Amount of weed in a joint?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Curlybaash, Dec 1, 2012.

1. :smoke:I recently got pretty good at rolling, and i'd like to do it more, butttttt

:bongin:I tend to smoke out of a bowl because.....
    1) i can corner and make it last longer
    2)i almost only smoke at home
    3)joints seem to deplete my stash faster

#3 is my biggest concern. I normally buy 8ths of loud for 55, shit's not cheap and i don't like burning through my whole stash. is there a way to roll smaller joints? should i only smoke about a half a joint at a time? i save roaches whenever i have them. :smoking:

Bottom line is, how can i make smoking mostly J's more, erhm, "economical" ? :confused_2:

also, lets not turn this into a "bowls vs. Joints" thread..:wave:

2. Depending on your tolerance, you can throw .25-.3 in a joint if it's dank and that'll do me just fine for at least 2 sessions per joint. I'll Put it out half way just cuz my lungs get fatigued from smoking pretty quickly. (which is why I now mostly vape)

3.5grams in a 8th / .25 = around 14 j's. That's not too bad.

3. yeah, i suppose that's pretty good. i suppose i could manage smoking half a joint at a time, too. and if i rolled about 7 joints every time i scored a sack i'd still have more than enough for my bubbler and GB. cool beans, thanks man :D

4. You get high from smoking an eighth of a gram in a joint??...Damn talk about some low tolerances. I wish my tolerance was that low..

5. ^ Yeah thats ridiculous. But I normally do .8-1.2 in a joint, decent cone too. But if I'm trying to convserve I'll just pack a few bowls, or a smaller joint of .3-.5

6. Bro I wish i could get high off of half a .25 joint. Well, buzzed, but not as high as I enjoy being. When possible, I use this motto. "If you're gonna roll one, make it fat."

7. My proportions:

Fat Ass: 1.5-2 g's
    Fatty: 1.0 G's
    Decent: 0.5 G's
    Pinner: <0.5 G's

As far as judging how much weed you would need in a joint I guess you should just roll joints that are in your tolerance range, like proportion it out before you roll and see how high it would get you say in bowl packs and use that as a comparison.

Also, unless it bugs the shit out of you, you should think about picking up some beasters next time (If possible) so you get more quantity, then you have more stash. But only if you're going to roll up all of it.

8. just keep practicing, when i first really started rolling i was pretty good at rolling bit fat cones... but doing little skinny cigarette looking ones take some work.

alternatively, get an altoids tin or a joint case or hollowed out pen or something that you can save your joint in. put how ever much you want and smoke half now, half later.

9. There's certainly ways to roll smaller joints? I've heard it's harder to roll smaller ones but I don't see it. The only tips I would have is 1) consider a cone shape or 2) a longer, thinner crutch. I find they look and feel less awk.

I would advise against half a j because you'll definitely lose a bit of weed if you put it out halfway. I used to do this.

10. I know i'll get flamed for this but this is the reason i enjoy smoking with UK etiquette. Common practice to roll with tobacco so i can squeeze like 10 jays out of 2g :) well, sometimes i can, sometimes not but its just what im used to, still smoke everyday (and at least 10 a day) so i get high :D

11. Rollin splifs certainly does help conserve weed. If u dnt like baccy n ur joints then jus roll pinners/short fat ones or use a bowl

12. three or four joints for an 8th, six or seven if they're pinners.

I don't roll often anymore, used to roll joints and blunts but that was burning a hole through my pocket so I slowed down and pack a hitter box now.

13. smoke what you got the stash for. you'd probably conserve even more bud by packing snaps in your bong.

14. A half gram is the standard for a joint in my world. A bomber is a gram and a blunt is at least 3 grams. Good luck.

15. Yeah, a 0.3 can pack a bowl but you can also roll a nice little j with it.

16. whoa, lots of feedback, thanks guys. Yeah from what i'm reading and keeping my tolerance in mind imma prolly save the joints for when i buy tons of mid. i'll save the loud for my GB and bubbler, easier to conserve that way. thanks again dudes

17. The standard amount for one joint is 1-1.5 marijuanas.

18. I roll one then tear or cut it in half, and it tastes better on your second go at it.

19. 0.35-0.44g always rolls the best joints, imo, especially cuz I like to leave room for the crutch, this is for the 78mm joint size. Any fatter, grab a blunt, any smaller than 0.35g, grab a glass pipe or bong, you'll save a bunch of money. :)

Definitely don't go over 0.44g if you're using a joint roller. Joints that are too tight are too hard to smoke and go out, joints that are too loose burn way too quickly.