America's Future?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by 1badbruce, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Ripped apart by financial crisis, Greek society in free-fall

www.washingtonpost.com/
    Published November 01, 2012
    Associated Press

ATHENS, Greece – A sign taped to a wall in an Athens hospital appealed for civility from patients. "The doctors on duty have been unpaid since May," it read, "Please respect their work."
    Patients and their relatives glanced up briefly and moved on, hardened to such messages of gloom. In a country where about 1,000 people lose their jobs each day, legions more are still employed but haven't seen a paycheck in months. What used to be an anomaly has become commonplace, and those who have jobs that pay on time consider themselves the exception to the rule.
    To the casual observer, all might appear well in Athens. Traffic still hums by, restaurants and bars are open, people sip iced coffees at sunny sidewalk cafes. But scratch the surface and you find a society in free-fall, ripped apart by the most vicious financial crisis the country has seen in half a century.
    It has been three years since Greece's government informed its fellow members in the 17-country group that uses the euro that its deficit was far higher than originally reported. It was the fuse that sparked financial turmoil still weighing heavily on eurozone countries. Countless rounds of negotiations ensued as European countries and the International Monetary Fund struggled to determine how best to put a lid on the crisis and stop it spreading.
    The result: Greece had to introduce stringent austerity measures in return for two international rescue loan packages worth a total of €240 billion ($313 billion), slashing salaries and pensions and hiking taxes.
    The reforms have been painful, and the country faces a sixth year of recession.
    Life in Athens is often punctuated by demonstrations big and small, sometimes on a daily basis. Rows of shuttered shops stand between the restaurants that have managed to stay open. Vigilantes roam inner city neighborhoods, vowing to "clean up" what they claim the demoralized police have failed to do. Right-wing extremists beat migrants, anarchists beat the right-wing thugs and desperate local residents quietly cheer one side or the other as society grows increasingly polarized.

2. This is, apparently, what the people of America want for themselves.

3. America's credit rating rating has been downgraded twice. Once our leaders loose the ability to borrow money it will get real ugly very fast.
    Those that will scream the loudest will be those who payed attention the least to who they voted into office.

4. I really feel like half the people in America are either misinformed, or refuse to believe that the President could do any wrong.

This morning, I was listening to the radio, and they were playing recordings of what some of the Obama supporters at his victory rally said. It was some of the most ignorant bullshit I've ever heard. Anyone see the video of the 9-year-old boy (who is black) who says that if Obama isn't reelected, that black people will go back to pickin' crops? I know this is just one case, but I feel like it's a pretty good representation of the bullshit people believe about our President.

Ignorance is The People's worst enemy.

5. There're two sides to that coin. I wonder how mnany voted for Romney just because he was R?, how many because he was Christian? White? etc. etc. etc.

Your spot on here.
    Ignorance is The People's worst enemy
    Some folks, myself included eventually open their eyes to the reality & consequences of what our leaders are actually doing onshore & overseas.
    Cheers

6. I don't think I mentioned race or religion, but they definitely played a major role in this election.

My eyes are open, man. Sometimes it drives me nuts having almost all Obama-supporting friends. Anytime I'm pissed about something he's done, they always run to his rescue and make up bullshit excuses...ugh...I'm tired.

7. I get the same thing from family memberrs. All of the 6 daughters either don't care or think obama is the chit. Only my son & one daughters boyfriend pay attention to what's going.
    I think most folks with their lives as busy as they are just listen to what he says, He talks a great game.,
    I prefer to look at what he does & judge him by that. His administration & his record don't pass the smell test.:D

8. Fuck that, they don't need a decent credit rating when they have the federal reserve to print money for them!

9. Romney's morman... :confused_2:

10. [quote name='"greengrace3"']

Romney's morman... :confused_2:[/quote]

Which still falls under Christianity if I'm not mistaken..

11. America's future? man it's not looking good and even if we don't witness a collapse of the American dollar anytime soon,

imagine in 15 years...20 years. It would be a fucked up police state more so than it already is.

all those drones n what not.

