Americans are not stupid.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by wunschshrek, Mar 3, 2011.

1. I really liked this video, it had me laughing, although at some parts I felt embarrassed for them.

Is this video Skewed - YES.
    Did they have to interview a lot of people to get these dumb answers - Yes
    Did they cut out all the correct answers - Yes

Regardless, it is still hilarious.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE]YouTube - Americans are NOT stupid - WITH SUBTITLES[/ame]

2. Ahhhhh I love that video.

3. Im so proud to be an American!

4. fucking fools

5. This would be funny if it weren't so pervasive in our society. I know they edited it carefully to get the really stupid answers, but honestly if you asked a random sampling of 100 Americans some international questions, they may not give you funny answers like in this video, but I'd bet most of them couldn't answer the questions. Generally speaking, our knowledge of foreign affairs is pathetic.

People like that make me want to expatriate.

6. Yeah it is definitely skewed to make us look stupid, my favorite part is the cute young girl who when asked how many sides does a triangle have, she replies "no sides......(wait this is a trick) one!"

Later in the video the same girl is asked to name a country which starts with the letter U.

She replies she does not know one, so the interviewer says how about this one?

She still did not understand it, so she goes "What?" -- To which he says "United States of America".

The even sadder part? I called my mother after watching this video, and asked her the same question, and she couldn't think of a country that started with the letter U..... I fucking facepalmed her over the phone, and was like, how about United States of America....

I mean god damn, even if for some reason you can't think of the country you have resided in your entire life, how about Ukraine, Uruguay or Uzbekistan?

I have to say, I lost some respect for her after that conversation.

7. seen the video, actually pretty good. Yes they edited it to make it look worse than it is, but I gotta tell you something. I'm from ukraine (country starts with U!) and since i've been in u.s (12 yrs) i can tell you quite a good chunk of americans i've ran into are pretty bad at geography and foreign affairs. Kinda sad.

8. These people are making americans look like idiots. They're not all idiots just some of them.

9. contradiction
    my piece of land is better than your piece of land
    we're on one rock flying through space, one planet, be proud to represent earth

10. Shit, I'm getting drunk and will admit my first idea of a country that starts with u was Yugoslavia.

Beyond that, this angers me. The rest were simple questions.

11. I said Uruguay:eek:

12. I'll admit I probably couldn't answer some of those questions. That doesn't make me stupid though, it makes me ignorant. Being ignorant is a choice, and can be changed by reading a book. I have no need to know the answer to most of those questions, and they don't interest me, so I don't bother.

Having factual knowledge doesn't mean shit as far as actual intelligence goes.

13. How do you not know how many sides are on a triangle...seriously

14. Yeah I didn't know the answer to the "axis of evil" question, so if they asked me that I would have been on there.

But some of them, what state does KFC come from, sides of a triangle.

Or the lady who thought we won the Vietnam war.... ROFL....

15. Heh, me too :hello:

16. Doesn't surprise me one bit....

Those questions were pretty easy to.

17. I would love to see this done in another country ha ha. All around the world we got some pretty silly people. Lets blame some one then LOL. Oh read a book :hello::smoke::eek::D:p:devious::mad::rolleyes::cool: