Amsterdam Coffeeshops 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by Wilflet, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Hi all,
    I'm going to Amsterdam for a few days later in the month with my partner. Its her first time, I went a few years ago- have a few coffeeshops I want to go back to, a few that I didn't make it to last time and want to.. but it seems like its been a while since theres been a recommendation thread so I though I'd open up a new one to see if anyone had any new recommendations etc. I didnt do any of the big touristy ones (barneys, bulldog etc) last time, I kind of feel like I should as Im so near them this time, give us something to contrast the smaller places with.

We're staying in an air bnb in the northwest of the centre (think a line between centraal station and barneys uptown and we're kind of halfway along that) but will be wandering over most the city for various attractions and restaurants etc anyway, so as well as the coffee shops its worth making a special trip for it'd be nice to have a decent place in mind in every area so we have the option of before/after whatever we might be doing anywhere.

Eddibles arnt a concern for us this time (but feel free to recommend for future people who find this thread) my partners got a fairly low tolerence, over did it on some of my home made cupcakes over the holidays and dosnt want to get that fucked up again for a bit, so we'll be sticking to smoking.

Kind of looking for a mix of vibes- we both enjoy a rock bar kind of vibe in the evening, I'm very flexible on music policy, and certainly up for a more relaxed chilled out place for the day time sessions.

So what hidden gems do I need to check out?

I'll try to keep some sort of track of what I get up to and post back here when Im back

2. Coffeeshop paradox insane edibles 5*
    Grey area 4* buds are grade

3. You could try central coffe shop it's a buy and fly place there's Also voyagers coffee shop it gets good reviews.
    Green place is a nice coffe shop also.edibles in Amsterdam are very weak like 0.1 to 0.3 in a cake paradise does a gram in their cake which can be good.
    Also a lot of coffee shops have Cali heavy menus now like between 20 and 35 euros a gram.
    Oh there's also the plug coffe shop and there's a bar called Batvia you can get a drink and smoke down stairs they also do food too which is reasonably priced

4. [​IMG]
    Very tourist 'mericans only, bargirls expect a tip...3/10 Avoid

[​IMG]
    popular with Russians and the east. UK too ...very difficult to leave once in 8/10 Great

[​IMG]
    Say your GC name they claim to know you ..nice relaxing place 8/10 (can be very busy) 6/10 OK

[​IMG]
    www.smokey.nl Tourist Trap but great backup 6/10

[​IMG]
    Cheap weed ideal if close to your hotel-it's on the other side of the canal from the Hortus Botanicus greenhouses.

[​IMG]

5. The bull dog is classes as a McDonald's of coffee shops these days.
    Barneys is so dam expensive now. There's also 1 e Hulp it's a great shop but they don't always have what they advertise one social media.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thanks for that.
    I'll do barneys rather than bulldog then i can say i've done one of the big ones.
    Dampkring was already on my list from last time, popped in last time as I was passing but it was rammed as people were sheltering from a storm, couldnt be arsed with the huge queue and not getting a seat. smelt like some of the better shit though.
    That map could be useful, thanks, I'd looked at google and popeye didnt look like a coffee shop, it looked like what we would call in england a "greasy spoon cafe" (Fried breakfast, bacon/sausage sandwiches/probably closed by 2pm) I think that could be a wake and bake place as its 47 meters from our apartment.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hey Popeyes is ok it's open late they had nice hash alladins chocolate not sure if they would still do it. But dampkring 2 is actross the street from it an it's also changed name I think tho and sibere is just around the corner to lol plenty of choice

8. I'm back, so heres my rundown, thanks to those who gave advice, hopefully this will be more useful for those finding this in future:

Got to our AirBnB, host reiterated what was in his listing of keep tabaco smoking outside but smoke as much weed as you like in the flat, opened a cupboard in the kitchen to find this lot. 100% I am going airbnb over hotels in future. IMG_20190121_182556.jpg

Night 1 headed into the centre. Was going to do greenhouse centrum, it was real busy so we went to city hall (underneath greenhouse) Got a gram of mango haze, think it was 12 euro. Weed was ok, nothing amazing, smelt like mango and did haze things to my head, reasonable start. Shop itself wasn't great, staff wait til you start rolling before coming over and rudely demanding you have to order a drink straight away to use a table. We had one small joint and took the rest with us for a ride on the smoke boat.
    IMG_20190121_192310.jpg
    Nice vibe, good amount of seats- my partner is a bit of a crazy cat woman and was starting to miss our three little fury shit bags, so part of taking her there was because they have a cat (called rizla) she really enjoyed the painting of the cat (done to look like the biggie crown painting). Bonus points for being the best cup of tea we got anywhere
    . IMG_20190122_163346.jpg
    We got some white widow- it was cheap (8 euro) so probably not the best judge of bud quality, but its a strain I love (smoked it as a teenager, have grown it since), looks a bit scraggly in the bad compared to some of the others but it was a nice smooth smoke and we we're in a wonderful relaxed place and certainly ready for going out for dinner that night. I can see myself loosing an afternoon in there easily. They weighed the bud there and then rather than prebagged as it was in the last place.
    IMG_20190121_192310.jpg

After dinner we went via grey area (thanks to @Progrouk )that place needs a bigger store. The staff are at the friendlier end of the spectrum, knowlegable and more than happy to advise, and when talking to him he was all about opening a jar up at giving you a smell. Ended up going for a strain called WiFi, which was new to me, I told the guy I wanted something relaxing but I didnt want to couch lock, pass out and not fuck that night. It delivered. We took it back to the apartment, because theyve only got like 6 seats in there, so view it as a takeaway but I think best quality weed of the trip. Again weighed in front of you, and he was very thorough on pulling off any stems too!
    IMG_20190122_204615.jpg
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Day 3
    Spent the afternoon in Prix D'ami, which is apparently the biggest coffee shop, seating over 3 floors- had hoped to get in the top floor for the sofa beds and films on the screen but it was ramed (lets face it no one is leaving in a hurry). middle floor had comfy sofas, reasonable volume music, table service for drinks and food (highly recommend the milkshakes) and the herbal mix/tobacco replacement (which I quite like on a longer session, spread it out over more joints and enjoy the process of getting there rather than just smoke fast to get high). Due to its size and location clientel are 18 year old english people by the train load, but I still enjoyed the surroundings.
    Got some blueberry - it wasnt the tastiest example of the strain (just a bit generic not bad) but a nice enough effect. There scale connects to the till/screen and gives a price for whats on the scale, so presumably you can get a round value rather than a round weight.
    IMG_20190123_154037.jpg

we then giggeled our way around the sex museum which is 2 minutes from prix d'ami, went for some rijstaffel and on our way home ended up in abraxas (did go via dampkring, but seemed busier than we could be bothered dealing with after a long day). abraxas was the first ever coffeeshop i went to when i was last over so seemed nice to bookend the trip. Budtender was helpful again. Settled on Cheese as a nice relaxing end to the trip. Really nice decor in there, lots of wood. Good quality bud, very dense. Smoked a bit then went back to the apartment having decided that this was a strain best finished close to bed, we slept well that night.
    IMG_20190123_224507.jpg

So for best weed it was takeaway from grey area, for sitting and enjoying and afternoon 1e hulp and prix d'ami (depending on how much the young tourists annoy you)

thanks again guys

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1