Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

~ Amsterdam tomorrow ~

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ImSoLicked, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Real excited, staying at the globe hostel, anyone been there? Know any notable shops or sights?

Any advice in general would help, but I made this thread to ask, what's the deal with smoking out of coffee shops? Are you allowed to spark up on the street? In front of police? Also, Is there a limit to what you can carry?

I know I can search all this on google, but I'm sure the people of GC can help more, offer their own experience and such.

As a sub question, may I ask personal favorites? Shops/strains, looking to get the most out of my three days there :)

Thanks.

2. My girlfriend and I also stayed at the Globe Hostel during our trip to Amsterdam. The hostel itself wasn't that bad considering the fact that we were in the 22 bed room. The washrooms were super clean so that was a plus. There's also a smoking room in the bar area. As far as smoking out of coffee shops, we rolled a spliff and smoked it while walking around the streets and it was fine. Make sure to hit up Hill Street Blues. It's near the hostel in one of the alley ways. I'm sure if you ask someone, they'll know right away. Also, there's a coffee shop right in front of the hostel called Feel Good Cafe and that's the one we started off with. It was nice and quiet and not too busy unlike most coffee shops in the Red Light District. You're gonna have a blast there man.

3. I heard there's a new law that says you have to be a resident to buy from coffee shops now, though I could be wrong.

4. [quote name='"jasonleee"']My girlfriend and I also stayed at the Globe Hostel during our trip to Amsterdam. The hostel itself wasn't that bad considering the fact that we were in the 22 bed room. The washrooms were super clean so that was a plus. There's also a smoking room in the bar area. As far as smoking out of coffee shops, we rolled a spliff and smoked it while walking around the streets and it was fine. Make sure to hit up Hill Street Blues. It's near the hostel in one of the alley ways. I'm sure if you ask someone, they'll know right away. Also, there's a coffee shop right in front of the hostel called Feel Good Cafe and that's the one we started off with. It was nice and quiet and not too busy unlike most coffee shops in the Red Light District. You're gonna have a blast there man.[/quote]

Thanks, I'm in the 22 room too. Nice to know the hostel isn't just a dirty room with beds lol, we'll enjoy the bar :)

We'll defo hit up Hill street blues, been recommended twice now lol, and we'll check out the feel good cafe, I've heard a lot of shops get too crowded, so it should be nice to find a quieter one. I'll make sure to smoke a joint for you :p

[quote name='"GabbaGabbaHey"']I heard there's a new law that says you have to be a resident to buy from coffee shops now, though I could be wrong.[/quote]
    that comes into effect in January, but apparently coffee shop owners are still going to serve tourists.

Another question I forgot: what's the policy of smoking tobacco joints? I know a lot of people on here think it's horrible and such, but in the uk it's really the only way we smoke.

5. Smoke on the streets if you want but dont make it obvious ie infront of kids and family's.

Smoke tobacco if you want some shops will ask you to keep your cigg box out of sight but thats all no one can enforce the tobacco ban in reality.

Carry as much as you want but I dont know why you would want to carry a lot, you wont need a lot if your buying dank. The limit is 5 grams per person though.

Hit up Free world their Royal Moroccan hash is amazing.

6. I went to Amsterdam when I was twelve (my mum even let me get a tank top that reads "Good girls go to Heaven, bad girls go to Amsterdam" complete with three marijuana leaves under it) and I remember seeing people just chilling by a memorial type fountain, super crowded, and they were just rolling a joint like it was nothing. I do think that marijuana free areas have no smoking signs like in America (but instead of the cigarette it's a marijuana leaf obviously)

7. Ah thanks guys, I'll check out that royal Moroccan hash :)

8. Can't even have tobacco showing on your table, you can use some wierd green stuff like Gringo that they sell if you want to mix something into a joint. Or go to Barney's Farm coffee shop, ask for a bag at the counter and use thier Volcano Vape.

Tobacco is a big no no since the smoking ban came in, weed only like it should be :smoke: