Americans Still Love War

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aaronman, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Even in the face of economic doom, 57% of Americans support military action on North Korea in retaliation for their mysterious launch over the weekend.

52% Democrats, so much for peace party.

2. idiots...

3. Ugh.

Man, thats all bullshit. They want YOU to think 57% of americans want war with N.Korea, all they have to do is throw a statistic at you guys and you all catch it.

4. It's really sad how dumbed down our country is becoming. how do people think that we can still afford these wars? Our forces are already stretched too thin. I bet the majority of these people that want another war would bitch if a draft came about.

5. aaronman, aaronman, how many times must we get stuck in the same rut together. They're called statistics for a perfectly good reason.

When will you stop with that shit?

6. Why would they want us to think that? If i had the chance to lie and make it fact so I could go to war I would throw out like 78 or 79 percent.

Anywho last night when i was watching obama speak in prague live, i felt like fucking going to korea and kicking ass myself, even though i am strongly anti-war... But the thing is is that Americans picture us going in there and making them surrender, as they did with Iraq and afghanistan,, atleast thats what i think- but who am i?

7. whats wrong with figuring out where americans stand?

8. You don't believe in sampling? Do you think they made up that 22% of Americans think Bush knew about 9/11? I don't think there's evidence to suggest they manipulate data.

Its the best thing we have to gauge public opinion, what alternative would you suggest?

9. who needs evidence?

evidence= schmevidence

10. Because, you're taught estimation, anything above 5 and not below is considered "greater" or "better". So, people will think it's alright to go to war with N. Korea just because of the statistics, if everyone else deems it as okay, then why shouldn't you? Right?

I didn't say that. I don't believe in mass media sampling. I don't think you have enough evidence to suggest that they don't manipulate data, do ya?

11. I don't suggest an alternative. I question your decision.

I don't need numbers to make up my mind. I've got values.

12. ^ it isn't about your values, it's about a public percentage

whether or not the american people support war (i've never exactly been a fan of pollsters, but they're better than nothing i guess), the american government still supports war

and that's who controls everything anyway

13. Sooooo... I don't have values?

I just wanted to show that even with no money and a supposed peacenik President our people still support militant interventionism.

If you were to argue that we should take polling with a grain of salt I would agree.

14. I'm wouldn't argue anything, aaronman. I don't find these statistics thread-worthy, and I'm simply sharing my opinion.

I wonder who thinks Obama is a man of peace after his marijuana snub?

He's got a war in his own country now.

15. I think if you went around taking your OWN statistics most people would decline that they want another war. Especially with N.Korea nothing good is going to be coming out of it. Americas way of solving everything is authority and violence. :rolleyes: