Amsterdam.

Discussion in 'General' started by el marno, Jan 7, 2013.

1. I went out a couple of months back and can't stop thinking about it. That place is unreal. No bullshit, everything's so upfront and that's a fucking relief.

I'm looking at going out to try and find work. I'm wondering if anyone's done this before and have any tips on what people look for?

Preferably working in a coffee shop, or looking in to the actual growing side of things, but I'm not fussy. Just anything to get me started.

2. I'm going this summer while backpacking and I'm really looking forward to it.

3. Well I'm looking at renting an apartment when I'm there. I'll be on here when I'm out so keep in touch. It's be good to have a smoke with some new people.

4. Definitely, I'll be in Florence the second week of June. I'm probably heading over to Amsterdam right after, but I may spend some time in Dubrovnic first. Regardless, we should hang out when I'm there, that'd be tight.

5. You won't be able to work in a coffeeshop.. forget it, it's a multimillion business and its easy to hold money back so they only hire family, or people who supply the coffeeshop with weed so they have legal income. If you don't speak dutch you only have a chance working at a callcenter without any experience or an IT job if you have a degree for that.

6. So how is it that a number of people from the uk work in the coffee shops there? If it's expat run then how did they get the opportunity? I can speak a little Dutch, and I've worked in customer service jobs as long as I could work, including call centres.

I appreciate the input but I don't see the point in purely giving up because of what you've said. Persistence and hard work pays off y'know.

7. Sweet. I think I'm going to Paris for a bit before, but spending most of my time in Amsterdam. Like I said man keep in touch.