America gave $410,000,000 last year, America eclipses the entire world's giving

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bulldog11, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Scientology is a religion contributions to them would not be to a charity.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  2. I believe people give out of the goodness of their hearts. Governments and corporations seem to "give" more for advantageous purposes...to better themselves in the long run... or because of tax breaks.

3. I thought they had charity status?

There's a huge amount of corruption and siphoning off in a lot of these so called "charities" nowadays. We've seen numerous scandals over this side of the pond in recent years.

Charity is a good thing but it's hard to stomach the salaries and packages some of their CEO's are in receipt of.

4. They have none profit status and are not taxed.

:smoke:

5. If a man gives money to the homeless to make him self look good, regardless of his intention he still helped out the homeless man.

"Black Project..?"

• Like Like x 1
  6. #26 ReturnFire333, Jun 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    You're trying to insinuate the inherent nature of the country, you're not pointing out anything objective, or trying to start a debate about the nature that you're insinsuating, you're trying to make a point by citing a point. I am arguing against your point.

Your post naturally led me to assume that your opinion is that American's are benevolent because of these donations. I am arguing against that. If I am mistaken that you are insinuating this, then I apologize and stand to be corrected.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Quoted for truth. Are you willing to give me $900,000 for me to give $5,000 to the actual cause? Most of it goes to the advertising, consulting, and the actual CEO's.

So yeah, Americans might be doing it thinking they're helping, but alot of it is a sham. And it doesn't change the fact that Americans want to help charities that they pick and choose, while supporting things like immoral wars, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Case in point is the Trump Foundation.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. I bet atleast 50% of that $410,000,000 went to that, hahaha.

• Like Like x 1
  10. No need for a bridge at the moment but could badly do with a garden gate if you have one to spare. My one is looking a little shook of late.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fixed that for ya.

"Let it be written, let it be done. Slowly I walk toward the fractured light."

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. You have never owned a business before have you? It really shows.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Those politicians always get the last laugh...

14. Governments cannot give anything to anyone that was not first taken from someone else. Governments can only re-distribute.

• Like Like x 2
  15. #35 GorillaGherkin, Jun 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    Most the time when we donate money to other countries the leaders just keep it and don’t give it to the people that really need it. Take Egypt for example, or we donate weapons to a group that will fight against their so called corrupt government so that we can have an excuse to go to war again 10 years down the road fighting the same ppl we have weapons too.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I can see this point of view for sure...... I kind of relate it to somebody saying they don't give to the people on the streets anymore because they buy booze, are not really homeless, ext ext.

17. That’s the only reason I give them $ I totally support their habits. I know half of em aren’t Christians, vets, or ran outta gas. Their America’s forgotten class. Democrats and republicans would rather them b dead or in a jail cell than deal with them. So why not give them a out for a few hours.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. That's how I see it. If i have a few bucks to spare I'll give someone a buck or two or a nug. Hell, I've bought bums booze when i was going into the lq for myself and someone asked for a dollar. Told em if it's booze you need what's your poison? I'll get you a pint.
    One time i was going to Six flags with my friend, a cooler of beer, some vodka and a few joints. We saw a bum so we stopped and gave him a few beers, a joint and told him to hit the bottle before we left. Happiest damn bum I ever saw.

Sent from my LGL57BL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. This thread is proof people will bitch and cry about anything

20. And shave off a portion for themselves...

Sent from my VS995 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1