Amsterdam 2013 : Myths + to go to coffeeshops.

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by EuroWeed, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Yes it is... next tuesday. It's probably going to be the best one in years because they're also crowning the new king on that day I think.

2. go snowboarding/skiiing, snowplanet is close to amsterdam

SnowPlanet | SnowPlanet

or ride a lil further to snowworld

3. sdnfjipadfnvdos;vn`ji;pvf omg so excited right now. i've still got exams to get through but then (literally the day of my last exam) im off to amsterdam again for 5 nights

4. I was fortunate enough to get to visit Amsterdam and I have to say I'm amazed to see that no one has mentioned the shop Dutch Flowers. Check that place out, on my trip to Amsterdam this place had the best flowers out of 6 other coffeeshops I went to including The Green House, Bulldog, and Dampkring. You won't be disappointed.

5. Im planing to go sometime next year but costs a lot coming from the states so im saving up

6. Thanks for the info. Planning to visit in September.

7. I'm glad Amsterdam is still smoke friendly.  I was there 2 years ago and totally fell in love with the City.  It's more user friendly than most other European Cities in that you can basically walk or cycle anywhere.  There is something about the "light" that makes it a Photographers Dream for taking pictures and the night life, coffee shops, restaurants and strolling along the canals are just awesome.  

Yeah, I can probably get better and cheaper weed here in the US, but there is just something really cool about being able to walk down the street and drop into a coffeshop for a smoke.  I LOVE Amsterdam and plan to go back again, maybe next year.  

PS:  I went there in May and I think that was a great time to visit.  The tulips and flowers were in bloom, weather was warm and sunny in the day and brisk at night.  Just perfect IMHO.  

8. I was just there a few times over the past month. I visited the Riijksmuseum and it is REALLY impressive. The collection of older art they house is insane! 

Im from the US and i was very skeptical of how it would be on my trip to amsterdam. I tend to try and avoid being the 'typical annoying tourist' in most cases. Long story short, I had an amazing time on both trips over and here is some of what i found for anyone that's looking for some info like i was :

most anything you want you can find taking the 2 or 5 trams

rembrandtplein and leidseplein are pretty close together and both packed with food/coffeshops/bars on the canal

down closer to central station near the green district (Warmoesstraat area) is also cool. you can get to about anything fairly quickly from there via tram or walking. coffeeshops/food and bars all around. red light district just a few blocks over.

the shops i checked out were all great.  i really liked 420 cafe, greenhouse, de dampkring, popeyes, smokey, bulldog (yeah yeah its got tourists, its still got some gooooood herb) and stones. 

I will be going back at the end of July. Would love to get together with some other musician/artists/smokers this time around so hit me up if you live in the area or will be over around july 25-30. 

this next time im deff going to try and hit rookies, grey area and several others. any recommendations??? 

and if you are over, deffinately try and KUSH you can get your hands on and dr grinspoon and any cheese blend! all amazing

9. I'm going in August and can't wait, but because of not being able to manipulate time it looks like I'll have to wait.

10. #110 Deleted member 409203, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2023

11. I'm off tomorrow, can't wait!

12. I miss Amsterdam. I went when I was about 12 or 13 just to see the city with my parents. Beautiful city, indeed. I hope to take another visit sometime soon to see the sights, shop and have a little coffee shop time  :yummy:

Vondelpark...place is huge, should be easy enough to find a quiet spot. Also near the 'museumsplein' area, the place with the big 'iAMSTERDAM' sign, there's a big bit of grass where people sit and chill. 

I think most of the parks are a bit of a trek from Centraal, but you could rent a bike on the day or days, your planning to go to the park. Should only cost like 5-8 euros for the day. That's what I did when I stayed in the centre but wanted to go to Vondelpark to chill. Makes life much easier :smoke:

14. #114 Deleted member 409203, Jul 10, 2013

15. So all in all, what would you say is The best Hash in Amsterdam? Greets

16. i go once a year, expensive as all shit  , but so much fun

dont go to de kroon its wank 

and do nail a 5 euro shake at barneys, mental

17. Went in June for my first time ever, and already going back next month. 

If anyone wants a more 'casual' coffeeshop and not big and flashy (yet just as good weed), I highly recommend "Siberie".

They had the best Super Silver Haze I've ever had. They had the best cup of tea I've ever had. Generally, they had the best service I've ever had. 
    If you like Vaping, they've got 2 Extreme Q's attach to 2 tables in the back with bar stool chairs to sit on, right beside a little collection of small Buddha-like figures. It's so funny to look at while high.

18. after all the grams of high grade , you will be braindead.

19. #119 Deleted member 409203, Aug 20, 2013

20. I spent a while looking for the Greenhouse coffee shop in Ad'am, I was pretty disappointed at the rudeness/snobby attitude of the staff in there  and the atmosphere was so tense if you walked in there not looking rich