12. I have an eerie feeling about the future. I think in 4 years we will not be where we are today. Im not a big conspiracy theorist but a one world government is the plan and its approaching fast. It will be hell on earth when that happens. Good luck to everyone but I think this is going to happen in our lifetime. I hope it doesn't though.

13. I think if a one world government happens it will be pushed for under the world peace agenda. The man unknowingly voted into a world power position will likely be voted in unopposed because he will prove his ability somehow as a peacemaker but that will all change drastically once he comes into power.

14. We're fucked.

15. gloomy thread!

16. Ah, Yes they do need a credit ratinjg & hopefully a good one to borrow money from the Chinese government & other countries. Our governments credit rating affects their ability to borrow money & if they can't borrow the music stops. Where do think the money comes from that's given to all of the entitlement babies.

BTW from what I read America's credit rating is about to be taken down a notch again shortly.

As far as having the federal reserve how long do you think they're going to continue to be able to print money before we wind up with hyper inflation which is where America is headed.
    Hit the link & read the article.
    Hyperinflation germany 1930s

In 1930's Germany the government tried to print it's way out of financial trouble.
    When I was a youngster one of my parents friends once told me about having to go grocery shopping with wheelbarrows to carry the money in 1930's Germany and how workers demanded to be paid daily at noon for their labor so they could go shopping in the afternoon before prices changed. Were talking groceries here not cars, electronics, houses.
    Were talking daily, every single day. You have no idea.
    Cheers:rolleyes:

17. I mean. The niqqa is trying. I mean seriously. If you inherent a country ALREADY spiraling out of control and your job is to put a lid on it and turn it right around, well you better clear your schedule because this is going to take a while.

This, none of this, is Obama's fault. And frankly it doesn't matter whose fault it is. What Obama should do (after he finish getting his victory BJ) is evaluate Clinton's tax plan and figure out a way to make it more modern so it benefits the economy greatly. He got a whole bunch of shit he has to do for the next four years and I bet by the end of it, we'll see the change he's been talking about. FOR THE BETTER. Not the worst.

Practice optimism. Stress can kill you.

18. #18 1badbruce, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2012

None of this is obamas fault? Thats a laugh. obamas borrowing & spending at three times as much as Bush on a yearly basis. His stimulus package which was pissed away on next to nothing. obama giving 800 million to acorn, a billion & a half to the muslim brotherhood, The buyout of GM which gave over a billion dollars to the unions & screwed the shareholders, how many green companies has he given hundreds of millions to each? a dozen? 2 dozen, which BTW most have gone bankrupt. The list goes on & on.
    It's been said obama has staged the greatest raid on the American
    Treasury in the history of the United States. Don't give me that crap none of it's obama's fault. Four years from now are you & obama still going to be blaming it on Bush? Most likely.
    I know in four years everything is going to be better

obama has alQaeda on the run & almost defeated
    http://pjmedia.com/claudiarosett/al-qaeda-weighs-in-on-the-post-election-landscape/

And he's going to lead us to economic recovery. Companies after the election are announcing layoffs across the board

http://michaelsnyder.mensnewsdaily....on-firings-and-layoffs-with-everyone-you-can/

What happened to his claims that without the stimulus unemployment will get to 8% & he'd have half the deficit paid back by the end of his first term & we'd be well on our way to economic recovery by the end of his first term?
    All bullshit.

The problem with most voters is they listen to what he says & vote accordingly. Watch what he does & you'll see the real man.

Not at all stressed, just saying:D

19. The union are the working class men who would've been more affected had Obama not bailed them out, right? All of the sudden its wrong to pay someone for their work AND save their jobs all at the same time? Riight okay whatever you say.

You gotta spend money to make money and we're well on our way to making money one way or another. Americans are some money-hungry bastards.

20. #20 1badbruce, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2012

So it's OK to screw over the share holders?
    The union workers don't see one dime of that money. Since when do unions pay their members? That money went into the coffers of the union & wiill ber used for political influence.
    You really don't have a clue what a union is do you?

If GM had gone bankrupt they would have reorganized their debt. Standard business practice that wouldn't affect the workers.