amount of light

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by happydayz, Apr 10, 2009.

1. How much light does it take to grow 1 lowrider #2 plant in a box with tin foil around the outside? Thanks

2. most say 100 watts per plant or more during veg then even more during flower, your using cfls i take it?

3. yea, ill be using cfl's. I only want to start the plant for the first 2-3 weeks inside. Would 60 be enough for that, or should i got with 100?

4. i would think so for such little time in side,i use big nasty 65 watt cfls you can get at lowes or home depot for like 18 bucks its says they are 300 watts but you know you go by the smallest number to determen the real watts .and that would also keep you from using more then one light to

5. Just go with a 100 watt (23 actual watt) bulb. Using a good reflector and kept about 3" away, it will do fine for a couple of weeks. I typically run mine this way for about two weeks to give them a good healthy start before moving them under the bigger lights. I also use a 6500k bulb for about 1 month before switching to a 2700k. Don't know if it makes much of a difference, but has always worked for me.

6. #6 happydayz, Apr 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2009
    Yea, I already have multiple 60 watt and 100 watt cfl bulbs. The problem is that the lamp I plan on using says to use a max of 60 watts. If i use a 100 watt will I run into trouble. Its a cfl bulb, so its really only 23 watts right? Thanks for your help guys