Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

American History X Quote

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Highfives, Aug 12, 2011.

1. All of you who have and haven't seen the movie can have a valid opinion about this.
    I was just wondering what you people think about it:

"Weed is for n*ggers. Put that away right now, have a little self-respect."
    -Derek Vinyard

2. I absolutely loved this movie from start to finish. Easily one of my favorites of all time.

That last quote where he finishes his paper and turns into the principal was heart felt.

As for the quote..what do you expect when he was heavily involved in the 'white power', anti-sematic movement. You can tell early on he despised people of color, especially during the basketball scene, where teams were segregated whites against the blacks.

Such a powerful message this movie had. Edward Norton was spectacular..then again he is a superb actor!

3. Sounds like my redneck fucking family

4. That peice of shit can sit on his high horse because i am much higher then he will ever be

5. I beyond agree with everything above, but after re-watching the movie yesterday I got stuck up on this quote. What distinguishes a white smoker from a black man that is smoking? I in no way believe weed is for colored people, but its interesting how he put it that way.

Also, to side track from the quote, I find it very interesting how I agree with so many of his views in the movie about politics, etc. On the otherhand i disagree with his racist mind set and neo-Nazi support. Maybe its cuz im Jewish, but thats beyond the point.

6. #6 GanjaHaze, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2011
    the funny thing is Ed Norton was recently in a movie about pot...leaves of grass.....Amer Hist X,great movie thou

7. On a completely different note, has anyone seen the alternate ending for this movie?

8. If you can find it on youtube and link it, it would b awesome :D

9. Thats the sort of contradiction that should b on a skittles commercial, gonna check that movie out tonight

10. Don't know.

But the original ending where his little brother got killed was epic.

11. One of my favorite movies of all time.

12. Beileve it or not, alot of skinheads smoke weed. :smoking:

13. a lot of skinheads have swasticas tattoos. your point? :smoking:

14. You just have to watch out for the straight edge ones that will kill you for it

15. I remember when I didn't know about this movie my caucasian friend recommended this movie to me, and said to watch it because it deals with the black struggle. Haha I still loved the movie though. xP

16. I cant find the video/: should i just say what happens?

17. If it aint this one: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y74FfJcAZXA]American History X ----- Deleted Alternate Ending - YouTube[/ame] lol
    Then yea just say it

18. I'm pretty sure he said that in the movie because he believed drugs in general were for the minority races he believed to be inferior, which is why he bugged so much in the prison scene where an aryan brotherhood guy was buying drugs from a mexican dude.

When he his brother got shot at the end i was like WHAT!??!?!?!

19. The alternate ending is the older brother shaving his head:eek:

20. Great fuckin movie.