Amendment costs per lb

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Firefly 420, Dec 3, 2012.

1. How much do you pay for a pound of kelp meal, alfalfa meal, crab meal, rock dust etc at your local nursery/farm feed store?

2. My 50 lb bag of kelp is $45. The average is about $70 though. Ive never found anyone who can get my price on kelp somewhere else. My alfalfa is $13 for a 50 lb bag, but its not organic alfalfa. (whatever, it works). My rock dust is free. I collect it from a granite cutter. My cost on crab is high. I paid $36 for a 2 gallon container. Granted a little goes a long way. At a 1/2 cup per c.f., I'll be using this crab for years.

3. So a 1 pound bag of each wouldn't cost too much right?

4. cheap. this weekend, i found a place in town that sells em in bulk... you pay by weight and take what you want. they are very close to what you pay if you were to buy a whole bag. pretty flippin cool

5. Wrong. The only reason that I get these prices is because I buy in bulk.(50 lb bags) You wont find a 1 lb bag sold anywhere. Probably the smallest you'll find is a 4 lb bag and it would be around 15-20 bucks

6. My local farm and garden place has the Dr earth line. Everything is between $8-$10 per box, boxes are between 2 and 5 pounds. That's for kelp, alfalfa, fish bone, etc.

7. #7 Firefly 420, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2012
    Really? I emailed a fertilizer company near me asking about prices and sizes and they said that they do carry one lb bags. They still haven't replied on the prices yet though.

8. I think it's close to that at my grow store. They have a list of prices that I'll take a pic of next time I go in.

They have everything in 50 lb bags and you can buy the whole bad for cheap, or buy it by the pound... or by the five pound bags. The 5 pounds bags are slightly discounted but the 50 lbs is really where the deals at. You see the price drop at least by half.

9. i ended up spending $17 and got all the ammendments at 1-2lbs. the highest cost was the bat guano.. 2.39/lb. i ended up buying 1/2 lb for my current soil mix.

their peat moss prices were thru the roof. 1.5cu ft was like 26 bucks. i got 3 cu ft at lowes for 12.99

10. That's a great deal on guano! It's pricey in my area.

11. they had 2 types of bat guano. i ended up getting the high phos one. i need to get some more worm castings. i didn't add any to my last batch of mix