Amsterdam travel info needed.

Discussion in 'General' started by jcookee, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Does anyone have any info on traveling from the us to amsterdam other then threw expedia. I'd rather stay at hostels. Every hotel+flight package ive seen was over $2000.
    Any one thats been there remember how much there trip ended up costing them?

2. #2 Leapfrog, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2009
    Dude you will run in to problems going there on a budget...the bad US$- Euro exchange rate is gonna kill you...

The deal is not just going there...but also maintaining your stay i.e. food, accommodation, rides, places to go, things to do...

I have lived there...it ain't gonna be cheap I can assure you that!

3. Try to budget at least $2000 for everything for a week (flight, food, weed, beverages, etc)

4. uhhh what? You checked out the Euro exchange rate lately?

[SIZE=+1]1 U.S. dollar = 0.793273045 Euros[/SIZE]

Now is the best to go in the last few years. I went last summer and we were getting half a Euro for every dollar

5. That's just TOO FUNNY! :laughing:

Since your above conversation is about accurate (RIGHT now THIS MINUTE IT IS 1 EUR = 1.26368 USD...how many US$ do you have to PAY to BUY EURO?

100Euros WILL COST YOU 126US$ my friend...

So you have to spend 26% MORE to get an equal amount of currency...

Just in case you don't believe me: http://www.xe.com/ucc/

6. read my entire post including the last sentence. I know you still get less than 1 Euro for 1 dollar, but it's been like that for a LONG time. But up until now, the exchange rate was 1 dollar to .5 or .6 Euro's, which was HORRIBLE. I was there just this summer and that was the rate. So compared to what it was and usually is, the exchange rate is much better now than years ago. I don't remember the last time the dollar was worth more than then the Euro, maybe 10 years ago?

7. OK so in other words you are advising a kid who already seems to be on a small budget to travel to a country where he is going to lose 26% of the value of our currency just because the exchange rate is better now than it was so-and-so long ago!?

He can buy a whole pound or more of weed over here in the US for the money he would spend in a week over there...

8. Just wait a few months and road-trip to CA :) (assuming the bill will pass)