Amoril's Medicine Cab - Master Kaze - Test Grow for MNS / Shantibaba

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by amoril, May 25, 2009.

1. Its been about 3 weeks bro! Could we expect a flowering schedule anytime soon? Cant wait to see some flowers:hello:

*taps foot*

2. #42 ricard0, Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2009
    :ey:^^Yeah, That^^:ey:

-----

Hey am, you've got smoke-report. Check my journal.

Also, thanx for poppin' in over at my call for help thread. No one will touch it over at ic. It's not what you know over there that counts as much as who. lmao

3. LOL, sorry man, i didnt know it had been that long.

I shall have to cruise over there for the report. Thanks for the heads up.

-------

so, the deal is that I cant bloom these Master Kazes until the flower box gives me a little more room. I just harvested the whiteberry a couple days ago (preliminary taste is DELICIOUS btw), and a couple more at the end of this week....

so, I should have at least 3 of them flowering in a week.

But, in the nature of things, Ill try to get a few updated pictures up tonight. Several of them have responded amazingly well to the training IMO. Theyve also all been transplanted, and most have adjusted nicely to that as well....one of them isnt booming yet, but oh well.

sorry for the delay....but its still rolling despite the holdups

4. Since I lied yesterday, and didnt post any pics....Im back tonight with a couple. My camera batteries were dead last night, so I had to charge 'em. My bad. Actually, my girl's bad, but we wont tell her that :D

The plan right now is to move three of the ladies into flower by the end of this week, and the other three shortly behind, as space allows.

One benefit that Im noticing to delaying the onset of flower is that Im reducing their flowering exposure to this extreme heat. Where Im at, high temperatures have been over 100 degrees fahrenheit daily for the last couple of weeks. Im indoors, with central A/C, but it still gets in the mid-upper 80s for a brief period of the photoperiod. It doesnt seem to be too detrimental to the plants in there, but if I can spare the Kaze ladies, i feel that its not a bad thing.

---------------

I did a little 'flush' post transplant, feeding only water, molasses once, and superthrive once. Tonight, I kicked off the food again, with 2.5ml FN grow + 2.5ml FN bloom. The ladies were looking ready to eat, but I didnt want to feed immediately after transplanting.

Anyhow, the pics.

First two pics are of the 3 plants in 2 gallons of soil each. I ran out of FFOF and didnt want to wait, so I just filled the bags 2/3 of the way. Im not concerned about it ;) Mk #s 3, 7, and 8.

the second two pics are the plants in 3 gallons of soil each. These 3 would be my preferred grouping, they showed sex more clearly, and earlier. The canopy is also a little more full on these ladies, as they were transplanted a few days earlier, and as such are a few more days into the recovery period. MK #s 4, 9, and 10.

Attached Files:

5. Looking quite lovely, the group all nestled in there like little, sleeping beauties.

----

I ended up running out of Ocean Forest as well and went with an available bag of Happy Frog. Ever used HF?

6. lol, they do look a little tight, but its ok. Man, youre fast with the response ...

and no, Ive never tried happy frog. in fact, the only FF product ive ever purchased is OF....

7. Ha ha! Had my finger on the trigger ;)

-----

Side note: I put the un-germed BW seeds in a cup of water a couple days ago for sh!ts and giggles and............ you guessed it, a couple popped and have tap roots emerging. After nearly 2 weeks in moist paper towels with only marginal success (you already know my batting average for MNS games), now the ones i was about to toss are showing signs of life. :eek:

Not sure how you were trying to pop the old BW beans, but you might give it a try if nothing else works. I'll keep you posted.

8. thats almost unbelievable. Im definately going to have to try an extended soak on the widows then.

Im glad youre starting to get them to come around, too. I know I have high hopes for the BW, and Im sure you do too ;)

9. Did one more round of canopy management / tipping, and Im thinking I should be able to get at least 4 of them in the bloomer in around 48 hours.

exciting :rolleyes:

10. #50 ricard0, Jul 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2009
    Wooooo Hooooo :hello:

LOL.... tipping is not a city in China :D..... :smoking:

EDIT: Damn am, you got the stealthy journal. I hope someone else shows up or i'm gonna start to feel like a stalker. LMAO

11. LMAO, it took me half a bowl to get the tipping pun. Welcome to shitty walk. :cool:

the key to my stealth is my nocturnal habit....or maybe my unique body odor. who knows.

-------------

MK #'s 3, 4, 7, 9....presumably all ladies, have been placed under the 400w, in the flower cabinet. That means....the wait is over :D Im gettin tired of veg.

I took cuts from these 4, and the other two ladies (8 and 10...they need a lil more canopy growth, and the nevs haze needs to finish to make room) so that shall be round 2, and beyond with the favorite.

