Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Amount of fat in butter (cannabutter)

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by dankusername, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Yo, recently I made some (amnesia haze) hash yoghurt which had some pretty awesome results the first time.

I used some regular old butter a spoon and a lighter. I held the lighter under the spoon with the hash and butter until the hash melted. I've got some questions though.

First time I tried the hash yoghurt the high was perfect, it started slow after one hour but gradually got stronger and stronger, but in a way that definitely still felt good even though it was really strong at one point (was the first time I had edibles at all). I was extremely euphoric and everything my friends said made me laugh. Basically the best possible high you could have for a sativa strain.

The second time I tried it was about one week later, but it took me about two times the amount of hash to get as high as the first time and I waited twice as long (2 hours compared to 1) before noticing anything. The high felt like everything was just lagging behind 1 second and if I was a bit dizzy. It was overall good and I had a few good laughs, but still, I needed way more hash and it had a less positive effect and took waaay longer to work. Mabye I only got high this time because I made a second yoghurt and one hour after eating that I was pretty high. Who knows, maybe the first one didn't work at all.

(I didn't smoke anything or eat any edibles during the first and second time I had a hash yoghurt so my tolerance should have stayed the same). Maybe it was also because me and my friends just sat around this time and since the strain is mostly sativa maybe thats what made the high less enjoyable.

I wanted to ask if the amount of fat in the butter matters that much.I think this time around I used butter that had less fat in it (I didn't really look)

2. #2 BrassNwood, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    Regular butter is 80% milk fat, 2% milk solids and 18% water.

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    For a really effective oil try my recipe.
    The Coconut oil is best as it doesn't need stomach bile to start the digestion process. The Lecithin add a whole new meaning to the strength of the finished product.

Always decarb anything you intend to eat or drink first
    240 F for 40 minutes.

5 Grams hash, or weed, or Concentrate. If weed grind to dust.
    2.5 Teaspoons of Coconut oil
    .5 teaspoon of lecithin (any kind)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze (optional but softens the material)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done
    Fills about 30 (0) capsules or it's 30 really potent doses. 100mg range
    [​IMG]
    I'd start with about 6 drops of the stuff for a light user. A full Capsule is 25 drops and a wicked high if your not very experienced with edibles.

BNW