American Hustle

Discussion in 'Movies' started by hermione420, Dec 27, 2013.

1. I toked in the single toilet rest room of the theatre while the previews were going and made it back to the film just in time and it was great. It's a good character driven film and the female roles aren't 2 dimensional. The soundtrack was good and some parts were humorous. The cinematography was great and the angles that the film goes through were cool while buzzed and watching up close on a large projector. Made me feel as though I was inside the movie. Would recommend.

2. Lol you were smokin in the bathroom for the previews, and for that bad ass movie. Haha thats awesome! Ive only heard awesome things about it, but yet to see it.

3. [quote name="Leon Sandcastle" post="19236229" timestamp="1388131871"]Lol you were smokin in the bathroom for the previews, and for that bad ass movie. Haha thats awesome! Ive only heard awesome things about it, but yet to see it.[/quote]I was as safe as possible. Used smoke buddy, toked single hits. There were tons of people but I survived.

4. #4 RedEyesHigh420, Jan 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014
    [quote name="hermione420" post="19243008" timestamp="1388257423"]I was as safe as possible. Used smoke buddy, toked single hits. There were tons of people but I survived.[/quote][​IMG] I'm gonna watch it tonight, the trailer looked pretty interesting and it stars a bunch of actors and actresses I love, so. why the hell not? will report back later with news :bolt:Update, just watched it and that shit blew me away. I laughed throughout the movie, I felt deep sympathy for some characters and extreme disgust towards others, and the film was just so well put together. 9/10

5. i thought it was great but my gf hated it.....then again she is slow and missed a few parts while in the bathroom so she didnt care for it.

6. I can't wait to see it. American Hustle and The Wolf of Wall Street are two movies I really want to see 

7. I was high as hell and somewhat drunk during American Hustle. It was awesome.

8. Well, shit, she probably didn't understand what was going on half the time because she missed key plot points. :confused_2:

9. Great Movie.

I love con stories/movies, and this movie is full of cons.

So good that I saw it last week and I'm thinking about going and seeing it again.

I was really surprised by Robert De Niro's cameo.

10. Enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would, probs give it an 8.5.  Was surprised that Jennifer Lawrence wasn't the most attractive woman in it.

11. Christian Bale carried the fuck out of this movie. His best performance since American Psycho.

12. Eh. I didn't really enjoy it all that much. :confused_2:

13. Yeah, I'd fuck the shit out of Amy Adams.

14. From the moment my eyes hit the cleavage it was great...then my eyes hit the $100.00 notes in the safe,....then the movie died a terrible predictable death ...as those bills ain't out till 1998 ..

.4/10

15. Huh? They had $100 dollar bills in 1977.

I think he was great in The Fighter

Great movie, I really enjoyed The Machinist as well but American Hustle outperformed both.

18. Thought it was decent/mediocre, without Christian Bale it would have been garbage though. One time watch for me.

19. I'm not a fan of Christian Bale whatsoever. He's done a few decent films in his career, but I don't really think that he was anything spectacular in this film. Amy Adams on the other hand dominated her screen time. She much deserved her nomination this year for best actress. Bradley Cooper wasn't entirely amazing either, but he's still an up and comer with a lot of potential. He showed quite a decent range in this as well. I felt Christian Bale kind of just rolled through the film with little versatility.

That being said, I still enjoyed the movie quite a bit. It had its stutters here and there, but overall was impressive. Cinematography was great and with the accompaniment of the soundtrack, created a great and realistic atmosphere. I'm not entirely sure if I'd watch it again any time soon, but it is something I wouldn't mind revisiting in the future. 

20. If Jennifer Lawrence gets naked, I have to see this movie