I would take pictures, but I cant at the moment, so Ill get those up ASAP.

to recap tonight's top story, 4 of the lasses are getting their beauty sleep, in 12/12.

12. #52 ricard0, Jul 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2009
    Someone's up late...... or early. It's a quarter past 3am here on the West Coast

LOL, the old sign you see on the tip jar at some restaurants "Tipping is NOT a city in China". You said you were "tipping" the girls for canopy space. Wasn't sure if it was a typo or if you literally tipped the girls over (which i've done and continue to do as necessary). Either way, the pun was fitting given the opening you provided. ;)

Finally, we'll get a peek at the MKaze Poly in flower. :hello: I'm sure the traffic will follow.

-----

Bad news on those soaking BW's. they just stopped in their tracks. :(
    Oh well, like you said, 5 should get me at least one with balls and one with bracts.

Great news on my HK cuttings. Roots showing after just 7 days. I took cuts from both fems and one group far outpaces the other. In fact, only a couple from one of them are rooting and all look rather sad. Whereas nearly all from the other plant are rooting well and look perky to boot.

Edit: Half past now.... yaaaaawn.. puff.... yawn. OMG, Mr. Ed just came on my TV. Talk about a recipe for laughs. Too much weed, too little sleep and sum Mr. fu@kin' Ed.

Couple of knee slappers here for ya --->
    http://forum.grasscity.com/advanced-growing-techniques/373280-does-co2-help-plants-grow.html
    and
    http://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/430018-flowering.html

13. You two have to be the most interesting dudes on G.C. :p Just joshin' you two
    The plants look great though amoril, i wish i could keep mine that green and healthy. That canopy is going to look even nicer when its filled with buds. And don't you worry, when those babies start flowering this thread is going to have more visitors than the bubblebucket and jcj's thread put together!

14. Wow, nice even canopy bro...

Im sure those preflowers are lookin pretty sexy about now

Any strech in the 4-5 days after you flipped 12/12 with the master kaze?

15. exquisite detail here amoril. best I've seen for pertinent info and thus, highly valuable journal. a blueprint no less for my future NH grow.
    thanks.

16. #56 ricard0, Jul 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2009
    ^^See am, you've already outdone me^^
    I never got "exquisite", "best I've seen", "blueprint" or even "crude, hand-drawn map" LOL

I knew i made nice with you for a reason.... amoril.

-----

I'll post up some pics of the BW's soon ;)
    You know where.

17. just buttering him up for when I need a favour

lol
    j/k

I was keen on checking out your grow too ricard0 but your link is dead

18. #58 ricard0, Jul 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2009

Try it now. I fixed it. :D You may have to reload the page your linking from.

Just so you know, i like butter as well :yummy: LOL

19. #59 amoril, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2009
    Here's the scoop : Ive been dealing with some shit right now, and my plants have suffered as a result. While we have been back on track for nearly a week now, some apparantly irrepairable damage has occurred.....at least for the short term.

I had selected 6 "ladies", of which 5 had confirmed sex in veg, leaving one somewhat iffy. As it seems, plants dont like being completely unattended to for 7 or 8 days, especially if those are the days they are converting into flower.

The iffy one is a male. No intersex, straight male. thats cool. Of the remaining 5, one has fully gone herm on me. Sucks too, cause there is already bud formation, and a decent amount of male formation just under it.

4 left. 3 of them appear to be uneffected, save for maybe losing slightly more foliage than I would have wished at this point. No canopy damage though, so thats good. There is one lady that has had a tough go though, and Im not sure whats going to happen.

She wants to be a she, but during her period of being ignored, she grew one branch through the grating on a circulation fan, and another branch into the light. I was expecting a little herm, but so far, she's holding on real well.

So, we have 4. But, I have cuts of all 6, so the one that stressed into intersexing may get another run, although I doubt Ill consider it that heavily as a keeper. Its entirely conceivable that I may have to take a weeks absence at some point in the future, no point compromising future crops ;)

-----------

3 of the ladies are on their 3rd full day of flowering now. I count from first day of visible bud formation, ie loads of pistils from the growth tips. Seeing pistils at a joint doesnt count. These three responded on a little over a week of 12/12 iirc, so that means the 4th lady should be on -3 days of flowering, or so...lmao.

Ill get some pics up tomorrow hopefully

20. Sorry to hear about your.... uh.. detour. Glad things are back on track for ya though. Maybe i can help keep you inspired by whoopin' ass on my gig.

-----

Just ordered another 2' T5 for the other cab. Went ahead and picked up the GH nutes for Rez's ==The Recipe==. Can you say Coco grow??