Amtrak Security

Discussion in 'General' started by Diogenes, Jan 13, 2009.

1. My friend is finishing up my winter break here at home in Northern VA and he's taking an Amtrak train back to his college which is also in Virginia. He's trying to bring back some green, about an ounce, with him back to college as prices are lower here. Has anybody had any experience with smuggling buds on a train that doesn't cross state lines? What's Amtrak's security like for these trips? Is this a bad idea? Any advice would be great :)

2. Yeah well you pretty much fucked yourself if cops are reading this :rolleyes:

3. The security is nothing on Amtrak. I have carried a lot more than an ounce from NoVa to Florida. just don't check your bags and don't carry anything metal that could trip a detector and you will be fine. Oh yeah, make sure it doesn't stink. hahaha

4. That's good to hear yo. Did you do this before or after Amtrak beefed up security to involve the random bag screenings I've read about after 9/11?

5. its fine u get on the damn train they dont give a shit about u if u show them a ticket i mean come on this is like asking about the security on a bus..... you dont walk thru drug sniffing dogs or some crazy shit like ppl seem to think

6. #6 Isaid'Ello, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2009

I have been doing it on Amtrak for about 7 years. I went just before x-mas with 9 ounces and no problems. What area of NoVa are you in (as in county. Not being too nosey)?

7. you will be fine,

take odor precautions and stow it away safely

speaking from experience

8. ive taken shit on amtrack it aint nobig deal at all...neither is grand central

9. OP here. I decided against bringing some with me, and it's a good thing. The moment I entered the waiting area at the station, a police dog came up and sniffed the shit out of my bag! Looks like my intuition was right haha

10. i took the amtrak with back from maine and brought an oz back, no problem.
    just put it in a boot or something. or socks...HIDE IT WELL just in case...:)

11. Ive take Amtrak a lot with weed, theirs no problem with security just make sure it don't stink. Their

are some police dogs at big train stations, but I think their bomb sniffing dogs, either way dont

matter cause i've walked right passed them before an they didn't bark or anything. You should be

fine. Stay High.:smoke: