Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Amsterdam vacation questions

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by soheye, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Hey, I'm a newbie with a few questions. I plan on taking my girlfriend on a vacation, because we are both smokers. We are looking to go to a place where we can freely go into a shop and buy some bud. We plan to go sometime in 2013. My questions are listed below.

1) Does amsterdam require a weedpass?...or can we just go there and freely buy some bud and edibles

2) If anyone can recommend the name of some hotels in amsterdam that are close to some good smoke shops.

Random question: At this given time, is it possible to travel to colorado and buy bud for recreational purposes at some dispensaries

Thanks in advace. Any and all advice will be appreciated :)

2. Amsterdam does not require a weed pass :)

3. be careful of tourist traps

4. Amsterdam is completely legal (you can only buy in coffee shops I think, please correct me if I'm wrong though). Amendment 64 hasn't passed in Colorado as of yet, but Initiative 502 has passed in Washington. It's completely legal in the Evergreen State.

5. Don't quote me on this but this is what iv heard.

I heard they passed a law in Amsterdam requiring 2 things to smoke and that'd be a year citazinship to holland and a pass to the coffee shops.

Not sure how true this is because If it's true, well holland just lost a shit ton of money from tourists.

6. [quote name='"senta420"']Don't quote me on this but this is what iv heard.

I heard they passed a law in Amsterdam requiring 2 things to smoke and that'd be a year citazinship to holland and a pass to the coffee shops.

Not sure how true this is because If it's true, well holland just lost a shit ton of money from tourists.[/quote]

That law never went through

7. Fact Burn? I thought Amsterdam has gotten boring for travellers!

8. yh its true, they scrapped that proposal.

9. Great..:)

10. Tourist traps?...Can you give me some examples?

11. Wow, its completely legal in Washington?..I know its legal for recreational purposes, but thats all I knew before. I was wondering if I can buy it freely in their coffee shops?...If so, we may go there as well.

12. It's going to take a while for everything to get settled there. They still need to plan and build dispensaries and what not so may take a while.

13. [quote name='"nonfiction"']Fact Burn? I thought Amsterdam has gotten boring for travellers![/quote]

The law never went through, but they still don't like selling to tourists. A lot of places will reject you, or skimp you hella if they know your not local. My buddy stayed there for a few months and found this out quick. You need to blend it so he told me you gota get an authentic European jacket/windbreaker ($200+) and other clothing. Then stuff started going more smoothly for him.

14. hahaha good to know! thanks!

15. For sure, it was funny when he told me cuz he talked about a 200$+ jacket like it was nothing haha I was like uhhhhh I don't own any clothing that's that expensive and you talking about dropping 200 like its nothing haha