Amsterdam 2013 : Myths + to go to coffeeshops.

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by EuroWeed, Jan 4, 2013.

1. #21 EuroWeed, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2013
    Dutch government counts bubble hash as normal ' hash ' . Even oils fall under this category for some reason. Theyre kinda rare though in amsterdam. Dabbing didnt quite make it here yet :/ . As for the bushdoctor i have no idea. Ill visit the shop this week and let you know !

EDIT: I think most of the Bushdoctors ' hash ' is just normal bubble hash though. Im gonna try to talk to the coffeeshop owner and ask him how they extract their hashes ;)

2. Greenhouse had this stuff they referred to as "Glass" at the last cannabis cup...I think they are starting to sell it in their shop now too, it's basically a small disc of oil with the consistency of glass, it's clear amber in colour so I'd guess it's pretty potent stuff!

3. Amsterdam is fun, it's a must if you go to Europe, altought it is extremelly overrated.
    It's overpriced, the biggest tourist trap of europe I say.

Don't get me wrong, Amsterdam is alot of fun, alot to check out and if you arent on a budget (or even if you are) a must.

Christiania in Copenhagen is another palce you should check out, I never went but heard only good things about it, better than Amsterdams smoking culture from what I heard.

4. There are some hidden gems in Amsterdam aswell man , not all of them are touristtraps !

5. Yea forsure, asking around for the spots is defiantly worth it.

6. #27 stevizzy, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2013
    I love Amsterdam although everything is quite expensive compared to the USA. IMHO, it's worth the price to experience Amsterdam. Also, you won't need a rental car to get around so that's one thing to consider when you budget for a trip. Hotels and food are expensive but better than what we find here in the US unless you only stay at 5***** hotels in the USA. No Motel6 in Amsterdam and the food is good. Weed is good but not better than we get here in the US. Go for the Euro Experience and you'll love it and want to return and visit more places in Europe. Learn a few words in the native language and you'll be treated better than a typical American Tourist.

7. Im visiting Amsterdam next month, cant wait! Gonna be staying in a "bulldog" hotel! You guys know anything about it? And can i bring weed from the coffeshop to the hotel? And also i was wondering what is the best highquality weed i can get there? I here so much different! Nice thread btw!

8. Thanks for the feedback man ! For sure , you can bring weed to the hotel ! Id would suggest venturing outside the bulldog though. Its known as one of the priciest coffeeshops in all of amsterdam .. As for the strongest weed , all strains are listed on the coffeeshops their menu , they vary alot so i would definitely ask the budtender which are the most potent ones. When are you going ?

9. Which one is your personal favorite then? Im gonna be there From 25-28feb. Gonna visit family in berlin so then im just gonna take 3day trip over there!

10. Grey area and tweede kamer for sure !

11. Really appricate what your doing here EuroWeed theres just so much to know about Amsterdam. Is it true that if you leave the tourist areas the quality of weed will rise?
    As you said yourself Weed in tourist area will be more expensive but I've a hunch that its the lowest quality too. Am I just being synical?

Also, could you reccomend any gem coffeeshops that also sell good quality pies, cakes, muffins, etc? May as well spoil yourself when your on holiday eh?

Nice to have a man on the inside,
    Kabalisc

12. Thanks man ! I thought GC could use a man on the inside aswell ! As for your questions : quality actually varies between coffeeshops. There isnt a direct link between coffeeshops prices and their quality of weed . Some even have the same growers but just charge more for accessibility to the tourists. The best quality ( not price related ) will probably be the green house for their amazing hybrids and the grey area and barneys. Dampkring has some good quality weed too. They can get a bit expensive though ( especially the greenhouse ) As for cakes there's only one place i can recommend : la tertulia. Its a fair bit outside the city centre but they are known in amsterdam for their good edibles ( the owners are women , mother and daughter ). Voyagers is another good alternative though ! Definitely check them out ! Have fun on your trip man !

13. It's always nice to find a good informative Amsterdam thread without the wild rumors about shutting every coffeeshop and all that nonsense..

honestly it's just good to reminisce about the city.... Lived in Leiden for 2 years myself going to grad school and I took MANY trips into Mokum...

I def. enjoyed the grey area they had some very interesting strains and crosses... plus free volcano use, albeit a bit pricey... but to be fair I always was looking for that hidden deal around town....

My favorite chill shop was 420 Cafe (de Kuil) it was so calming in there with the classic slow rock or jazz playing with nature shows on the TV... It's such a relaxing place i used to spend hours just reading books and magazines in there, talking with random folks....

It was there or Dolphins, or Old Amsterdam... On occasion I would bike up from Leiden (approx. 40km, or 3 hour bike ride) Taking my time i would always stop off at a coffeeshop as my first stop when arriving in the city....

So i gotta ask, What kind of strains are going around the city these days? Back in my days (2008-2010) They were cycling through massive numbers of haze crosses. It felt like if anything had the word "haze" in it it'd go up at least 3-5 euro... I remember some ridiculously good cheese from greenhouse and Homegrown fantasy... although HGF was getting worse in quality through the years....

Everyone was raving about the chocolope one spring but i never really liked it... it just tasted like dirt....i'd rather have the elusive white cheese from Old Amsterdam... an off menu item that you had to ask the old owner guy... then he'd smile this big grin and pull it out...

ahhh those are the days.... how i miss it...

keep on puffing.... and keep that little window to the dutch life open for us... we love hearing about it!!

peace,
    Hippy:smoking:

14. I love love love Christiania. It is small and there aren't as many things there as in Amsterdam but it is really beautiful and Copenhagen is awesome while stoned.

15. Got told in work yesterday that our 'holiday year' ends June 30th so we have to take all this years holiday time before then or its effectively wasted :)!

So I've to go to a communion with my girlfriend in Poland on the 26th of May spend three or four days their so she can see some family! Then we are going to fly into Holland (not sure where yet) and travel our way up to Amsterdam visiting different towns (Ill need to map out where tourist smoking is allowed or enforced more so ;) this map may be useful. )

16. Thanks for the advice EuroWeed, turns out voyagers is no more than 400m from the hostel. Good times await. :)

17. bulldog is good hostel but bad and overpriced coffee shop

abraxas is best coffee shop in amsterdam or dampkring

18. I was just in Amsterdam and hit up prix d'amis, abraxas and a couple more I can't remember it was dope, now heading to Copenhagen and hit christiania up!!!

19. Have a great time man !