Amsterdam Tomorrow. Advice?

Discussion in 'General' started by mels, May 30, 2012.

1. Hey guys!

Long time no post, but I'm going to Amsterdam tomorrow and wondered if anybody has any recommendations?

Much love

2. Smoke weed, fuck bitches?

Clean bitches, at that. Gotta loves the Amsterdamian (Dutch) laws man.

3. Dutch girls are my favorite nationality by far so don't miss out on that. Super laid back, tons of fun and unbelievable in bed....Enjoy your time there!

4. Thanks guys! any coffee shops that people recommend?

5. Advice? Get a refund, they dont sell weed to tourists anymore :X

6. Go to the museums and don't just sit around being baked like you would at home, go to the Anne Frank House and the Cannabis Museum and a bunch of other stuff! Make it worth it!

7. Have fun, Toke up and explore that city. I wish their were more places like that in the world... :(

8. I thought that bill failed where they wouldn't sell pot to tourists, so it's still legal :confused:

9. Nope, it's illegal for tourists to buy pot there now. Probably won't be hard to find some but still, it's really no different from Canada now, well... yes it is, but you know what I mean.

10. Did you go there and get denied weed? I think you're mistaken. You know there are a lot of laws that say a lot of things. I don't think there's much any could say to stop a tourist from smoking an Amsterdam.

11. That's about what I just said. And no, didn't go there. A cousin of mine lived there shortly before this whole thing, and I've read it in papers since.

12. The "weed pass" is only currently restricted to the southern provinces and is planned to go nationwide as of the 1st of January 2013, Amsterdam is not affected until then. However due to the recent collapse of the Dutch government, leading to early elections and strong opposition from big cities such as Amsterdam it is in contention as to whether it will go ahead at all.

13. Dont go back home...

14. This doesn't come in till the 1st of January 2013. I know seems as I have just booked my flights over there for October and fully researched before hand.

Plus I have just had a friend of mine come back just last week and was freely able to smoke cannabis in coffee shops and anywhere else in the city as you have been since the prevooius years.

Do some research please, And don't always believe what the papers say.

15. I used to date the chick who did public relations for the Amsterdam government, and she claimed that even if the law did go through all you would need to enjoy weed in amsterdam is a membership to the club. The law is in a place to stop drug trafficking from tourists within europe as it would be hard to track how much pot you are buying without anything on paper. You could buy one ounce at one shop, head over to the next shop and buy another ounce ect.

So as a regular tourist you would be banned from buying weed, however as a member of a pot club you would be allowed to buy weed. But as has already been mentioned there is not much support for the new laws, and its doubtful that holland would shoot its own tourism industry in the foot.

16. No fucking way man!!!
    Im leaving to Amsterdam tomorrow at 11 am.
    I'll PM you to see where you going to be..hope you got internet over there

17. Post some pics of those coffee shops if you're allowed to. Would love to see how some of their menu and merchandise look like.

18. I just got back on 5/21/12 and I can assure you no coffee shops denied me access. Some of them even checked my american passport. A tour guide did tell us laws have passed, but haven't reached amsterdam yet where they require citizens to get a card to go into the coffee shops, but that is still only in the south Netherlands like Rotterdam not Amsterdam.