America infuriates me at times (in regards to georgian "conflict")

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GolgiApparatus, Aug 14, 2008.

1. judas please try and keep your thoughts to just one post if you can ty

2. That's pretty messed up. I debate the things other people brought up....and I get asked that?

I've been backing our country's reasons behind our support for Georgia. And all I hear is South Ossetia is the Ossetians, and Georgian is killing innocent civilians.

How did I get singled out in this?

Just like the liberals to cherry pick the situation to make them seem righteous...and everyone else seems savage,

3. Exactly how I see it. REP+

4. Just because we do not recognize there country does not mean that it is not a independent land, South Ossetia does not share itself with Georgia. Georgia would force themselves onto south Ossetia and make them swear allegiance if they did what they wanted with it.

5. #65 JudasCanna, Aug 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2008
    There are both Ossetians and Georgians living in South Ossetia,, in fact.....the Georgians there have voted to be part of Georgia.

South Ossetia was given the chance to share government as well, they denied it. It is part of Georgia.....I don't know how much clearer I can make that for you.

6. [​IMG]

you see what this is, this is men in South Ossetia dancing to the flag of South Ossetia in a poling station celibrating independence. These are people being patriotic to what they know, what they know is that there couthry that they live in and love. Georgia came in and said no, you face allegence to me. Now does Russia seem as evil for what they did?

http://www.daylife.com/photo/05EV4N4g6g8xm

Here is a piece from wiki:

The people there have voted for independence but there referendum is not recognized by the international community.

99% of the people at the polling station voted for independence, it seems like the people here what to be a country and not part of Georgia.

7. Here is a piece from wiki:

The people there have voted for independence but there referendum is not recognized by the international community.

99% of the people at the polling station voted for independence, it seems like the people here what to be a country and not part of Georgia.[/quote]

I've have already made these points for the reasoning behind US involvement over there dude....

I've been saying that the world doesn't not recognize their indepedence nor the de facto government they have elected this whole time. That's why America is backing Georgia....so where is the confusion in this? That is my government's position in the matter.

I thought this thread was about America being involved in this? If the world sees South Ossetia as a part of Georgia then this is just liberal gibberish about equality. You are trying to mask it with "freedom". If they wanted freedom they would have excepted jointed control of the government, which Georgia didn't have to offer. The south wasn't offered that by the union in the US after the civil war.

If 99% of the peopole in the southern states of the US voted for the separation from the US.....would be for that too just because the US wouldn't let it happen?

8. Wow, Georgians want to be Georgians?!

South Ossetians were not given a chance to share government, regional parties are barred from politics. Nor are they permitted to speak their own language.

Judas doesn't believe in democracy or the right to secession...

9. #69 JudasCanna, Aug 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2008
    Of course, they are separatists, and they denied joint control of the government. Why should Georgia give them anything.

Georgians were there before Ossetians....

Your agruement is still the same......"Oh those poor Ossetians...".

All you are doing is spinning it every time you say something different.

And my point is the same. America is supporting Georgia because South Ossetia is part of Georgia. The majority of the world's nations view it the same.

Is it wrong to kill innocent people?....sure it is. But that will always happen in war.

10. Only Georgia called for war. Russia answered.

11. Wrong again. Georgia stopped the uprising and Russia saw it as an opportunity to occupy that part of the world again. They moved in there to "protect" the Ossetians...but really they just want that part of Georgia to be absorbed back into Russia.

12. I don't think he understands that the red army of all people are defending democracy and damning totalitarian rule.

13. Just another liberal view blasted across just about every news network across the country....

You aren't making a point.

14. The point to be made is that South Ossetia is South Ossetia, It is not part of Georgia anymore. The people there have voted for freedom and decided that thy are alone. Georgia comes in and says no sir, your land is mine and bow down to me. Russia came in and pushed them out of these lands in defends of it's small neighbor. There is money to be made in Georgia and countries like ours have become friends, follow the money bro.

15. See here is where you keep losing me, "South Ossetia is South Osseatia, it is not part of Georgia anymore."

That's wrong dude. As wrong as a soup sandwich, or screen door on a submarine. That is a part of Georgia, just because those people fled there and have now been living in Georgia's land for a while now...does not give them the right to try to lay claim to it.

If they don't want to live under Georgian government, then they can leave. They may as well go to Russia because if they get their independence (once again, I don't think they will), Russia will try to absorb them.

Of course it's about money and power. That part of Georgia is rich with natural resourses. The Ossetian's know this, they have seen the Georgian government make money off of it since the end of the cold war. Russia knows it too, as well as America. That's why we are backing Georgia.

But all in all, it's about power. The Ossetians think they can take what they immigrated to and populated for their own, simply because they out number the native Georgians in the area. They want the power of that land. That means a new nation with new leaders lining their pockets with money that used to go to the Georgian government.

None the less, Georgia owns South Ossetia....tough titty said the kitty when the nipple went dry.

Russia wants to absorb South Ossetia for the same reasons. POWER. They could care less about the people of South Ossetia. Even though the news may tell a different story. They are over there for expansion.

16. out number the Georgians?

They had a democratic vote in the country where 95% of the population of South Ossetia came to the polls and 99% of them voted for independence from Georgia. It was monitored from 34 international observors from Germany, Austria, Poland, Sweden, and many other countries. If Russia want to absorb this tiny province by now, don't you think they would of done it. They clearly have the ability to hand the Georgian Army by there balls, why haven't they done it yet if thats what they want so bad?

17. #77 JudasCanna, Aug 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2008

You really are a blind sheep. Who are Georgia's friends? Are you seriously saying to me, that if Russia wanted to take South Ossetia, they could have walked in there by now and done it?

America's position stays the same. Georgia owns South Ossetia. All you are doing is crying about those poor Ossetians.

What happens if Russia goes into Georgia and attacks them for no reason? Who do you think would come to their aid???

For the fourth time......Russia is using the excuse that they are "protecting" Ossetians for their presence there. What do you think they are after? Do you really think they are humanitarians?

Are you going to make a valid point any time in this? Or are you just going to cherry pick everything I say to try and find fallacies?

18. They stopped the peaceful uprising that happened 16 years ago! It's not like anything has changed since the initial ceasefire... It was a random attempt to reclaim the soil, and it was a war crime.

Please find me some examples of these liberal views you see on the news in support of Russia and South Ossetia. You are full of shit.

They didn't immigrate there, clownshoes, they've lived there for centuries. Their sovereignty was ended with Soviet capture in 1800s, and they were TAKEN by Georgia at the breakup of the Soviet. The land has been theirs since the middle-ages.

Georgia has no claims to the territory before the land grab in 1991.

We can get through this, Judas.

19. Shit, the US has been invading lots of countries for much more than 10 years.

20. fantastic contribution.