Americans are NOT stupid

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by Minimal It, Jan 29, 2009.

1. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE"]YouTube - Americans are NOT stupid - WITH SUBTITLES[/ame]

2. It's awful, but true. I'm an American, but I'm going to college so that stuff is all in my face so I knew almost all the answers, but I know I'm not the average American. Plus I live in California where all the good higher education facilities are located.

3. i cant help but feel that was staged. i mean really? if it is true, then god help us all.

4. What pisses me off is this program picked the dumbest people to represent America. How many people do you think actually answered wrong compared to those that answered correctly? Sorry but this is nothing more than an "anti-america" skit put on by these twats.

5. Those answers are the norm, not the exception.

Americans are extremely insular. We live in our own bubble, and are just ignorant when it comes to the rest of the world.

6. If you look in related videos theres one about us brits too. check it out

7. Maybe they just had other shit on their mind like work, or what they are going to make for dinner??!?!

8. What a stupid thing to say.

9. every country has stupid people in it. who cares?

10. :laughing:

Yeah... That's why Princeton AND Harvard are both on the East Coast, right?

Seriously... What college is Cali known for? UCLA??

:rolleyes:

What is it with Cali peeps thinkin that their state is the best thing since sliced bread, lol?

11. #11 White_Widow_Man, Feb 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2009
    Do I have to watch the video, To, "State", Your not stupid, Americans, Your just one, of the top Hated Countries, In the World Now.

Truth Hurts, But then again, It always, hurt.

Good Day From Canada.

12. This is from the chaser's war on everything. Its an australian comedy show. tehe:p

It's like that everywhere in the world though.

13. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA thats why Cali built 12 prisons last year and only 1 university..

14. Just wanted to quote this post in mine, cause it's funny.

I completely agree, I'm 18 only high school educated (did bad, learned little) and besides history I am not book smart, most of these questions are no-brainers.

I don't know what insular means, but from your statement I'm going to assume it's something like isolated. But responding to the point, speak for yourself and please don't be so quick with generalizations.

I enjoyed the video nonetheless. Idiots rarely fail to entertain :D

15. People envy America so much hahah. I love it :D.

16. We had a stupid president there's the proof right there. We had to have enough stupid people here to elect him didn't we?

17. bush seemed ok before he was elected.. he was better than Al Gore thats for fucking sure!!! Also 80% of presidents are re-elected and serve 2 terms.. so it wasn't like bush was leaving after 4 years. I hope Obama handles things better than Bush did though. America FTW! :smoking:

18. Being South African and having to deal with Americans on the phone all day i'd have to say they pretty dumb :D

19. America, one of the most youngest and most successful country this world has ever seen. Just gota get our ganja laws in check :D

20. Yes, it means that Americans have isolated themselves from the rest of the world. This is a generalization, to an extent, but it's a generalization based on facts.

It's based on the fact that only 20% of Americans hold a passport. It's based on the fact that our schools teach very little about world geography and politics, compared to the rest of the world. It's based on the fact that our news media covers very little from outside North America.

I've traveled all over the world, and have met people from all over, and the difference in world knowledge from Americans vs. the rest of the world is absolutely astounding and embarrassing.