Americans know little about the rest of the world

Discussion in 'General' started by g0pher, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 g0pher, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2009
    So i was talking to this chick in a chatroom who was from the states and she asked me where i'm from and i tell her South Africa and she's like 'oh really? wow, i didnt even know there was a country by that name where is it like, near singapore?'

I'm like chick Wtf ? :confused:

I mean some of you guys suck at geography, is it because the USA is too big or cos yall had little interest in the subject during Highschool?

2. No, it's just because people like you are so apt to generalize the entire American population

3. Your gonna wanna delete this.

Talkin about americans because of one dumb bitch isnt gonna go anywhere.

4. i never learned geography in my school so that could be it
    but i'm not as ignorant as some of the people in my high school. i remember one year i had a friend visiting who was born in south africa and everyone was like "OMG there are white people in africa??!?!" and he was trying to explain the whole thing with the dutch but nobody got it

5. Dunno if you noticed but i said 'some' of you guys, and its pretty darn true

6. I think its safe to assume the intelligence of an entire country from some bitch in a chatroom

7. yeah dude, just because you typed with some broad who probably does nothing but watch american idol & pollute the world with her retarded opinions doesnt mean americans are generally uneducated.

what kind of person PERIOD doesnt know south africa is a country IN AFRICA? who do you talk to? fuck.

8. Doesn't change the fact that's it's still generalizing.

I guess I shouldn't talk though, I have seen more of the world in 3 years than most people do in their entire lifetime

9. Yeah this thread isn't gonna go down well been as this site is 95% American.

Having said that the American population have been known for their lack of geography skills.

I told a kid on Xbox once i was from England. He responded by saying ' Cool have you been up the eiffel tower'
    WTF?

10. Exactly what i'm talking about, dude we get that all the time.

The worse is when you're asked if you have lions as pets

11. yeah, or could you maybe for one second think she was just some little ass chick being immature and fucking with you.. cant believe everything you read man..

this world is full of stupid people. not just america

12. perfectly legitimate question.
    ..DO you have lions..?

13. okay honestly the girls around here PLAY dumb idk i guess its cool. so that might have been the reason for hr idiotic response. but...
    how important is knowing where a country is? i mean maybe if i were to drive a plane or boat or sumthing... but it doesnt effect me much. like ya as in prices and where things are grown yes. but not knowing where the longitude and latitude lines meet up to find the center of china will never bother me and i dont need to know the names of specific countrys cause no matter what the name of the country the country remains the same as in its crops its temperatures and people all stay basically the same so i have no idea the point of my post or this thread but my post made me happy.
    and yes geography is boring!:D

14. Look, generalisation or not, truth is most of you guys really dont care much or even notice your own ignorance about the rest of the world as a country as a whole. What you see in tv is what you think is the truth for everybody else, and again not all of yous

Fuckit this thread may make me unpopular but who gives a shit (i got 3 neg reps already from this)

15. yeah the girl was probably acting retarded
    but honestly south africa? it's not that hard to figure out it's located in africa...

16. No, I got a dog

17. i think he meant in south africa.

18. Yea, but would'nt it bother you if i mistook canada for the USA?

19. And I'd also have to say the same goes for you. You believe about Americans what the TV and a few select individuals tells you... Doesn't make you any better than "us"

And there's no "generalization or not"... doesn't get more generalizing than what you just wrote.

20. #20 igotthatsalad, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2009
    so your news channels and govt. channels are unbiased? they only inform you with the truth and nothing else? i bet not... but not being to your country i have to answer with an educated guess so...
    oh and btw for those who dont care to actually research a topic then yes they will believe what information they are given.
    oh and im sure theres some dumb chick over in your country chatting to sum american making a full of herself to our country people as well lol so all in all well call it even;)

and no it wouldnt bother me if you mistook the U.S. for Canada. personally i think it would be better if we just undivided the continent and made a huge continental country where i can pass and go as i please

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.