Amsterdam

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by mvp4u, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Hey I'm living in Berlin. I don't know much about the weed situation here as I just recently moved here. But from what I hear it's pretty tolerated here and risk-free, as long as you keep it cool of course. But I hope they don't go through with any bans in Amsterdam, a couple friends of mine and I want to take a trip over there soon!

2. It won't happen soon.

3. im in Belgium now, not a Belgian but live there. Went to Maastricht the other day to pick up a bit and got given a flyer in slow motion coffeshop saying that as of October 1st only Dutch, Belgian and German residents can buy in the city. All other countries can get lost. However, they also told me, a frenchy or Spaniard can go to another dutch city to buy, just not maastricht cos too many cars and trouble. Another guy i spoke to claimed the weed pass wont come into effect in most cities, especially Amsterdam but there will be tighter controls imposed.

4. I have a reservation for hotel ben in amsterdam for this year's cannabis cup in november. I live in america and was wondering if i should still come or cancel my reservations. The only reason i am coming is because amsterdam's leniency of the herb. Do you think amsterdam will be affected by this for the 2011 cannabis cup?

5. At this moment who can say is the best answer. People claim that the law won't be applied in Amsterdam as it will be left up to the cities to implement as they see fit.

This is the law by the way that hasn't yet been past or even defined, so to place all your eggs on that hope is probably a little rash.

Secondly most of Europe has moved conservative in government, which compared to the US of A are still far left. Sorry I digress, so The Netherlands has moved right as well, a good old clamp down on drugs may be what the white, middle class, immigration scared, moral going electorate will buy in these global recession scare fuelled times.

At the end of the day, many people can surmise, advise and offer opinions on the subject, but until the higher court rules who knows?

6. Definately no problem this november.

7. Just go to the one in San fransico. it would be alot cheaper an you wouldn't have to deal with all the wired Europeans.

8. Wouldn't you need a mmj card?

9. Yea. It fucking awesome there. It all local music all your friends. 10 ft long party valcano bags being passed around. Oz joints. It was nuts.

10. was that at the cannabis cup in amsterdam? sounds nice :)

11. No was the one in SF. It was awsome. Fuck flying all the way over there when they don't want your there any ways. They want to keep it a local thing an not have the tourist. Go to sf way better

12. Thats what I'm saying. Whats the deal in S.F. They don't have legal coffee shops. I know Cali has a lot of Medical weed and overall weed hanging around. But is S.F. any different ?

13. If u have your med card it just like amsterdam. There is ocsterdam. It like 8 blocks of weed. Doctors, clubs, coffee shops, grow where house. Yes where-houses full of plants. There is even
    A university that teaches you all you need to know weed.

14. I've never been to the cannabis cup but Amsterdam generally welcomes tourists.

15. I thought it was suppose to take effect this summer. If it does I don't see it lasting, they care too much about money.