the grove. Each grow is getting better and better! Thanks so much for the advice you gave me way back when, i never expected anyone to help me out and it was awesome having you point me in the right direction. Thanks a bunch again, happy toking! - Orangeboy

• Like Like x 1
  9. @orangeboy
    Excellent hearing from you my friend. Don't hesitate to post away on the thread.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  10. Got the yard looking most excellent as usual bro! Always a perpetual ganja paradise.

I hope you had a good holiday! Cloudy out this way today. Would be nice to get a few rain drops...but I know better...lol!

Have a good one Brass.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Stuff
    20170707_173856.jpg
    New seedlings
    20170707_173904.jpg
    and
    20170707_173930.jpg
    And
    20170707_173940.jpg
    Garden side dwarfs
    20170707_174021.jpg
    The transite ring rocks with an 8 footer.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ewww weee someones got them a monster going. I snickered at the stuff. I'm always jelly of your garden. Just keeping it real.

sent via my pet rock

• Like Like x 1
  13. Any reason you dont use a trellis or cage em up? Ive noticed you dont seem to use either, and i know you have a bit of experience under your belt. I think ill have an 8 footer on my hands as well this year. Ill be going out to the groves this week to check up on the ladies. OB out, peace

14. My turn to answer for Brass (hehe), because his ladies have a spine! Actually he does use tomato rings; most perspective shots are far away and this detail is hard to spot.

• Like Like x 3
  15. @orangeboy
    It's rare I get one that big that it needs a big cage for. Everything has a tomato cage at set out usually sized for the expected finished size of the plants.
    Works well enough for 3 sets per year it's only summer that they get huge. I'll drive a 10ft piece of 3/4 pipe next to her and start wrapping her in brick cord more then likely as that's my usual routine on a big one like that.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  16. @Heavn Always nice to have you post my dear.
    BNW

@The Gorn
    Thanks for chipping in on that detail.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rofl, love that response @The Gorn , Do you put the stake in when you put em in? Or do you drive it when when you think you need it? Just asking because i cringe whenever i disturb that rootball. Even though they sometimes like it rough i find it to be a hard pill to swallow. Unlike these hash caps lmao, gonna have to whip up my second batch here soon!

18. @orangeboy
    Drive it in with a short handled sledge like killing a vampire. LMAO
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  19. ooooowwweee, looks like ill be slaying some vampires here soon Brass. Ive figured out how to upload some pics finally, when i get the chance Ill post a pic of one of my ladies i got a few weeks ago. I got the seeds from an irreputable breeder off the dark web lmao i got 30 feminized seeds for 100 bucks cant beat that, but ik shes a female an she sure is lookin purty. By the way i left off my last journal asking a question about composting, then i sorta just started lurking. Reason for that is i got so into depth with this whole compost thing researching and gardening, that my whole growing mentality has changed. I started a worm bin and an experimental hugelkulture container for some of my tomatoes. We'll see how my soil mix comes out this harvest, with this composting fling, im hoping its going to be for the positive.
    Brass, or anyone else there who sees this, whats your opinion on hugelkutlure with cannabis? Im going to need a larger container than im using right now, but my tomatoes seem to love it, they got huge and provided me with a bountiful harvest, plus i only had to water them twice a week, very minimally.

20. [​IMG]
    The ladies a week ago! Pics werent taken very well, the 'squitos were ravaging me.
    One more![​IMG]
    Thats the "pink kush x sativa" going to start watering with some organic blackstrap mollases and neem meel to see if that helps ward off ants. Going to start bringing her branches out of the cage, and ill get her a nice spine!

• Like Like x 1