Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Amsterdam, never smoked before

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by irish_guy, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Hi,
    I have never smoked before, weed or tobacco.I am going to Amsterdam in the summer with some friends and we were thinking about going to a coffeshop. I don't want to look bad in the coffeshop by coughing like crazy after taking a hit, so I was wondering do you think smoking tobacco before I go would be a good idea to get used to smoke? I can't smoke weed because, here in Ireland it is illegal.
    Much appreciated,
    Irish_guy

2. no if you've never smoked, don't start smoking tobacco now. it'll be a great experience, and you'll be so fucked up you won't be worried about what anyone thinks. you'll just be having a great time. enjoy, wish I could go :cry:

3. So lucky! If you really want to try and not look like an idiot buy a disposal electric cigarette with no nicotine. Just to get use to the feeling ect. Don't start tobacco.. Not worth the money and addiction. Have fun in Amsterdam.!

Sent from my W100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. TheAnswer has the answer. Stay away from tobacco, nothing good in it at all.

You do realize the herb is illegal damn near everywhere? Yet, look at all us tokers. Don't your friends currently toke? :smoke:

5. Thanks for the advice guys, to answer ICgreen 's question, no, I used to have a good friend years ago, when I was from about 13 - 16. He LOVED weed, he'd smoke and we would hang out but, although he offered it to me many times, I never had any myself. Long story short, his mother caught him growing a plant and kicked him out of the house. We started talking less and less until eventually losing contact altogether. I haven't even past him on the street in about 3 years.

6. The friends you are going with don't smoke yet?

Wow, could be an interesting trip. Use the buddy system to take care of each other and have fun. :smoke:

7. Don't forget to hit up the 50 euro suck n fuck specials. Although it's probably like 100 now...

8. Weed smoke has a different texture and is less harsher than tobacco. 

9. I would try weed now so u can experience its awesomeness even more in Amsterdam..

10. You could always, you know, smoke weed...

11. Pretty sure it still won't be legal for you to smoke in Amsterdam either. I feel like I've heard they have began cracking down on tourists smoking.. I may be wrong though.

12. Dont start smoking tobacco, its a bad idea. Besides weed smoke and tobacco smoke are two totally different things in my opinion, you rarely see cigarette smokers (such as myself) coughing whenever they light up a smoke, however a joint is different some people I smoke with cough a lot no matter how much they smoke or what they smoke out of. You cant go to amsterdam and not go to coffee shop though, if I went I wouldnt leave hahahaha  :smoking:

13. I am an EU citizen so I have all the same rights as a Dutch citizen.

14. Well the summer is about over, I assume that you mean next summer.   Don't try tobacco to get used to smoking, it takes time to get used to it and you may develop the nicotine habit. 

15. #15 Ganja ☤, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2013
    Good deal bro. I don't really know all the laws and regulations over there. I just go by what I hear haha.

But to answer your original question, I'm a habitual tobacco smoker. I've smoke cannabis daily for years, and I still cough a little bit when I rip a massive hit of dank ass weed.

The only way to train yourself is to smoke marijuana before your trip. Please do not smoke tobacco. It is a filthy habit I wish I woulda never picked up.

Have fun on your trip!

16. By the way, Amsterdam is fine even if you don't smoke weed.  There's a lot of very interesting culture and history, and it's just really nice to walk around for sightseeing, or take a ride on a boat in the canals.   They really have everything you'd expect in a great city! 

17. Nah you'll be fine, the tourist ban was never introduced.

Don't worry yourself about not having tried it before, just go easy on it. And nobody will care if you cough! Go, smoke some weed and enjoy yourself dude.

18. Man, sounds like it'd be a damn fun buddy trip. Hope u guys have fun

19. yeah there's no tourist ban. i was there a few months ago (i'm american) and it was all okay. smoked a joint sitting in a park and nobody cared.

i'd be a little concerned if none of you have smoked weed before and you try it for the first time in a foreign country, but really, hell you'll be fine it's just weed not acid.

if you're looking for a good coffee shop there, try the dolphin.

20. Thanks Guys, I appreciate it