Amsterdam in Winter?

Discussion in 'General' started by exonmoble, Mar 10, 2012.

1. I'm seriously thinking of making the pilgrimage to Amsterdam ( I have the money) but the problem is the only time i could go would be between December-Febuary, which i know is winter time over there.

The peak tourist time is in summer so there wouldn't be that many tourists around, and my favourite thing about travel is meeting over travelers. So i really don't know what too do :confused:

Anyone been or live in Amsterdam that could tell me what it's like over there in winter and if it's worth going in that time of year?

2. Red Light District doesn't close during winter.. they still sell bud in winter.. problem?

:smoke::ey:

3. I went with the train up to Amsterdam with some friends in January and there were tons of tourists man. Amsterdam is jam packed with tourists no matter what time of year it is, Plus, your ticket over will be cheaper since your going in the slower season.

Its even better in the winter if the canals freeze because people just chill on the ice in the canals and smoke out/drink :p

Whenever I go to Amsterdam its like going to Dutch America haha I always meet a shitload of americans and end up chillin with them all stoned/fucked up :laughing:

4. What Americandutchyz said.

And if you are used to intense watery-coldness.... You'll be OK.

5. Haha yeah I forgot to mention that you should bring some heavier, comfy jackets that'll keep you warm because depending on the winter it can be fucking freezing over here. In 2010's winter it froze for 4-5 months, just straight frozen :laughing:

6. You will enjoy Amsterdam regardless of the season. Trust me.
    :smoking:

7. Hmmm ok, how expensive is it over there?