Amsterdam Trip

Discussion in 'General' started by Smokey_J, Jul 21, 2014.

1. I have booked a Trip to Amsterdam for a few days this year. 

Basically, I am wanting to know if any of you have been and where the best places to go are?

Obviously I am talking about the CoffeeShops. As it is the first time I will have been, are there any rules/etiquette to follow?

It will be good to be able to just chill out without always having to watch my back! 

So yeah, any tips on where to go/any advice at all would be much appreciated. 

Peace. 

2. Hey How's it going.

I am leaving on a trip to Europe this Friday, and will be in Amsterdam in about 9 days... I am staying at the Bulldog Hostel in a private room with my girlfriend...Last time I was in Amsterdam I stayed at the Flying Pig in a private room and had a blast...As far as etiquette goes, just be polite and if you go in a coffee shop and are planning on smoking weed you bought elsewhere, make sure to at least buy a drink or snack...Also just don't be loud and obnoxious and you will be just fine.
    As far as coffee shops to go to, this site has a great listing of them: http://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/Map.html 

On my list for my trip are Amnesia (The Amnesia Haze is BOMB), Abraxas, Dampkring, Hill Street Blues (supposed to have cannabis pound cake), Grasshopper, Barneys and Grey Area...Also make sure you eat stroopwaffel, it is delicious.

3. #3 Lenny., Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
    I've been to Amsterdam and everywhere you want to go will be within walking distance. But be careful, what you might think are sidewalks (due to the vast amount of pedestrians) are also roads and people drive through them, albeit very politiely. This could be said for lots of Europe.

The red light district has everything youd want in regards to greenery, clubs, sex shops, live sex theaters, etc. I don't have any specific recommendations but everything is so conveniently located I would just say walk around and go somewhere that looks good. They will have dudes trying to persuade you to come in the theatres and shit, it's pretty funny to watch their tactics.

Another thing I did and I would recommend is get a tour on the canal. You can ride past downtown and last Anne frank's hideout.(there's long ass lines, seeing it is enough for me). Seeing all the houseboats is tight too. I can try to find pics I took if anyone's interested.

I'd recommend the Van Gogh museum also.

As for etiquette? Just treat it as a club you go to that allows smoking. There's likely to be loud music playing. Just act normal.

I've been to several countries and Dutch people are the nicest I've seen by a long shot. As I rode a boat in the canals people on their front porches would wave at us like they knew us. Also two drunk guys on a small fishing boat mooned us and that was fun. Also they are well versed in English. You need help with directions or anything? They'll be happy to assist.

4. Yeah I'd love to see some pictures if you have any?

Thanks for the responses. I'm only going for a few days. As I'm from the uk, it takes me 1hour 45 mins. Super excited! First time for everything. I want to do it all. Apart from the paying for sex. I will be with my girlfriend so will get it for free... Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Best place ever you will both have a great time. I could show you thousands of pictures because I couldn't stop admiring the place. Don't worry about which place is the best to go to, they're all coffeeshops and shits legal(ish), worry more about how many you can visit!

We stayed in a really modern houseboat which was lush. Go to the zoo if you're into that kinda thing, I loved it.
    Anyhoo some pics...

Attached Files:

Brilliant, thanks for the pictures! 

It looks absolutely amazing. I'm thinking that this could be a regular thing.

What are the prices like out there? Is it reasonable or quite expensive. Not just the weed. But in general?

Again thanks for the pictures. It looks a beautiful place. 

7. Be prepared to spend some money because the weed is a bit pricey. In Amsterdam when I went I just decided to go to the neighboring Paris because prices were much cheaper and it's a 5 hour drive from Amsterdam

8. #8 RoyalPurpleKush, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
    Since I only live 2 hours from Amsterdam I regularly visit the city from time to time. Coffeeshops definitely worth a visit are : The Bulldog, Mellow Yellow Lounge, Green House and Kadinsky

Always be on the look out for amazing spots to light a joint as there are many to choose from, I prefer taking a sit at the water.

Another thing people don't know is that smoking your joints on the street does get tolerated as long as it doesn't cause nuisance

Some coffeeshops don't allow cigarette's to be smoked in their lounge, so always ask if it's allowed before lighting a cig

9. Stay by the square is a good place to be and venture behind mcdonalds theres loads of shops, coffee shops and gift shops.

I have been twice and my advice is take 200 euros more than what youre taking, you will need it. Im trying to get over there for November when the cup is on but I cant find anybody else up for it, man I know some boring people.
    Any blades up for going in November.

10. Probably, what day is the cup ?

11. 23rd to the 27th of November, I think its from sunday to thursday.

It would be a great trip if loads of GC members could make it.

12. I'll be attending I guess, I should bring some friends haha

13. Nice one mate, I probably make a thread closer to the time to try and get some members to come, hopefully a good few of us will make it.

14. Yea you should, but I guess people would rather find the time during summer than any other period to visit the city

15. Maybe youre right but the cup is a special occasion which is why im not going in the summer, I would rather wait and go a bit later so im there when the cup is on.
    I have wanted to go to the cannabis cup for so many years now but just never got off my ass and do it so this year im going.

16. Oh how is love to attend!! Sadly I have no more holidays from work until December when I will be heading over to the States!!

How did you guys find the edibles in Amsterdam? I've never had any. Only smoked it and I am keen to try. What sort of high do you get?

17. I never had edibles when I went, I don't quite know why tbh, my wife and sister did and they got properly messed up.
    So I would say they're pretty good.

18. From what I remember, the prices for bud ranged from about 8-15 Euros per gram depending on quality, occasionally a little more...And Hash runs from about 10 - 60 Euros a gram...I really wanna know how good that hash is for 60 Euros!

19. 14.jpg 4.jpg 24.jpg 35.jpg 12.jpg

25th Cannabis cup was an experience of a lifetime. We did the complete coffeeshop crawl,all 31 participating shops and bought the entries to the cup flower and hash or the judges specials :)
    ,first day was a slow start,4 shops.The next two days we did 20 shops. The free shuttle bus from downtown to the venue was a trip in itself blazin tunes bouncin..

the shops already mentioned would be my choices as well to try. Greenhouse was one of my favs. Oh advice.. when/if you go to Barney's get your gear and head across the street to their bar,unless you like standing room only atmosphere to blaze in.
    No that's not a napkin holder on the table, that's the kingsize paper that your 20 euro/ gr conveniently fits into.Add a mandatory drink if you sit at the shop and you just puffed away 30 bucks US. ya they know what's up..

spent an average of 40 euros at each spot.  highest we paid was for some wax from Denmark 60 euros 1/2 gr..ya we were high...