Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Amsterdam cutting pot tourism!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Sizzlechest, May 29, 2011.

1. I just read in yahoo news that Dutch officials today (May 27th) have announced that by the end of the year they will only allow Dutch citizens to use their marijuana coffee shops.

I see this as an opportunity for some USA state to legalize weed and score a ton of tourism.

I'm sorry I didn't get to go before this happened.

Apparently they have some ultra right wing leader now who is an idiot.

2. Unlikely to happen.

They are probably trying to boost tourism by this move.

"Hey Amsterdam is closing the weed doors to tourists later this year! We need to go NOW!"

3. I read something about them considering doing this a while back. It really is disappointing hearing this. Nothing beats experiencing the city and culture while enjoying the herb.

4. Yeah, I thought of that but the politics of this new administration suggest otherwise.

5. If they really are serious about it, they wont keep it for long. Way too much money to deny.

6. I don't get it.

The entire world is struggling from the great recession and they're trying to cut back on tourism?! wtf?! I'm sure there are other places that would gladly let you smoke some herb if it means you'll be traveling there, renting a hotel room, visiting restaurants/cafes, spending money!

7. There's no way! I guarantee that at least 90% of sales in all those cafes and such is from tourists. In the end, it all involves money, and because of that, this does not seem likely to happen

8. Since when did logic drive government? Give government the opportunity and they will make the wrong choice most of the time.

9. This is probably bullshit but if it isn't who cares? plenty of countries are only a years away from selling bud to tourists/citizens USA, a few countries in Africa and every country thats released from americas influence to ban cannabis.

10. Who cares: California = new improved Amsterdam (and still developing)

11. It was third from the top on the marijuana news section, but oh well. not like this isn't a common occurrence