Amplifier 2 ohms vs 4 ohms

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by treesmoker11, Dec 6, 2012.

1. So I've got a question,

I have been looking into this
    PUNCH Amplifiers - P300-1 - Rockford Fosgate®

I am confused about the ohms to watts ratio. It says "240 Watts x 1 @ 4-Ohms
    404 Watts x 1 @ 2-Ohms" I understand that it will put out more wattage at 2-Ohms opposed to 4 Ohms. But is there just a switch that makes it switch back in forth from 2-4? Or does it have to do with my battery/wires?

Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

2. Ohms is resistance the lower the ohm the more power due to the less resistance if u have dual 4 ohm speakers you can wire it down to 2 ohms, I have a Rockford fosgate 300.1 on 2 Rockford fosgate p2 15s and they slam you should def get it its really Under rated

Sent from my Blaze using GC Forum

3. Sorry for the double post but use this website for some better understanding www.the12volt.com

Sent from my Blaze using GC Forum

4. Ahh. I get it now, thanks!

5. [quote name='"treesmoker11"']So I've got a question,

I have been looking into this
    PUNCH Amplifiers - P300-1 - Rockford Fosgate®

I am confused about the ohms to watts ratio. It says "240 Watts x 1 @ 4-Ohms
    404 Watts x 1 @ 2-Ohms" I understand that it will put out more wattage at 2-Ohms opposed to 4 Ohms. But is there just a switch that makes it switch back in forth from 2-4? Or does it have to do with my battery/wires?

Any help is much appreciated, thanks.[/quote]

4 ohms is usually my first choice cause you can wire it down to 1 on a 1 ohm stable sub for maximum power.

6. [quote name='"kaostazz09"']Ohms is resistance the lower the ohm the more power due to the less resistance if u have dual 4 ohm speakers you can wire it down to 2 ohms, I have a Rockford fosgate 300.1 on 2 Rockford fosgate p2 15s and they slam you should def get it its really Under rated

Sent from my Blaze using GC Forum[/quote]

Yeah p2s hit but get 1500.1