America

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by wompum, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Just wait about 12 years when fossil fuel prices SKYROCKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's going to be insane and many many things are going to change. We'll just have to wait and see...

2. Ill tell you why people hate America and Americans.
    Because most of you tell us how powerfull and rich your country is.
    WHAT IS THE NEED TO SPEND MONEY TO UPGRADE YOUR MILITARY. People are scared of America because they have the greatest military force. Your government is so focused on being the great power that they cant see the beauty of this world and the people in it. I dispise all government that have a military even my own Australia. Now look at our country the hole world loves us why because we are great. Not great as in MONEY OR FORCE but great in help and friendship.

I never hear about America helping any 3rd world countrys
    or any one for that matter. Someone is always helping them to win wars. So they can get even more powerful.

Wake up you fools your country is leading you to a WORLD of SHIT.

3. A lot of people hate america because it won't follow the global rules on everything and yet expects everyone else to follow them, and if they don't BLAM! bomb them out. EU,UN etc. are all planning for the future of the world, rebuilding countries, making business local, doing contracts to decrease the amount of industrial waste and gasses etc. US has more than 10 times voted against those contracts, or refused to sign them, take Kuba for example, every other countrie has voted for removal of the ban (business, trade and such) and US has always voted against it, why? 'cos Castro refuses to follow the political structure of US, come on it's been 40 fucking years, isn't that enough allready? think where the country would be if it had been left alone. And all this stuff about freeing iraq, yes saddam was a fucker but if that would have been the reason then why the hell wouldn't the all great US solve the same problem in south america (several locations)?

I don't hate americans 'cos I don't know any but your leaders are doing a hard job to make the rest of the world hate you. And spending even more money on defense? name one country that would be likely to attack the USA... there's none, maybe instead of spending most of the money on military the US should pay attention to education and all that stuff, and maybe then the US would get an president that hasn't bought his way to the white house, and speaking of that the election system is very stupid, you have to pay a lot to even be a candidate so you have to have tons of bling bling on your pocket and that $ comes from corporation and companies and of course they want something in return maybe an contract here and permission there, sure that's just fair but what is not, is that it eats the opportunies from the smaller ones.

The bigger it is, the louder the sound when it falls...

Btw why is this on the spirituality and philosophy section?:::

4. Good point, but it does involve philosophy (and even religion) to a small extent. If it strays too far in another direction maybe it'll go to general.

5. it toke me over an hour to prepare this post

wrong. we don't want to see a nation as irresponsible as the US of A handeling the power it has.
    (the nation, not it's people _ ok _ it's your governement I don't want to see with such power. It is so obvious the only thing that make these people act is the race fo more power/money.
    not the race to save employements, social care, etc etc and most importantly and that's what gives me the right to state my opinion not the safeguard of Earth...
    (Earth is that rock we live upon)

so true, wanna know why?

oh but you already know.

but that is exactly what you do.

oh of course you don't always take you planes and bomb down a governement, you do it through assaniation, and etc etc..

Hell there is a whole federal bureau dedicated to what the US of A will do to others !!

Wang don't tell me you are so blind.

last foreign affair declaration:
    "Y. Arafat is an obstacle to [...]"

the answer to that declaration was:
    "Y. Arafat was elected by his people; America has no word in this election."

all you state, Wang is what IS HAPPENING today, for real.

geee

WAKE UP

+++

yeah america does appear to be quite coward when you look at it's offensive strikes on a strategic point of vue (we'll bomb everything _that's everything_ and then we will move in our "elite force troops".

trouble is, now that te "war is over" americans get killed on a daily basis.. hahaha talk about elite force troops.

I respect the death of soliers what ever their uniform, but I realy luv it when a strategic commander says we've won, then looses at least one soldier a day since. (but hey, you've won haven't you?)

oh wait ..

isn't it your president that went to the UN ...

asking for help ..

+++

another way to say that can be, because then US of A would not only be the biggest bully arround, it would also appear so.

very good analogy, i will use it. ;)

+++

but since the US of A (tm) are the biggest, it should be good for everybody.. should it not? ..

that should have read "like ALL"

America does not struggle"with it greatness"; America struggles to "stay" teh Big One. All america's external doings are driven by the quest for power/money. EXCLUSIVELY.

the answer is simple: because thei're holding you by the balls.
    If saoudie arabia would stop providing the one energy supply that most of your economy relies on, then america (inc.) is doomed.

so again the why is MONEY.

+++

not only it has long ago lost it's RESPONSABILITIES.

here is a why: because the US of A never had to /report to/ someone or some agency for their doings they can make a war, imprison the prisoner without any respect of the internationaly geneva convetion, and still will refuse to answer to the UN.
    the why is because the US of A see themselves as above everyone else. That is not so. The US of A share something with everyone: Earth.
    But hey, America's history shows that when someone inhabits and ows a land, america just arrives and declares it's his, then parks the former inhabitans in "reserves" ..

the only way America has ever been great to me is by putting a man on the moon. Today I'm 30 and I realize that acievment has not increase my way of life, my soul, or life by one iota. So I would say that America has done Great things in size and endavour, but great in stature .. I wouldn't say so.

