Americans, would you die for your country?

Discussion in 'General' started by doomed, Sep 17, 2011.

1. #1 doomed, Sep 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2011
    Say China invaded, what would you do?

For the record, I would totally die for America. It might just be the mightiest, most glorious thing that has ever existed in the universe.

Capitalism, freedom, innovations....Greatest entity of all time.

2. Not American, but I would just leave the country, I have no interest in dying for that shit, and if you do, you've already lost.

3. I am American, honestly though? No, I understand some people would gladly die for this country but, in my opinion, this country is so corrupt in many ways, dying for it would be a waste of a life. While I am glad to live in a semi-good country, I would just move to Canada, which I intend on doing in the future anyways.

4. #4 architoker, Sep 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2011
    i would die for my country, but not because i was defending our government or their "ideals". it would be in the defense of people and love and peace.

COME AT ME BRO.

5. Learn Chinese.

6. Fuck nationalism. When I'm dying, I'm the one doing the dying, not America. So fuck it.

7. Nope. Lol maybe for my family

8. I'm Canadian and I can say that I would fight for my country

9. If China invaded my neighborhood specifically, hell yes. I wouldn't take that shit.

Otherwise, no. I'd probably just be like "Well, fuck..." and accept our new overlords.

10. America to me is really two countries. you have the political sphere, where all the bullshit happens, and the populist sphere where everyone just wants to be left alone to do their own thang. i would never die for the political sphere, as it is too wrapped up in maintaining its own position of power. i MIGHT join the populist sphere of resistance if the need legitimate, and the cause worthy.

but i never plan on dying. period.

11. I'll do everything to protect those that's close to me but once they come, it's gonna be everyone for themselves.. Greedy muthafuckas ova here boiii

12. I wouldn't die but I'd sure as hell kill as many of those Chinese bastards as possible.

13. id say im pretty patriotic being an eagle scout and being in boy scouts my entire life. but i probably wouldnt die for my country they way i see it now

14. What do you think?

But to clarify, there is a difference between the Government and the Country

15. I'd fight for my life, but nothing else. Every government is corrupted by money and the only way to fix that is if everyone agreed to a single idea (which will never happen). I'm hoping an asteroid will slam into the planet (one might not too far in the future) and kill everyone, for the sake of me and other people. Every country has found some way to limit happiness for people and make their life shit, while very few others enjoy it they way they want.

16. Chill... Shyt this ant my country ..

17. At least youd die peacefully

18. First thing I would do is leave cause I would get drafted eventually.

19. Too many definitions of "country" to answer shortly... but I wouldn't risk my neck for anyone I didn't love or who couldn't defend themselves.

20. I would die to protect my community and my family, if the chinese where being oppressive which they probably would be.