Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Amsterdam trip, advice needed!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by HollowedHero, May 28, 2008.

1. Okay, so my girlfriend, a buddy of mine, and I are going to Amsterdam mid june and staying for ten days. I have looked into tons of information and know all the reputable coffee shops and whatnot. My question to all of you is what strains should I try out?

I'm a pretty regular smoker, and have smoked lots of headies, but nothing like the quality I will find there. Some strains I would love to try are Bubblegum, Northern Lights, White Widow (which I think is overrated sometimes), Jack Herer, and Super Silver Haze.

I'll also be sure to check out the hash, space cake, and the mushrooms. Many people think mushrooms have been banned in the Netherlands, but this is true only in their dry form. They are still legal fresh, though lately there has been much controversy over their sale in any form due to tourist deaths in the past year or two. I will probably try the colombians, which give a medium/high strength trip. I don't wanna take the hawaiians and freak out...

Anyway, any suggestions of places I should definitely go, strains I should try, and what I can do to just have a blast?

Thanks everyone!

2. When you see the menus you're gonna see alot of strains you may never heard of that will be at the top of the menus. Try that stuff too, or you can just ask them to look at the strain and they just whip out container full of nugs and they dont mind discussing them. Definetly get some french fries (with LOADS of dutch mayonase(sp)) and rent a bike. Oh and drink alot.

3. i was talkin to a mate today who said when he was over there he loved bubblegum the most, said it was a hell happy laughy high .... hope to get over there soon as i finish uni ..... have fun dude.

4. "Ill take the most expensive thing on the menu please"

5. You lucky bastard, haha. I hear great things about Super Silver Haze, though I've never tried it myself. Jack Herer is absolutely fantastic, and I agree with your White Widow statement.

I have a friend who's staying in Germany for a few months, but has to leave since he isn't a permanent resident. He's going to stay with his uncle in 'Dam until he gets his residency papers. He says his favorite strain there is Super Silver Haze.

Remember... LOTS OF PICS! Gotta share with the blades who can't afford the trip!

6. thanks guys! i'll definitely take loads of pics and share the best ones, though i am not going to amsterdam until june 16, and coming back june 26. right now i'm in spain with my girlfriend (she lives here, she's spanish) and luckily we got tickets to amsterdam for only 86 euros each (around $130) and my friend who's gonna meet us is in the states so he's got a longer, more expensive flight. i'll have my laptop with me on the trip so i'll kinda keep a log, and have smoke reports.

7. if you dont mind me askin where did you get your tickets so cheap. I was thinkin about takin a trip to amsterdam in a few months but need cheap airline tickets. I live in san diego,california.

8. Your in the worst state for cheap Amsterdam tickets haha. Expect to pay royalties.

9. u may have read this already but i hear that there are many (seasoned tokers) disappointed by the bud in amsterdam bc the bud is often harvested early or not properly cured bc some coffee shop owners are more interested in profit than good bud

i would personally do some extra research to see which ones really offer the best stuff and also i hear that a since a lot of the hash is imported, they dont know exactly whats in the hash and that the black ones have been proved to be cut with opium on occasion

10. I've heard that too. It seems to be over hyped...but then again it is the motherland of bud..
    DEF check out their hash. OMG, to die for.

11. ask the people there what they suggest for some good strains...just buy a gram of everything they say

12. If u know the reputable shops u'r pretty much set, all their strains are quite decent. Avoid shady shops, the quality will be poor.
    I have to recomend G-13 haze, crimea bleu, and chocolope from Barneys. Basically evrything at barneys is superb. Definatly try some Ny diesel, super silver haze and nepal hash and iceolator from the greenhouse. Make sure u go to the grey area too, lovely shop and superb quality.

I'd strongly advise u to check the threads in my sig, there are tons off pictures strain reports and so on from various Amsterdam visits.

13. krowned, the reason my tickets were so cheap is because i am in spain, and amsterdam is like 1 hour away in plane.

sambo5472, thanks so much! your info really helped. all the shops you mentioned were on my list (i got the list from the internet, 20 best coffeeshops in amsterdam) the only problem will be finding them. i'll of course get a map, which will make things easier. though, you may be able to answer this question: what is the closest reputable coffee shop to the central station, as i will be coming from there to go to my hotel, and would love to pick up some buds on the way!

btw, all your pics look delicious! i am more of a sativa fan, so i'll be trying some super silver haze definitely, but i also love hybrids and the occasional indica, so i'll definitely try some northern lights. thanks again!

14. If you can get around to a legit menu, where the strains are actually what they are, I highly recommend smoking Apollo. Apollo is some good ass shit, my first grow consisted of 2 plants of nice Apollo. Also, AK-47 and White Russian are worth trying out, as well as your northern lights.

15. Thanks man,

Closest to central station, i'd say the kadinsky coffeeshop it's in an alley to the side off damrak. Damrak is the street wich leads u directly from the statio to the dam (big open square with a palace and stuff). It's a very small alley and it's a very small shop but it's quite cheap and quite decent quality.

U could also go to the grasshopper wich can be seen from damrak but i would advise against it as the prices are very steep and the quality is only so so.
    U'r best move might be to walk over the dam to your left in the direction off the red light district were there is a greenhouse shop at ouderzijdse voorbrugwal.
    Or u could go to barneys breakfast bar wich is at Haarlemmerstraat but it's not on the way to the cetre off town.
    If u can tell me in wich street u'r hotel is i might be able to give u directions to a nice shop wich is more or less on u'r way.

To make my explanations more understandable i've added a map.

Edit: i forgot to mention, don't forget to try special kinds off hash like ice-o-lator. The price is steep but the ice-o-lator from greenhouse was without a doubt the best hash i have ever smoked.

Attached Files:

16. I have spent alot of time there, you will LOVE it.

Go to Barneys for breakfast and a fatty. They had true NYC Diesel.

The Grey Area rocks, they are exclusive with DNA genetics. Canalope haze and LA Con.

Go to the Outback for the best kangaroo steak on the planet. No, this is not the American Outback restaurants.

Don't go to strip clubs. 15 Euro for a Jack and Coke.

Stay away from "charlie"

17. White russian, is Ak47+White Widow - why try either of those? If you're planning on smoking white russian, save your money, and go with a different strand besides ak.. Might be disappointing.

18. Heh, son... maybe you've smoked ak-47, maybe you've smoked White Widow. Hell, maybe you've smoked some White Russian. When you combine strands you get something way different, nothing like what they came from. So White Russian is the shit, since AK-47 and White Widow are both excellent choices. So Farix, try smoking some true herb if you can muster it:wave:

19. For the most part, you can't go wrong with ANY weed over there. You'll come across some that maybe weren't cured as long as they were supposed to but even still, it's good shit. Even the "bad" weed is good. You'll be there for 10 days, you should be able to have hit most of the shops in the first 3-4 days, and by then you'll have found a few strains that you want to keep buying. It's hard to do research on the most potent shit because it changes so frequently. What people suggest today might not be there on the 16th. I did a lot of research like that before my trip just to find out a lot of places didn't carry it anymore. The most disappointing of these all was not getting bluecheese from bluebird. Really wanted to try that.

Also, you usually get what you pay for. The more expensive shit is usually better. Like someone said before, just ask to see the product.

oh and thanks, not you got me wanting to go back to the dam. :mad: :smoking:

20. haha im actually going to be in amsterdam from the 21st to the 26th. who knows, maybe ill see you in the coffeeshops but we will never know if the other person is a grass city citizen. plus, im 18 so you probably dont want to see teenagers there