America wins again

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by yurigadaisukida, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Anyone hear about chinas moon rover? Lasted ALMOST a fraction as long as our MARS rover.

NOOBS! DIS IS OUR GAME!!!

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Which MARS rover are you talking about. The United States Mars rovers are still functioning on Mars. In fact one of them went years over its life expectency that NASA had to refund that department. They ran out of funding because they never dreamed it would last that long. 

3. Space belongs to the US OF A!!

4. I personally wish space wasn't a competition among nations. That we can come as one to start the a world like Star Trek. I'd be the first in line to join.

They really don't. We might call it that but it is not. It comes down to money, know how of the population, infrastructure. Right now space is by far to cost prohibitive to go up in mass for the hell of it. Thats why theres only a handful of spacefaring nations...they dont have the money, know how, or infrastructure built up. 

There actually has never been a better time for Space now that private companies are gearing up or already launching. 

6. since the initial space race i think things have been fairly good between nations. we hitch rides with russia a lot. and the international space station is a thing.

7. It must suck to live in a country where you have to focus on space, rather then your actual country, to feel good about said country

8. Ummmm.. did you not read the op?

9. competition is the driving force of progress

10. Could be said about most countries and their benefits. I could say a lot of good about america.

Whats your point?

Must suck yo live in a country like the uk where your greatest accomplishment is reinventing enlish. Or in canada, where your greatesy achievent is??????????

11. #12 MooseyPoo, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    Did you contribute to any of the accomplishments of the United States? You look like a jackass talking as though you've done anything, and are entitled to something just for being born in a certain country. It's American's like you that give us a bad name. smh

Next thing you'll be talking about WWII as though you, yourself served.

Yeah, I watch a documentary about it. Sums down to Power and control...of real estate in space.

13. Im pretty sure the parts for the mars rover were made in china like everything else

14. If you claim to own a massive skyscraper and no one agrees with you, you will be seen as a lunatic. If people agree, you are a wealthy man...

People draw a line on a map and think the distinctions between those "countries" are real...

Everything we have... we owe it to someone else, going from our our money and wealth to our language and conditioning.

How delusionary...

15. actually you are wrong.

The countries achievements as a whole are due to politics/culture and such.

In fact many americans support giving even more money to NASA.

So yes. If the country wins, so do it's people.

Any other stupid queation?

16. Thats irrelevent. The money came from the peoples republic of america.

We borrow it from china to buy from china with no intent of paying it back.

Whos the sucker?

17. Well said

18.  Lol, china's gonna pollute the moon.

19. I had something for this...