America: Land of the Free

Discussion in 'Politics' started by StayHighAllDay, Apr 29, 2011.

1. #1 StayHighAllDay, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2011
    Freedom to smoke an herbal substance that our founding fathers grew in their backyards. Freedom to not wear a seatbelt, since doing so could only potentially harm the individual without it on. Freedom to disapprove of a police officer searching your car, although of course if they still want to you can't do shit-all about it BUT we can still disapprove. Freedom to keep the money you earn. We have the freedom to wear the outfit god provided us with. I don't know why I'm listing all these numerous freedoms we have because we're the land of the free so these are all a given and go without saying. :rolleyes:

2. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, we live in the "Land of the free to do as your told":(

3. Go to China and see if its better there.

4. Irrelevant, we live in America.

China =/= America
    China =/= Land of the free
    China =/= Republic

If China doesn't think its better over there, then they need to deal with their own problems.

5. so thought provoking...

6. Freedom to have a say in our government

7. Really? :eek:

8. Welcome to the PSA (no longer the USA).

Police State of America.

9. LOL dream on.

If the President starts rocking the boat he gets shot, so what chance you got?

:confused:

10. WOW.

Those sure are some important freedoms you listed there

11. Social conservatism is some bullshit.

12. Freedom to study what you want. Freedom to marry who you want to. Freedom to change your economic situation. Freedom to vote for who you think is best. All these sound pretty good to me. Stop focusing on the negatives, work to make this country a better place to live in instead of just whining.

13. Boohoo OP, I'd like to see you live in China and be unable to hold a sign protesting the government:rolleyes:

Go live in the Ivory Coast, where there's civil war...

I hear lots of Americans taking for granted and complaining about what the majority of the world wishes they: clean running water, health care, safe streets, civil order, jobs that pay more than $1 a day:rolleyes:

14. thats not how this works

because there are problems in x amount of countries, doesnt mean that our country doesn't have problems that it faces.

you go live in the ivory coast,

you go live in china

i dont care what you have to say because you dont live there.

see how that works?

America is fucked up, for what its worth

15. Hate to ruin the party, but most western countries prohibit the use of marijuana, have strict seatbelt laws, have police search laws, pay high taxes, and have nudity as a misdemeanor...

i hear Uganda doesn't have any of those laws:p

16. Coming from someone who apparently happily lives in a shitty, grimy, disgusting excuse for a country......

17. Aside from the unnecessary, racist comment, yes, I am happy living here. Mexico City (where I live) doesn't have school shootings or random mall drive by's unlike many of America's major cities today. I have access to clean water, higher education, world-class health care. Keep in mind I lived in Canada for 15 years before I moved here and my living standards haven't really changed much.

But hey, America's economy is on a downfall and Mexico is expected to be one of the biggest economies by 2050; we'll see who's trying to cross which border in the future:p

18. How about we cut off all trade deals with mexico and then see who's economy is doing well. Also, I love how you fail to mention all the money that's being siphoned from America and sent over there. They are nothing without us. Dream on.

19. What are you talking about? Who said anything about cutting all trade deals with Mexico???

20. Point being, we are the leg that they stand on. If they weren't blessed to be bordered next the USA and, by default get priority trade deals, they would just be another 3rd world, Latin American country. But they're not, so they're not.