Amsterdam Coffeeshops

Discussion in 'General' started by weedhead420, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Hello...I'm leaving for amsterdam on moday and I had a question regarding I.D.'s.....Do you have to carry your passport to every shop or is a united states drivers license sufficient?

Thank you

2. oh ya lol.....Here is what they decided friday:D "Well, the dutch Cabinet, the Ministers Council, will allow coffeeshops to stay open, as usual. The pass system will not be applied in general, only Maastricht will start an experiment, which will surely fail.
    Amsterdam's Mayor, Cohen, does not want to ban tourists, he thinks the status of tourism in A'dam is not causing problems.

Our Goofy looking Justice Minister, Ernst Hirsch-Ball-in states that banning tourists from coffeeshops may be activated some day, but he does not know when, the retard...

So, buying, rolling, bonging, vaping and smoking cannabis will continue as usual in Dutch coffeeshops, except maybe for Maastricht. "

3. now back to the question at hand

4. Well, if you make it to Amsterdam you probably already have a passport, and you've brought it with you. So just use that.

5. Canadian Driver's License accepted no problem.

6. Thats what i orignally was gonna do...but whenever I rent a ROOR they either need your passport or the price of the bong. I would rather give them my passport because that ensures i won't lose it throughout my trip lol