EXACTLY. (and now that voices all over the world raises and points the finger at these doings, the bully answers "I'm the biggest, I do what I want".

nope. It's bullying.

yup, but US of A are still the one with the biggest stick. lucyly enough for the rest of the nations, they are energy dempendant.

well that was before they annexed Iraq.

+++

no, not exactly: I for miself am scared because US of A have the greates military force AND use it exclusively if there's money to be made.

don't do anything else?
    don't see father than their bank account?
    don't care if they are taking dramatic huge decision like "CO2 is not Earth killing"

the list is looooooooong ...

that's not great, great is being able to bombard a country with no authorisation, right doing, and against the WHOLE WORLD, and still being able to then address the UN and.... ask for help ...
    that is being great.

well listen more careflly they do when there's money to be made.

not if you are rich and american.

+++

but yet they are the greatest ... are they not ? ...

I don't hate. full stop.

I think the governement's doings are driven only by and for money, and that is despicable; buti think it is a problem that regards the WHOLE WORLD when it comes to decision that are as grave as Earth's wellfare.

{governements}
    how could that make me more rich or powerfull.
    {utopist}
    well it wouldn't but in the long run it
    {governements}
    I'm not interested.

why is there any other way to step into that chair?

consider it an investment, because once there, you will make all your friends make huge amounts of mney so they will give you some a way or another.
    this is a financial institution, not a political intitution.
    the chair is used to make money, nothing else.

the sad part is that it will mainly hurt the americans. (americans do not like being called the "biggest bully" )

I am glad not to be american. because I would not want my tax money to be used the way it's used in the US of A.

If I were american,... well it'd depend if i were rich or not :D

6. The Only thing that really comes to mind in all this that seems to be happening today in the world is this

"Any man who is willing to trade Freedom for Security deserves neither one of them"

"Benjamin Franklin"

7. Hey Gri77on: What is your problem? you don't seem to agree with any one even if their from the opposite sides of debate, instead of just slaggin of everyones posts try to come up with a good solution (and no anyone being like you doesn't count..)

8. oh, you're wrong (but my use of english may be at fault here)
    I manly agree with non americans' point of vue, and if you read my last post again, you will see some sarcasm (I used sarcasm as a way to say I agree with that point of vue).
    and as for solutions, may i suggest you walk along the various US of A related threads, you will se that I am amongs the ones that propose a course of actions.

http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25418
    This one comes to mind, because it has been very active.

9. China will be the main world power in 10-15 years....I guarantee that. And no, I am not Chinese but jus watch. That's country is rapidly progressing too the point where its kind of scary

10. would that make Linux the stoner comunity? :D

outlow420 said it best when he quoted that famous ben franklin line.

11. if you think america is good,,, canada is 100 times better.. no offense cause you guys would anilate us in a war... but we dont have cops up our ass for pot... and like... i dunno its easy to get away wit shit here... our teachers even smoek weed.. if you go to class high they dont care... if you go to work high noone cares... if you do anything high noone here gives a fuck... in canada i could kill someone and not get caught.. i know it ;) lol jk...

12. Watch it %151_pROOf%, I'm not gonna fault you for speaking your mind but if you post anything truly racist it'll be deleted.

I honestly don't care about what you think but when that happens you may offend other members so i gotta keep the peace.

13. Just saw the M.Moores film On the road, and based on that I think that the USA will eat itself... al that kicking people out of their jobs 'cos the factory makes such high profits and not an decent welfare system... those chiefs at the top are just plain idiots, if you're making huge profits that are growing each year then why kick everybody out (telling them about ti the day before) and move the factory to mexico or indonesia? sure you get cheaper workers out there but they should remember the amount of people that live under the poverty line, I watched that and was astonished of the way people live, working two jobs!?!?! but I quess it's the way it goes, bigger country bigger problems...

14. Bad things about America:

- U.S. is 4% of world population but consumes 25% of world resources.

- U.S. gives away the smallest percent of gnp

- U.S. has largest gap between rich and poor.

- U.S. has largest prison population per-capita.

- U.S. dosn't take Global warming seriously.

- Average american drinks 20 oz of soda a day

- U.S. has shitty protectionist legislation

- U.S. - overall fuel economy goes down each year, and miles driven goes up. Automobiles are also getting bigger each year.

- other countries suck too though.

15. !!! HYPER - LOL !!!

16. Umm whoever created this thread about how everyone hates the u.s. must be an expert copy and paste person. Because this whole thing he wrote came from a british newspaper in London, called the daily mirror. The guy who wrote it came from an extremely right wing newspaper. Umm yeah, look it up, i remember reading about it on the net, he copied the whole end section of the article. Cool what people can do huh? this is off topic, but i wish i could copy and paste an article and wait for 37 replies of arguement, but i can't...i'm surprised i found this out, geez i'm so full of myself.

17. Anyone seen "atomic cafe"?..... if things are bad now they were alot worse before...

18. the reason so many people dislike the us isnt because of fear of war, its because of bush, remove him and usa will be better off you gotta remember ppl a country is only as good as its leader usa could be great spending all that cash helping people but not while theres a warmonger in command

19. the problem was there well before bush he just makes it worse.

20. it was a goo cut an paste the fact that it wasn't quoted doesn't diminish the quality of this thread, not event the poster's..